GE Money Bank / Using My Cell Phone for Communications

1 Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

I got a PayPal Plus credit card some time back through GE Money Bank, because PayPal would not allow me to use the Visa credit card I share with my wife. I have used it twice for small eBay Purchases. Yesterday I received an email from GE Money Bank stating that they and their business partners will begin using my cell phone for future communications, and that keeping the account after March 15th constitutes my agreement to these terms. Basically they can run up my cell phone charges for their benefit and sales pitches.

I am in the process of closing this account, and sent a copy of their email to our Indiana Attorney General. I am not sure that this is legal. It certainly is not ethical. They could start bombarding my cell phone with hundreds of calls and thousands of text messages, and I would have to pay for it.

Cw

Comments

• El
      8th of Mar, 2009

###. All you have to do is call them (from your home phone #) and tell them you do not wish for them to call on your cell and to remove your #. Dont make things harder than they are.