Gerhard's Appliances / Awful place

They advertised an incredible deal on an incredible TV. I rushed in to buy it. I was told I needed to buy it immediately because they only had one left. 3 days later I was told it was gone, but they would substitute a lesser model. The salesman was rude and arrogant from the time I entered the store. He makes used care salesmen look good. The owner is as arrogant as his sales force. I thought it would be good to buy from the local appliance store instead of the big box stores. I thought you'd get better service. I've been treated better in the large chain stores. I'll never set foot in their store again. I'd tell anyone to shop around in the bigger stores and let them match the prices. At least they'll stand behind their products and contracts. GERHARD'S BREAKS CONTRACTS, PLACES TEASER ADS, AND DOES THE OLD FASHIONED BAIT AND SWITCH!

Ge

Comments

• Mi
      17th of Aug, 2009

I'm confused by your post.

It says that you were told that if you wanted the TV, to buy immediately because they were going fast. Then, you WAITED THREE DAYS, and when you went back it was gone. BIG SURPRISE!! If you really wanted the TV, you should not have waited to buy it when it was on sale, and you were warned that they were selling quickly.

RUNNING OUT OF INVENTORY IS NOT A BAIT & SWITCH!

In my 6+ years of dealing (exclusively) with Gerhard's I have been nothing if not satisfied by their service and integrity. They are a small local business and it is in all of our best interests to patronize them.

• Ha
      19th of Aug, 2009

As an avid Gerhard's shopper I have to disagree with you. I have found to be true if they only have a certain amount of of a discounted item that runs out, they will do their best to substitute the item with something else. It may be a few dollars more but it is always better.

• Ge
      24th of Aug, 2009

From all of us at Gerhard's, we are terribly sorry for this inconvenience. However, I can assure you that this was by no means a 'bate and switch' tactic.

We've been in business for over 50 years, and it is because of our commitment to our customers that we have survived all this time. In that same spirit, we have recently established a new Customer Service Department, to ensure the highest level of communication and service for our valued customers.

Again, we apologize that you were not happy with your experience, but be assured that we had no intention of misleading you.

Best Wishes,

The Gerhard's Team

• Cw
      13th of Nov, 2009

Just drove to Gerhards for the first day of their "BIG SALE" event. The sales flyer they mailed out listed a selection of televisions that they never had. The salesman claimed the"other store" ran their sale a week sooner and sold all of the TV's...please. He tried to sell me a plasma LG...no thanks. I came for the Samsung LCD. Gerhards used to be an honest family business. What a disappointment.

• Qu
      22nd of Apr, 2010

Horrible experience with indifferent, or even argumentative sales people in Ardmore. Messed up order multiple times. Didn't tell me fridge was back ordered when i bought it. Only found out when other appliances were delivered. On next delivery dishwasher had big dent in it. They then had the nerve to ask me to sit around waiting on my third 3-4 hour delivery window. No thanks. Avoid these clowns.

• Do
      21st of Jun, 2010

I've dealt with Gerhard's in Doylestown and have had similar experiences. Also a supporter of local, small businesses I chose to make my major purchases here. Big mistake. Maybe purchasers of Wolf or Subzero brands get customer care, but I just got attitude. Wish I'd walked away and shopped the chains - at least they'd have returned my phone calls. Should have been a fun experience, instead it was like pulling teeth, me doing the work, begging for attention, for the privilege of purchasing a mere $8, 000 worth of appliances. No noble family business here - they're in it exclusively for the $$$$.

• Cu
      6th of Dec, 2010

I have had a horrible experience with Gerhard's this week. Their women in finance talked to me as if i had stolen the appliance from their store. Never shop at this store, you are better off going to Sears, Best Buy or anywhere else. They just cannot resolve any issues and don't regret any mistakes they have made.

• Ki
      16th of Sep, 2012
    gerhart appliance - no return policy on there web site
    Pennsylvania

were there contract policy or return policy can't find it on there web site

• Ad
      20th of Feb, 2013

This is probably the worst company I have ever dealt with. Please do yourself a favor and read the countless online reviews from people that had similar bad experiences. I ordered my appliances January 8 from a sales person named Zach Hessee (zman8611@gmail.com or zach@gerhardsappliance.com), who seemed nice at the time. Once my order was taken it was completely different. It took three calls just to get a receipt for the order I just placed. Here it is February 20 and I am supposedly getting my appliances tomorrow, which will be the now fourth “scheduled delivery time.” I have been calling and emailing to get information and I know my frustration has come across to them, because they did the easy thing and started ignoring me. I have left 7 messages that have not been returned and sent 15 emails, to which I have gotten two responses and none in the last 2 weeks. I know this may sound obsessive, but I renovate houses for a living and when you have a completely finished house that has to sit vacant for 2 weeks (and counting) due solely to missing appliances there are going to be several pissed off people. This is particularly true given that I ordered them four weeks before I needed them and was told it’s only a one-week lead time. It is obvious that the company’s philosophy is to pull customers in with cheap prices, but then once you’ve ordered it doesn’t matter. There is no return policy, seriously I have checked and been told that.