GetYourGuide / booking a tour of the alhambra in granada spain

1 Australia

I looked at a number of websites to book a tour of the Alhambra and chose GetYourGuide for a tour on the 16th November 2017. I used their website dropdown calendars etc to select the correct day. This was approximately 7 weeks prior to the tour. Two weeks before this tour I received an email from GetYourGuide stating that the tour had been cancelled because the Alhambra was closed on that day. Strange that I was able to book it on the website. They offered me the tour on the next day, however, I was due to catch a train at 6am the next day so I could not. We exchanged a number of emails but in the end they just said it had been cancelled. They did refund the money. The actual tour operator was Amigo Tours and I assume that they informed GetYourGuide.
We had already paid for our visit to the Alhambra so despite being told we had no tour (and therefore no possibility of getting tickets at this late stage) we went. It was towards the afternoon that we discovered that the Alhambra was basically free on the 16th November 2017 - ? Monuments Day. Now it would appear that both GetYourGuide and their associated tour company Amigo Tours was quite happy to make money out of travelers but seemingly tight lipped when it comes to doing the right thing. When it became obvious that we were not paying customers they should have said that admission to the Alhambra was free on the day we have booked. They would have made a friend for life, however, this incident shows the complete lack of regard for customers as displayed by GetYourGuide and Amigo Tours.
a) How could I book the Alhambra when it is usually not bookable on Monuments Day in Granada 16th November?
b) Why did it take 5 weeks for GetYourGuide to tell me my tour was cancelled?
c) Why didn't GetYourGuide or Amigo Tours tell me it was free on the only day we were visiting Granada?
Seems like some companies are dodgy

Te