Frontier Communications / ripping off customers!

I used to have phone and internet with this company when I moved I had my services turned off and asked to have a ket sent to me so that I could return the modem that I had but nothing ever came so I called back and asked agene but nothing came but a bill for $99.00 I called agene and was told that they would get the box right out to me but it has never came so I sent the motem to my mom and had her return it to them and they are still trying to bill me for it so I have called and they said that yes they have the motem and now here I am getting another bill for $179.00 I think that they are trying to rip off the customers. they don't know what they are doing they have a lot of stupid people working there.

A  11th of Jan, 2008 by
I am in totol agreement here. This company could no longer supply me with service because I purchased a house outside of there service area. They told me because they could not supply me with service, that I had no problem paying, I had to pay them 300 dollars. Frontier breaks the contract but I have to pay for that. AWFUL COMPANY. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
D  15th of Feb, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -5 Votes
Frontier breaking the contract? Werent you the one who moved? Frontier Im sure was willing to provide you service but you left. Frontier has worked with my on modem fees and promotional discounts. I have never had a bad experience with frontier. sorry u all have.
N  30th of Apr, 2008 by
This company has the worst customer service I have seen in along time. I have been using their online billing and what a nightmare. They have taken funds out of my account twice for March's bill and twice for April's bill. I have called them so many times. They continue to take funds even though I have canceled the online service. They don't know why it is happening and pretty much say too bad. They will mail me a check but that will take at least a month. In the mean time I am out the money. I am so scared they will continue to take more. I have never talked to such ignorant people. If I could I would get rid of everything with them. I don't think there is another service where I live but I will be looking.
N  10th of May, 2008 by
I have frontier, has it is my only choice for phone service. I must read my phone bill every month as they seem to add things and hope I will not notice. The lastest new addition is for Security software. I never order this software, never used this software, it just appeared on my bill. I spoke with tech services, they said to call customer service to have the charges removed. They are NOT open on the wekends, so now I will have to go to work and try to call them on my break. The only reason I have them is due to having an internet service. Last year at this time, when my contract was up, the customer service guy siad if I didn't renew, I might have to wait in line to get hook up again. I stated lauhing so hard I had to put down the phone for a sec. I think I am now ready to switch over to comcast. Frontier has no idea about cosumer service. Al they relly care about is how to get the most money out of your wallet.
D  21st of Jun, 2008 by
When a modem is not returned, Frontier will go ahead and remove the 100.00 modem return fee. whether they got it or not, but you do have to call. There were issues with billing during the months of March and April due to a conversion nationwide to a new billing system. Cust service reps worked overtime to resolve the issues with customers. It is always a good idea to read EVERY bill you get from EVERY public utilitiy company. Make sure to watch for extra items on your phone bill from companies such as ILD teleservices and such as the FCC requires all phone companies to bill for them if someone has enetered into an agreement with a company to be billed on their phone bill. (such as 'no credit card necessary' internet and such) Some of those companies do get you to agree without you actually knowing you have...so be careful what you write your phone # on or call your phone company and ask them to put a third party billing block on your account.
N  11th of Nov, 2008 by
I am a previous Frontier Customer Rep and I am sorry to hear so many had a bad experience. But not all of us Reps are stupid and do try to do what WE can to help our customer. There are times our hands are tied and do not have the resourses to take care of a issue right then and there but have to rely on another department to go further with it.

I went through that conversion and let me tell you..it was pure hell and I hated the frustrations it was causing my customers as well as for me. But there are Reps with that company who do care about our customers and do all that they can to solve any issues you may have.
N  21st of Nov, 2008 by
I wish that Frontier customers could understand that Frontier doesn't treat their representatives right either. I completely agree with the person above, I am also a previous employee, I got out of the job quick because it is up to other departments to get those forms to the customer and a lot of the time these other departments don't do their job and the representatives that actually speak to the customers are blamed. The whole company is bogus. They don't treat their employees right when it comes to attendance and refuse to accept doctors notes and just as they lied to me as an employer they lie to the customers as well. Maybe customers should understand that many of the representatives in the front line are doing the best they can for their customers and totally agree that the way the customer is treated is wrong. But what can the representative really do to change a company that in itself is out for money and will go to any lengths to get it, running over whoever they can to get to it.
A  21st of Dec, 2008 by
I made the mistake of calling to see if they were running any specials and they told me i could have unlimited long distance and my dsl for the same price i was paying $68.00. My first bill was $127.00 They fixed it then it came to $81.00 They would not fix it they told me prices went up when I told them I wanted to go back to no long distance they told me there was a surcharge and my friend who canceled them surcharged her $600.00
N  8th of Nov, 2010 by
These idiots over at frontier just cost me a $30 stop payment charge on a $27 phone bill.
Frontier bought out my Verizon land line phone service a couple months back and have already lost one of my mailed in payments. So I got double billed for this month billing. After a heated phone call I was instructed to pay for both months and contact my bank about a stop payment on the lost check. So I wrote a new check and put everything in the envelope when I noticed that only the word Frontier was showing through their address window in their envelope. Both the PO and Address lines were being hidden in the envelope. ...Ding Ding Ding !
I think I just found out why my early check never made it to their mailing address last month.
This would not be to much of a problem with most postal carriers however there are a large percentage of USPS workers who could not pour a yellow colored liquid out of a rubber boot even if the instructions were printed on the heal.
You might think that huge company might measure their return billing paperwork and the window in their envelope...like I said before, they are idiots and you can not even be trusted to make their bill fit in their envelope.
N  23rd of Dec, 2010 by
Frontier bought-out Verizon. I bought "a $69 month bundle" for internet and phone. My bill has been $189 month every month for a year. $120 more a month than their "bundle" In a years time because I keep paying or they will disconect and damage my credit. Verizon/Frontier THEFT of myself $1, 340
A  26th of May, 2011 by
My internet bill has gone up TWICE in 18 months..When I called about it the other day.. I was told by 'Angela', "I will be happy to add more on your bill...then it will be more you have to pay!" I cannot believe the type of people they have talking to customers... I have 6 months left on my contract.. I may just pay the disconnect early fee! It is worth it!!
A  12th of Jul, 2011 by
I am going to speak with a Lawyer on base. Frontier is guity of fraud. They told me my bundle with Direct TV would only cost 65 then 45 dollars a month. Each of my bills has been over 125. Every Rep I speak with has a different story. I am searching the internet for class action lawsuits against them. If I find anything or start one I will post on this web site. They do not have any consistency across their departments and no communication set up. They are not living up to their sales contracts and therefore breaking their contract with us. They also told me I would get 20 then 15 MBS download and I have been lucky just to get 6.
N  31st of Aug, 2011 by
Frontier Communications operates within a self-created culture of lying and mismanagement. When they bought out Verizon, their CEO assured the local cable regulatory commission that Frontier would continue to provide their customers with the same level of service that Verizon had provided. That was an intentional lie or a promise that was conveniently left lying by the wayside in the company's quest for profits and its disdain for treating customers fairly. Frontier has already begun opting to decide to not renew video service for communities in the "outlying areas" of urban/rural counties. The cable regulatory commission's spokesperson has indicated in press conferences that Frontier has clearly signaled that its "end game" is to dump its video customers over to Direct TV. I spoke to a Frontier technician who was doing work in our neighborhood about the likelyhood of being dumped as a video customer. He indicated that the technicians had been called into a "training" meeting to hear a presentation about how wonderful Direct TV was going to be for the customers who would no longer be allowed to buy video services from Frontier in 2012.

I allowed myself to be convinced that the best move would be to switch from Frontier to its primary competitor in the area, Comcast. I believe that I have made a move that is only a miniscule improvement over the treatment I got from Frontier. A Comcast salesman reassured me that, in his experience, Frontier does not charge an "early termination fee" for customers who opt out of their service packages. Well, I was lied to by another cable company representative; Frontier did indeed charge an early termination fee. However, I believe that I am marginally better off dealing with a "mainstream" video provider like Comcast. At least I feel there is reason to believe that Comcast sees cable TV as the core of their business and has no agenda to dump customers. I toyed with the idea of simply "caving in" and signing up for Direct TV. However, one member of the household wants to continue to get the "Comcast Sports Net" that provides complete coverage of the local universities' games. I checked and found that Direct TV does not provide that service as any kind of option in any package. I am beginning to understand why a significant portion of the customer base (more than 10% as of current reports) has optioned out of cable TV altogether in favor of the expanding role of streaming video ala Netflix and HuLu +.
N  27th of Jun, 2013 by
i recently have changed to frontier mainly for the "high speed" internet service.From the time it was switched I have had nothing but trouble with my internet.Two times I have had someone come to fix the problem and it still has'nt made a difference.If you are paying for high speed shoud'nt that be what you get?I not only cannot look up things but I am a hidden object game freak and now I am not able to download or play that the computer does'nt freeze up and shut down.I can't say that the customer service was horrible because they was'nt, ( atleast not to me).But...the internet I can definately say has not been acceptable!
A  29th of Dec, 2015 by
I only had Frontier for less than a month and had 3 problems with them. My router was delivered and didn't work. I called support and was told there was a problem. The tech that came out the first time didn't do nothing. I had to wait 5 days for another tech to come out. That tech advised me that if the first tech didn't come inside (which he didn't) my internet would never of worked, So then Frontier tried to charge me for the five days I was without internet. For less than a month it has been on problem after another. I am going to cancel Frontier and would not recommend this company to anyone!
A  6th of Sep, 2016 by
I have NEVER had a company deceive, cheat and scam me like Frontier. I was promised a lower bill by bundling my Dish and switching to their company, and they promised no contract. What an idiot I am for not getting it in writing, because not only did my bill go WAY up, but they now tell me I am in a two year contract! If anyone out there is wanting to start a class action suit, sign me up.
N  2nd of Feb, 2017 by
360-651-1799-100915-5 5222 rccollins@outlook.com

To Manager and CEO of Frontier. 2/2/2017 Tues AM

My wife Helen I Ron Collins have had Frontier service for 3 years, but the last year every month our invoice amount changes$
It should be and was told $135.00 per month. Why does it keep changing??
85% sales calls on this number-360-6511799 that Frontier gave us. No need for this phone and all the taxes that go with it!
basic cable and internet is all that we require. I am ready to switch to Comcast and depending on your response will let this country know about
your corrupt billing business- ASAP. The negative word really travels fast these days.
N  4th of Oct, 2017 by
If you have a problem with a charge that you feel in unjust, contact your state attorney general. They will help you.
N  3rd of Jan, 2018 by
worst company I have ever dealt with. Looks like the comments by prior employees even say their company lies and sucks. Every person I talk with that has Frontier says they SUCK. WHERE IS THE FCC. Fine this company. Spent 1 1/2 hours with customer service to cancel service and they dropped my connection. What a rip off company. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT...PLEASE!

Frontier Communications Logo Frontier Communications