GEXA / Fraud and cheating!
I requested a change of electric provider on line. I read where there might be a $400 deposit so I called GEXA and asked if GEXA would inform me if there was a deposit required - the answer was, "Of course!".
I did not expect to pay a deposit - I have an excellent credit rating. Nothing was mentioned in the contract that I received with my new account number, but when my first bill came, it included a $400 deposit!
I have called the company and have spoken with 6 customer reps. Nothing has been resolved and they say they will not check my credit rating because I was a previous customer. When I was with GEXA previously, they received my payment "late" twice. Once it was 1 day late and another time it was 2 days late. I paid early 8 times, paid exactly on the due date twice. THAT payment history deserves a $400 deposit?!!!
I just switched back to Spark Energy and I am filing a complaint with the PUC.
More GEXA Complaints & Reviews
- Gexa Energy - No customer service 
- Gexa Energy - Rate increase of 100% in 6 months 
- Gexa Energy - Rate Hikes
- Gexa Energy - Unethical Billing Practices 
- Gexa Energy - Bait and Switch 
- Gexa Energy - Billing errors and overcharges!
- Gexa Energy Electric Rates - variable rates
- Gexa Energy - Disconnect Notices
- Gexa Energy - Rip off
- Gexa Energy - Highest rates