GetYourGuide / early access to statue of liberty and ellis island

1 Germany, United States

Having been diverted due to an event around the battery park area and road closures on the day of our tour . I tried to call the emergency number several times to no avail. After arriving at the meeting point finally, there was no guide there to meet us . I'm sure you can imagine our disappointment and frustration. I tried to recontact the emergency number. After finally getting through 45 minutes later I was told they were unable to fit us on another tour that day and my only solution was for them to put us on a tour the following day and that I would have to pay 18 dollars on top for each of us. Having had to pay 25 dollars on the cab already to get there and having phoned from a uk mobile as well for a call that didnt really solve anything and took ages to finally get through to an agent to talk to.
As we were traveling the next day back to the Uk it was a huge disappointment for myself and my sister to miss out on the tour.
We ended up having to purchase other tickets on top.
I feel that the communication was terrible there was no direct contact number to get in touch with the tour guide to let them know we were held up due to the road closures. As it was a main event surely the tour guide should have been aware that it was going on that weekend. It was a huge dissappointment and expense on top of what I had already payed. The agent I spoke to was not really able to help me other then to give me a German contact number. Having spent so long on the previous phone call the last thing I wanted to do was spend even more time on hold to no solution.
I'm sure you can imagine my frustration the sole reason I pre booked with you was to alleviate any stress on our holiday and to make things easier and more organized. Frankly it was a huge let down and we were just left standing. I feel it only fair that I am fully reimbursed for the tour I purchased with you as it was inconventient frustrating and stressful trying to get in touch with anyone that day. I hope that you will restore my faith in your company by this gesture of goodwill.

Regards