GE Money Bank-Yamaha Installment Financing / Unauthorized ACH Transaction, fraud, vioalation of fair credit reporting act

United States, California, Atlanta GA Review updated:
GE Money Bank
P.O. Box 530912
Atlanta GA
Phone: 1-877-314-1507
In a nut shell I made my Ferbruary 2009 monthly payment over the phone and by accident gave GE Money Bank my daughters business acoount instead of her personal bank account to make the payment. We discovered the mistake within an hour from making the payment over phone and called customer service to cancel the payment and re-route the payment from her business checking account to her personal checking acccount. We asked that the representative email my daughter a the transaction showing the credit and debit on the account. A day or two went by and no email was received, however to my daughters surprise she received a NSF statement from her bank that showed that GE Bank did not reverse the monthly payment for 410.76 but in fact tried to pay off the entire balance of the account in the amount 43310.82. Very upset, we brought this to their attention and asked how such a thing could happen. The representative was equallt confused and said that they were not authorized to take any payment over 19, oooK for any reason. We were assured that the account had been noted of this huge mistake and 6 days later they tried to payof the loan again from the same business account that was given to them in error. I can assure you that if they so much as threaten my daughter or myself with closure of the account or demand in anyway that I have defaulted on the account, the next communication you see will be the filing of a lawsuit against the employees that took the payments as well as all of the managers, staff, etc that were involved in their fraudulent acts and/behavior. SEE YOU IN COURT!!!

A  12th of Oct, 2009 by
GE Money Bank is the most arrogant incosiderate institution I have ever delt with. They use VOIP services that show up on caller ID as "Unavailable". I believe this to be their way of cirumventing the law limiting the amount of calls they can make by law to collect on an allegedly overdue bill. I began recieiving calls from GE Money from around 9 months ago. Each time the number displayed on my caller ID as unavailable. I usually do not answer calls of this sort but one night around 12:30am, I answerd te phone without looking at the caller ID. It was GE Money Bank. While still half asleep, I was asked my name, social security number and asked to verify my GE Money account number. At his point, I glanced at my caller ID and saw "Unavailable". So my response was "You called me, You tell me my account number and social security number and give me your name and legit phone number that I can call you right back at to verify who I am speaking with". She gave me a number and I returned the call. It turned out that the number was legit but they had my account mixed up by error with some one elses account. And they wanted my Social Security Number? The error never got fixed I have been getting many harrasing and threating calls fro GE Money for months at all hours of the day and night including Christmas and Thanksgiving mostly from "Unavailable" numbers. Two months ago, at my Aunt's funeral, I had my phone on vibrate. During the tearful event, I tried to ignore it but couldn't because I was expecting a call from a relative who was arriving from an airport and needed driving directions. I excused myself and went to the men's room my phone buzzed again as I walked down the hallway. When I answerd the phone thinking it was my relative, I was wrong, It was GE Money Bank again from you guessed it an "Unavailable number" . Very emotional from my loss of my close family member, I explained that I was at a funeral (while choking back tears). The person said "this will only take a few minutes we are calling about your overdue account". I reminded this ignorant person that I was in the middle of a funeral paying my last respects to a loved one. She once again persistent with "this will only take a few minutes." I broke down crying and hung up. The times after that when they called, that I did persist and demanded a legit phone number to call back, I sometimes got one, but not always. I highly reccomend not doing buisness with anyone who asks of you personal sensitive information while calling from an "Unavailable" number. Since the VOIP (Voice over IP) systems they frequently use, can be traced by the phone company to the originating IP address althought they don't like to admit this or be bothered by it. They won't. Maybe writing to some politicians can lead to legislation to stop this method of harrasment and circumventing the law. For what it's worth here are some GE Money Phone numbers that I managed to get them to give me by refusing to to do buisness with anyone calling from an "Unavailable" number. This may also help to stop attempts of Identity theft. The GE Money Bank Numbers I got are as follows:
(937) 534-2066, (480) 707-4062, (949) 892-4973, (866) 405-9644, (877) 314-1507.
By they way My payments are still up to date, and they have not corrected the error and I am still plagued by ther harrsing calls. I will never do buisness with them again.

Ready to sue.
A  25th of Jun, 2010 by
I completely agree. We called today to payoff our motorcycle. Okay so we owe 14 payments of 212.52 which equals 2975.28, but they are telling us if we pay it off as of the 17th of July it will be 4876.21. Now, my husband argued with the rep for about an hour trying to get them to explain why there was a difference of 1900.00 to pay it off early, never did get a response except that he is not adding in the interest, but he also told us we have a simple loan! So, they are CROOKS!!! I would not suggest to anybody to use them for any type of credit!!!
A  3rd of Jul, 2010 by
My husband also called for the pay off amount and was told that the Principal Loan Balance on the statement is the pay off, plus $250 for admin fees. Yep, they're CROOKS all right.
N  1st of Dec, 2010 by
I suggest everyone who has had bad dealings or can't get information from GE Money Bank file complaints. I call the FTC (Federal Trade Commission at (877) 382-4357 today and filed a complaint. I was told that if they receive numerous complaints that they will launch a full investigate into the complany. The gentleman also suggested filing a complaint with the State Attorney Generals Office. All I want to do if pay off my motorcycle, but the account number on all my records are invalid according to the website and automated phone system. Hope this helps.
Disgruntled in Texas
N  8th of Feb, 2011 by
G.E. Money Bank : Please take my advice, Investigate who you financing with, especially pleasure craft and credit cards. If G.E. Money bank is behind the financing, Run, run like you've never ran before !They are crooks !
A  29th of Mar, 2011 by
I have been with GEMB lending for nearly four years now. I never had a late payment. They, for whatever reason, call me if it doesn't reach them by a certain date. I just hang up on them now. Just so it's clear, I live in So. California and I have to mail the payment to Florida. The payoff location is here in Costa Mesa, CA but I can't make a payment there. Three years ago I requested for an internet payment option, they state each time, they're working on it. I'M STILL WAITING!! I have had several car loans, motorcycle loans, which thankfully were not with them. Once the RV is paid off, and on any future loans, I will request who the lender is in advance just so there are no surprises
A  16th of Apr, 2011 by
I have had similar experiences with GEMB. I am seeking ways to transfer the loan to another lending institution...EVEN IF IT IS A LESS FAVORABLE RATE. I am also unable to pay online for one loan, but the other loan I have with them I can pay online. Whatever their excuse, it is B.S. In the end, the goal is to make it as difficult as possible for the borrower to make a timely payment, as mentioned above. I have copied all of the phone numbers into my cell phone so I know if they are going to call me. As a matter of fact, I am not even late on this month's payment, so why are they already calling me? I'm sure it's a 'courtesy call' from a phone bank in Kraplakistan. I have PrePaid Legal Services and will be contacting my attorney. Good luck to all!
N  13th of May, 2011 by
GEMB is the worst institute i have ever delt with. On multiple occasions i have may my payment over the phone (since they don't offer a online payment which they keep saying they are working on) and later i get a phone call stating i have not made my payment when infact i have (with a $10.00 fee everytime over the phone) and then they charge me a extra $40.00 for being late. Shame on me for not writing down the confirmation # after my payments. But now i make a habit to write it down so those crooks can't get me anymore. ALL AROUND BAD SERVICE. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY ARE STILL AROUND. I WILL NEVER FINANCE WITH THEM AGAIN!!!
A  19th of May, 2011 by
This is my first time dealing with GEMB and I HATE THEM. I've only ever received statements the first two months of my motorcycle loan. I have never received a statement after that. I can't pay my balance online so I have to use the automated phone service and I get charged an extra $10 dollars a month. I've sent my payment thru the mail to the PO Box listed on their automative service and they never get them. More Late Fines for that. I WILL NEVER EVER DEAL WITH GEMB AGAIN!!!
N  1st of Jun, 2011 by
my payment are coming late form my yamaha bill
N  1st of Jun, 2011 by
i want to know how to make a payment here
A  14th of Jun, 2011 by
how to makepayments here
D  14th of Jun, 2011 by
im new at this
N  18th of Sep, 2011 by
All the people are 100 % correct, these people a ge money are dirt bags, they are always right and you are some kind of IDIOT, you can't even make a payment on line, now with the post office saying it will take longer to get your mail to its destination we are really going to be screwed, everyone needs to call the FTC 1-877-382-4357 and complain, flood the FTC with calls and maybe some young upstart will take notice...gt3
A  18th of Sep, 2011 by
All of these people are 100 % correct, we have all been screwed by the dirt bags at ge money all I can say is call the FTC and complain, they run the business like a third world country, if they don't receive the payment on the due date they start calling..
call the FTC 1-877-382-4357 gt3
A  21st of Nov, 2011 by
I have the same complaint, I sent out my payment 7 days before the due date, but because of Veteran's Day, it was ONE day late and I get a charged a $40.00 late fee. I asked how is that even possible when it shows it was sent out on time and she replied that "the payment is due that day and they do not go by post marked dates." I asked where in the contract I signed it says they do not go by the date it was sent out and she told me it does not state that in the contract and that they don't have to put it in there because it states it's due that date. I told her I sent the payment a day after I received the bill and she stated that they send the bill out 20 days before the due date but a minute later stated that it takes 7-10 days for the the usps to deliver. So seeing as though I live in CA and they are in FL, it could take 10 days for me to get it, and seeing as though I work I can't send the bill out until at least the next day so it takes another 10 days to get there and walla, it's late, another $40.00... best part is she tells me to pay over the phone and I will only incur a $10.00 processing fee rather then get a late fee. $10.00 for an automated system to take a payment, that is highway robbery to me. Something needs to be done about this company. I told them they should really put in there contract that the postmarked date doesn't matter because a good enough lawyer could make a huge class action lawsuit against them for this.
A  16th of Dec, 2011 by
I am refinancing. It's taken me two months to get completely fed up. I'll get better interest rates, a grace period better than GE (it's not hard to beat a zero day grace period and a 40$ charge per day), and online bill payment! Everything I've read on the Internet is all completely negative about these people, and I refuse to continue paying interest to them. I'd rather a higher interest rate than deal with this. Good riddance.
A  8th of Aug, 2012 by
GE Capital is a joke. No online payment!!! It is 2012 isn't it. My only option now is a 10 dollar phone fee or 40 dollar late fee. I will never deal with GE Crapital again.
A  19th of Oct, 2012 by
I have to wonder how much we (the taxpayer) get hosed by GE because of all the business the government does with them?
N  11th of Mar, 2013 by
We called to pay off our loan and was told 27 late
Fee where added to the loan in which we paid
On time and with western union and called each
Time with the payment number never called no paper
Came to our home for the late fees I am contacting the
BBB and FTC and everyone else I can find this needs
To stop and this company needs to be in the court
Of law to be put out of business this is my stand
Every call the FTC in let's get this company to pay
Us back all what's due and let them be fine

GE Money Bank Logo GE Money Bank