Geisinger Health System / wait time for a sick toddler - ressler center shamokin, pa

Yesterday, I was able to secure a 3:40p.m. follow-up appointment for my toddler (who has been sick for weeks.) As a full time employee of the Commonwealth, I had to take MY time off of work (which ends at 4:30 p.m.) to take him. After sitting with a sick and crabby toddler in a hospital room for over an hour, I left. I am with a sick toddler so that in and of itself should tell you something. There are no rooms/toys available for toddlers to play so I attempted to keep him entertained. At no time did any nurse or doctor come in to explain why I was waiting or even check on him. If this has to do with overbooking, that is on the hospital staff - not me. I can tell you this, I will be requesting my family's medical records so we can go elsewhere. This isn't the first time this has happened. We've been going there for years and all of our insurance/updated information is on file so for over an hour I was tasked with chasing my crying and antsy toddler around a hospital room. I am extremely upset that I had to take my earned time off of work for my son to not even be seen. Come on, Geisinger.

Da