General Revenue Corporation / Terrible experience
I know these people are contacting me about defaulted student loans. I cannot pay them. I called Sallie Mae to negotiate payment, pointing out that I have no contract with anyone but them. After several calls from GRC--whose employees were interested more in bully tactics than in conversation--I sent a letter via Certified Mail demanding no further telephone contact, and that any further communication be only in writing.
The letter was acknowledged, and the calls continued. I then contacted the Attorney General where I live. According to him, GRC denied all. The calls did stop, however--and I never did get the written communication I'd requested. Now the calls are starting again. No message left; just air if I answer). I AM willing see what we can negotiate. I've read from various sources that they have been successfully sued for ignoring requests to stop calling (and failure to follow up in writing); elsewhere I've read that suing them is futile.
If I were to sue them, it would not be for money; it would be to get them to comply with the law (although I could use the settlement to make them an offer..!).
Not sure what to do at this point. They ignore Certified Mail; they lie to the SAG.
More General Revenue Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- General Revenue Corp. (GRC) - Harassment / malpractice 
- General Revenue Corporation - Debt Collections 
- General Revenue Corporation - unfair student loan programs 
- GRC-General Revenue Corp. - Harrassment 
- General Revenue Corporation - Beware 
- General Revenue Corporation - phone harassment
- General Revenue Corporation - Phone Harassment
- General Revenue Corp (GRC) - dishonest, abuse of phone, calls all hours at work and home after they were told not to 
- General Revenue Corporation - Ruined my ego 
- General Revenue Corporation - Harassment