FTD.com — poor value and poor customer service
I was very disappointed in the flowers ordered from FTD that my wife received in the hospital. I ordered an "upgraded" version of a basic "Big Hug Bouquet", raising the price from $39.99 to $59.99 (plus tax and S&H).
What she got was what I consider no upgrade whatsoever. We received a small (13 inches in height) bouquet with a clear glass vase (not the opaque china like one represented on the site). It was an attractive bouquet, but one I could have purchased at my local supermarket for $15. My total cost was $80. People who have seen the arrangement were stunned to learn it cost so much.
A complaint to FTD went unresolved. They requested a refund from the florist, "The Flower Place" of Sarasota, FL. They declined to provide one, saying they had used "expensive flowers".
Don't take my word for it. See for yourself and decide. I created a site to show the actual bouquet:
http://www.crappyflowers.com (You may need to copy and paste that link into your browser)
On that page I show the FTD representation of the BASIC bouquet, and the ACTUAL UPGRADED one we got.
I recognize that FTD uses local florists, but I bought from FTD, and I expect FTD to resolve the issue. I will not use FTD again, and would never recommend them to anyone else. They apparently will not back there products. How could I ever be sure that flowers I send across the country are what they are supposed to be?
More FTD.com Complaints & Reviews
- FTD.com - ftd.com refused to deliver flowers! 
- FTD - gold membership ripoff +little attention to order date details 
- FTD Florist Online - no delivery, no refunds 
- FTD Flowers - scam and cheating 
- FTD - ugly flowers 
- FTD Florist Online - bad customer service - no follow-up 
- FTD Florist Online - don't order from them 
- FTD Flowers.com - false advertising/no accountability 
- FTD - hidden and outrageous delivery fee 
- FTD Florist - flowers ordered for funeral