Geico / rip off

1 United States

Geico is a rip-off. I had an accident in 2007/08. A fender bender that I was not ticketed at fault for. Geico decided I was at fault so they paid the claim and added an $83 surcharge every 6 months ($498 over the course). Claim wasn't even $400. Another fender bender, other persons fault. Sheriff had us exchange info - no tickets. I let Geico know what happened. Next thing I know, no notice - they pay a $600 claim (for a scuff mark!!) to this person. When I call them they say they decide who is at fault and it sounded like I was... WTH!? So now I have a $113 surcharge per 6mth. Here's the kicker. My insurance with the $83 surcharge was $655 in 11/09. With the $113 surcharge+ lapse fees $798 in Jan. Lapse fee and NO surcharge $850 and now renew with $113 surcharge is over $1000. My insurance before the surcharge was only $500. So with a $113 surcharge = $613 not 1100... Back when my husband had an SSR22 and it was over with I called them to adjust the insurance rate = they flat out lied and said it hadn't added anything to the insurance. I had to switch companies for them to fix it. They're trained to lie and raise rates every chance possible. Even when we moved from 1 street to another in the same town it went up, got a "revision" quote to move back and yep raised it instead of going back to the rate it was. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Le