Geico Insurance Co. / double billed

Toledo, OH, US Review updated:

My husbnd chose Geico for his auto insurance after checking around to only 3 other places, they had the lowest quote. He paid the down payment and was set up on the "auto deduct" program in order to have it deducted from his checking account every month! I know my husband when it comes to bills and he does not keep track of his payments as well as he should, so I told him to call Geico and opt out of "auto deduct" I will take over and make sure that his bills are paid on time every month along with mine! When he called to cancel auto deduct the rep. told him ok and cancelled it! Mind you this is 3 weeks before his next payment is due. About, 3/weeks later he gets a email from Geico stating that his policy was cancelled due to "non payment" when he called to ask them why, they told him that his policy was good until the 10th of the following month but because he cancelled "auto deduct" he will have to pay them the $104 on the 10th and another $104 on the 15th..when he asked them "why" do I have to pay double they informed him that his cancelling "auto deduct" created a cushion for them in case he missed a payment. (ummmm if he didnt miss a payment, would he get his money back?" NO!!! If thats the case they should have informed him of that when he was quoted or when he called to cancel auto deduct! You can't be trusted when you start out with shady practices! He also asked them why didnt they tell him that when he called to cancel and the rep told him "I don't know sir, I'm not the one who set the policy up" WOW! Geico can kiss my $#%^&$%R$!!!

Ka

Comments

• Re
      Jan 24, 2013

WOW SAME HERE. I CALLED LAST YEAR TO CANCEL THE POLICY AND AUTO DEDUCT AND THEY DID NOT. SO THIS IS HOW THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY BY NOT CANCELLING!!!

ITS 2013 AND THEY ARE STILL DOING THIS!!!