GEMB / late posting of payments

GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 770-965-8149
For the last several months GEMB have given me a call to let me know that my payment was late. The only problem is I paid it 10 days earlier. GEMB has a very bad habit of taking as much as 18 days from the day it's been mailed to post a payment. Then when I call to complain the only help that I get is that I need to make the payment sooner and they process the payments the day they get them. They also suggested that I call and they will take the payment over the phone for a $10.00 fee starting in May. Yeah more money pissed away! Does anyone have a phone number or a contact that will actually do something or is this just how they do business. I am stuck with the boat loan because if I refinance it's used and it will be at a higher rate.

Comments

La
  4th of Nov, 2008
NOT CORRECTLY POSTING PAYMENTS RECEIVED VIOLATES THE FAIR CREDIT BILLING ACT.

File formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision
Di
  18th of Nov, 2008
I will give you the number I found. 1-800-333-1071. This is a strange company. We joined KIS country club and golf academy and they immediately got us credit from this company, now KIS is going bankrupt. We are arguing to get our money back.
Good Luck