Gainsaver / Bad service

DO NOT TRUST GAINSAVER.com
These people are rude, dismissive, ignored the fact they tried to unload a damaged and defective computer on me. They threatened sending a collection agency after me, should I after i suggested that my pursuing a refund could be assisted by my bank (B of A). I suggest considering another alternative to finding a inexpensive used macintosh. If you do buy anything from them—get ready, once they have your money, they turn into jerks — all they seem to care about is getting you off the phone when you call. Hope this helps someone else out of a lot of stress and wasted money and time. Do a google search on GainSaver — I wish i did that before trying them. Yikes.

Ad

Comments

• Ia
      5th of Jan, 2009

My case is similar to many of the customers' cases described here: I received a non-functional device and the merchant refuses to refund shipping fees ($45 total). Looks like this is their business model: they ship a number of non-functional devices to the customers, customers return them, but GainSaver doesn't refund shipping and so on, so they make money on shipping.

Plus, they charge extra for alledgedly installing additional parts which turn out to be built-in by the factory such as Airport Extreme wireless card (they charge $29.00 for "installing" it on Mac mini, however according to Apple it's already built-in).