[Resolved] Getahelpdesk.com By Getafreelancer.com / irresponsible dispute resolution by its staff

1 Box 784, SE-531 17Lidkoping, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: +46 510 28390

Not only there are many legit people who try to get their job done, but also there are a lot of scam artists running afoul at getafreelancer.com website.

I was scammed by one of those fraudsters, and getafreelancer.com will not do anything about it.

Their getahelpdesk.com system is supposed to protect honest people and be an impartial arbitrator to an issue between the parties.

However, its Staff often times leaves the dispute between fraudster and victim on their own to resolve the matter.

Obviously, a fraudster being fraudster never admits their wrong doings, and the victim is forced to deal with those frauds. As a result, the resolution is not going anywhere.

Asked for help by the victim, all the Staff at Getafreelancer.com can say is that

"Hello
If there's a dispute between you and your provider, you'll have to find an agreement with the other side. We do not act as a judge in case of disputes (see our terms).
GAF Support"

What is this?

I strongly suggest people not to use Getafreelancer.com unless they are willing to protect people from fraudsters.

• Resolution statement

• Hi there

We have a customer support email at:
    customer-support [at] getafreelancer.com

Suspended users can still log into the support system.

Our contact details are as follows for any further followup:

Freelancer.com

Australia

Email: legal [at] freelancer.com

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2009

GetAFreelancer offers dispute resolution services since November 22, 2008, which helps in such cases as yours. So if there's any problem over escrow payment which was made after this date, it can be resolved either mutually between service buyer and provider or by involving GetAFreelancer.

13th of Jul, 2009

Some people also control whether you get paid by saying something is "results based" if you can not confirm the results they simply to not pay. You may have worked and did everything just as they askes, but if they simply say that they did not get the results- you do not get paid.

In my case after posting a job there my account was mysteriously blocked. They said I had access to dispute resolution and could contact them .

However on attempting top contact them I kept getting back to needing to log in with a valid account! This was a catch 22, and I still do not know what I did wrong.

They are not just irresponsible, These guys appear to be insanely irresponsible, and negligent

• En
      22nd of Nov, 2009

I am presently having a problem with getafreelancer.com in that I transfered money from credit card (via moneybooker) to my account five days ago and have not been credited even though money was taken. I have now sent two tickets but have not received a reply. There is actually no way of contacting anyone at this website.