[Resolved] Freelancer.com / scam via account suspension

Australia Review updated:

Scam indeed! My account is suspended. I've lost $800 that I've earned hard working on Freelancer.com every single day for a month and a half! Now nobody relies to my ticket, those online "supporters" ask me to wait, and no one is doing anything! How will I survive with no money? How will I maintain my family with no money? A fat lot they care!!!

• Resolution statement

• Linusfromfreelancer.com's Response, Jul 15, 2013

Hi Arcanus,

This is Linus of Freelancer.com. We would like to address your claim and how you came about the theory. Let me explain that our site comprises of real users, both Employers and Freelancers. Thus, we do not condone bots or any use of it. If you have any evidence of your claim, you can always contact us to provide.

Furthermore, we do address legitimate concerns from site users quickly and effectively, but the truth is that a good number of the people complaining about being scammed by our site turn out to be con artists and frauds themselves:

If you need assistance, you can send an email to [protected]@freelancer.com including your username and ask to be transferred to me so I can handle it personally.

Kind regards,
    Linus C.

Comments

•   Jan 12, 2011

We appreciate your feedback about freelancer.com

Please note that we do not respond to customer issues on public forums. If you would like to contact us directly our Support Team are available 24/7 here or email [protected]@freelancer.com.

If your complaint is regarding a legal or compliance issue you can email [protected]@freelancer.com or write to us at PO Box 1121, Double Bay NSW 1360, AUSTRALIA.

Freelancer.com is the world's largest global outsourcing platform with over two million registered users. We value feedback from our users and would like to take the opportunity to improve wherever we can.

Kind Regards
    Freelancer Support Team

• Be
      Jan 18, 2011
    Best Best Advice

I'm in a similar position, Freelancer.com has stolen my money. I posted a job on freelancer.com. The winning bidder tried to do the job, but he could not, so he told me he is refunding the money. He sent me a screen shot showing that he made the refund, but Freelancer is not processing the refund. The bidder does not have the money anymore, Freelancer.com has the money, but will not send it on to me (as the bidder requested). When I complained, they suspended my account. The support people do not answer tickets and live support keeps getting turned off by them (the site will suddenly say live support is unavailable) as soon as I ask what is going on. When I asked them for their legal department, they said they do not have one. When I asked to communicate with a manager (to get this issue fixed), they said they don't have any managers. When I asked for the support department email, to create a ticket, they gave me a fake email, and my email message to support (requesting a ticket be opened) just bounced. Bottom line, the bidder does not have my money, I don't have my money, Freelancer.com does have my money. They are not willing to communicate properly to fix this issue. In my opinion they are thieves, and I think they are stealing people's money with intent. They give Australia and Singapore a very bad name.

Note to Freelancer.com, if you say that "...Please note that we do not respond to customer issues on public forums...", which I see posted throughout this site and others, then why are you posting? These posts are a response, albeit a "canned response" nonetheless. And the nature of these responses also demonstrate your lack of interest and indifference to your alleged theft and or other alleged actions - Particularly when your own support team claims there is no legal department (for Freelancer).

• Ar
      Jan 28, 2011

I deposited $2000 via Moneybookers and after that freelancer has suspended my account. My new account not starting any project!
    I have sent them my passport, they ask for a color copy, The next day I sent my certified copy of passport,
    They ask for 'unedited' copy. We are a legal company, If they really want to do a verification why didn't they contact Moneybookers, Our company have gain a merchant status at moneybookers which require many paperwork. Their support is an auto-responder copy and paste cat, They will keep ask you the same documents until you gave up your money and they laugh at you in front of a shady office.

Finally an insider working in the company told us that they get paid for each suspended account. They pick account with high balance so nobody get notice about that, Will you be the next target?

Other Victim:
    /URL removed/ a joke? Read other victim case :

•   Feb 03, 2011

We appreciate your feedback about Freelancer.com

Kind Regards,
    Freelancer Support Team

• Da
      Feb 11, 2011

I will also say that I have had the same experiences.

I am a reputable business man and treated like a criminal. Sent 3 verifications of pictures holding up a photo after paypal reversed a withdrawl after it appeared after I had deposited on freelancer (which I think was through freelancer, it happened just after I made a deposit there..).

I keep getting the same run around. Send a photo etc... chat won't help me. So all I can say is don't use Freelancer.com and I will begin to send this around the universe. This is no way to deal with a legit customer.

David

• Mi
      Feb 13, 2011

Freelancer.com is the world's largest global SCAM SITE. I have already told my story at http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=135356

• Mi
      Feb 13, 2011

Freelancer.com is SCAM! Read my story at https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/freelancercom-c419989.html

• Fr
      Feb 28, 2011

I just had the same exact thing happen to me this weekend. $900 in my account, and right when the money was scheduled to be withdrawn to my PayPal account, they suspended my account. What's the chances I'm going to get my money from these crooks? Something really needs to be done about this. Their support is absolutely WORTHLESS.

• Ni
      Mar 11, 2011

We would like to take your kind support and help in exposing off one of the biggest scam and fraud company with the name Freelancer.com Run by Matt Barrie who is the so called CEO of the company.
    The company has always been in the news and press for providing one of the best platform for outsourcing but after surveying and searching the internet for past 2 months and after having a personal bitter experience with the company and a long discussion with their CEO we would like to state that the company is nothing but merely a HUB of scams and fraud. This company is not only doing internet frauds and scams but also spoiling the name of the country in which it is registered.
    We registered as a service provider on the website 2 months back and won lot of projects online, our clients created milestone payments for us using their paypal accounts and all of a sudden company blocked our account without any reasons.
    They asked for verification documents in such a manner that we got furios for the issue. The company asked us not to cross mark anything on the documents and also asked the owner of the company to send their passport and a verification code in both the hands and send them the pictures. This kind of verification made us quite suspect along with their statement that we must not darken or blurt or put any cross mark for our safety on the documents.
    When searching on the internet we also found out that this company use to steal the identity of people and rip off them for their money. They use the id proof and documents of their site users for scams and frauds which involve money.
    They Also usually suspend the accounts of the users when they are about to withdraw the money for their hardwork which they have done online. Apart then this company also suspends the accounts of the users who have some money in their accounts in the form of milestone payments and then mentally harass them to send multiple documents and never reinstate their accounts.
    They also never refund the payments back to the project owners who had made the payments for the freelancer and neither they withdraw the money to freelancers. This way the company is running a huge huge scam online and both the project owners and freelancers are harassed.
    One such incident occured with us when our clients with their username itgenie, eloko, proshopexpert made the milestone payments of 200 USD each and asked us to start the project, all of a sudden our accounts were suspended and our money with them freezed.
    We sent them multiple emails, talked to their staff which really has very very poor customer support service. But no resolution was made, they also denied to refund the money to our clients and also didnt allowed us to withdraw the money, it was paypal who supported us at that moment and helped us to get our money back from freelancer.com which we paid to the company for getting the gold membership.
    Finally we agreed to send them our documents but only on condition that we also requested them to send the documents of their company, their legal status, registration certificates along with the documents of the owner of the company in order to ensure that the company is a registered legal company and our documents are going in safe hand, but company denied to send us stating that they have strict privacy policy and they never send their documents for cross verification- which again made us suspect of the company.
    You can check the authencity of our email by checking freelancer.com scam, freelancer.com fraud, getafreelancer.com scam, getafreelancer.com fraud and google will direct you to various websites like www.###lancer.in, /link removed/ www.scam.org.
    All the above three portals will have hundreds and hundreds of complaints against this company.
    I strongly believe that the staff of this company must be put behind the bars for ripping off the users for their hard earned money.
    with warm regards
    Nitin Naresh

www.###lancer.in

• Fr
      Mar 25, 2011

Hey, I also had the exact same bad experience with freelancer.com

After freelancer.com conned me, I went looking for complaints about freelancer.com and I found several complaints against freelancer.com.

Freelancer.com is just a small company operated out of basement by a couple of people - they use different names.

Freelancer.com scams people from India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, China because we are powerless and can't punish freelancer.com for freelancer.com's ill deeds - or freelancer.com may simply be a racist organization. Freelancer.com has the worst fee of 10 %. This is the largest fee. That means, when you pay a programmer INR 1000, freelancer.com steals a big chunk of it from you. Avoid freelancer.com. Get your project work done instead on elance.com, guru.com, scriptlance.com, odesk.com, etc.

I was shocked to hear that freelancer.com employees (all 6 of them ! ) get commission for each suspended account. I hope that freelancer.com is not using this illegal money for illegal purposes as supporting racism or terrorism. Has any accountant (or law enforcement agency) looked at freelancer.com's accounting books to figure out how they are spending these moneys that freelancer.com makes by cheating people.

They may respond to these posts here with freelancer.com's hype and lies. But instead I would like to see users of freelancer.com post their experience here. (Then again, freelancer.com is quite capable of posting fake experiences here.)

• Xe
      Mar 31, 2011

I just got suckered by them too. My first job - just got paid and went to make a withdrawl of the funds to my paypal account. First attempt took over two weeks it said it was "delayed" with no reason. So I cancelled the transfer and requested a new one. BAM, account suspended. If I had only found these sites sooner, seems this happens alot to people on there - so much for using them! If I ever see my money I will take my business elsewhere. The people that run the site are nothing more than bottom feeding low life scam artist, preying on other peoples hard work.

• Vi
      Apr 12, 2011

I had a very bad experience as a Freelancer.com service buyer or employer.

Amazingly most of freelancers or service providers tried to cheat or not to follow terms of the project.

I strongly advise all those looking for freelancers or service providers include every detail and condition in the project description. And then make a freelancer or service provider you have chosen accept and confirm each and every detail and condition of the project.

Do not assume that some commom sense things would be obvious to service providers.

You could have problems otherwise as Freelancer.com management would not punish lousy freelancers or service providers if they violated the terms and conditions of our project.

Freelancer.com management would not even allow you submit a negative review on a lousy freelancer.

The best both buyers and freelancers could do is to AVOID Freelancer.com whatsoever

• Bl
      May 31, 2011

FREELANCER.COM BIGGEST ###, FRAUDS IN WORLD. THEY CLAIM THEY ARE BEST SITE FOR OUTSOURCING. DONT KNOW WHO MOTHER ###ER IS THE OWNER OF FREELANCER.COM. IF I FOUND THAT DIG ANYWHER I GONNA KICK ON HIS ###.
    THEY BLODDY RASKALS CAN SUSPEND YOUR ACCOUNT ANYTIME WHEN THEY SEE YOUR ACCOUNT HAVE GOOD AMOUNT.
    RECENTLY THEY SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT AND MY ACCOUNT HAS $1500 AND WHEN I ASK THEM REASON THEY MAIL ME:

Freelancer.com reserves the right to terminate the participation of any User without reason but expressly including any User that Freelancer.com judges to be in violation of the User Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, Freelancer.com may terminate the participation of a User if we think that they are creating problems, legal liabilities (actual or potential), infringing someone else's intellectual property rights, engaging in fraudulent, immoral or illegal activities, or for other similar reasons.

We hope that we have made already made this clear for you.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE DONT DEAL WITH THEM BASTERS.

• Al
      Jun 15, 2011

They locked my account when I questioned why it took more than a month to do a 10 day website and what recourse I had. -$225. Scammers.

• Ni
      Jun 28, 2011

Be carefull, they are SCAM. I opened account for our legally registered company, hire one person for one work and put $150 in milestone. Day after this they immediately suspend our account with $200 in full balance, after I provide ID from me and they still refuse to reinstate account with our money in. They need to reply/if 2-3 days, before I upload funds in account they reply in less than 1hr always. They can not require any ID from own customers as they dont have this in terms of service and they are not any type of bank.

THEY JUST WANT THAT YOU UPLOAD FUNDS AND THEN YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN, I already call my bank for Chargeback so I will not have loss, but il never again use it!!

FREELANCER.COM SCAM REVIEW

• Av
      Jul 07, 2011

Isn't it illegal foreigners work for a US company without working visa?

• Wo
      Oct 05, 2011

I just won my very first bid, but after a few weeks I had to abort it for these reasons:
    1. The employer was unresponsive no matter how many times I emailed him.
    2. The employer did not have sufficient funds at the moment.
    Now, freelancer.com suspended my account because I had a negative balance! What's up with that? I didn't start any work, I didn't get paid by the buyer, why was I being charged when I am clearly the victim here! Freelancer.com is a SCAM! Don't ever trust this site! Such a bogus and an utter WASTE of TIME!

• Av
      May 29, 2012

I used Freelancer.com for the first time a couple of days ago and yesterday I selected a freelancer. (On the day of registration Freelancer took a $10 deposit from me).

The successful bid was $100 and the milestone was $100, so basically the freelancer wanted the full amount upfront.

When I paid the milestone their system took *two* payments: one for $97.54 and the other for $102.66. I was logged into my email account at the time and got Paypal email alerts within seconds of making the milestone payment showing these two sums.

I was completely shocked - I was flabbergasted that they took money automatically from my Paypal account (I soon read on the internet that Freelancer take money without notifying people by email that they have supposedly signed them up for "pre-approved" billing).

This would not have mattered so much *if* their system had not taken two payments.

I read on the internet of someone else this has happened to: their payment was duplicated *and* support tried to tell them they must have done something wrong their end. That's what happened to me. I know I definitely didn't press anything twice.

I got on to support and after alleging wrong doing my end, they basically tried to tell me that the money would be a credit on my account. At that point I admit I started swearing as they said they could not tell me if or when I'd be refunded!

I have now contacted Paypal's fraud department and they said they will investigate. I have sent them a few links and intend to put my case on as many warning sites as possible to alert people to this scam company until they refund me.

• Em
      Jun 13, 2012

Hi Avoid F. My name is Emir and I work for Freelancer. I’ve come across your post here at this page. I’ve seen your other post at sitejabber.com similar to this one. I’ll post again our reply to your concerns.

Since you mentioned that you were charged twice for a milestone, we’d like to inform you that the second payment can be refunded by closing your Paypal dispute. Once that is done, please send an e-mail to [protected]@freelancer.com that you’ve closed your dispute. Our Customer Support Team will work on refunding the duplicate payment.

We’ve looked into your case and our Support Team has resolved your issue.
    Again, we’d like to assure you that Freelancer.com is a legitimate business. We do not defraud people of their money.
    Should you have further enquiries, please send an e-mail to [protected]@freelancer.com and we’ll address them promptly.

Thank you very much and we hope to see you use again Freelancer.com services.

• Bu
      Jul 24, 2012

I've been using Freelancer for work for 5 years and I am so disappointed with all of the changes that have been made. The costs have gone up and now there are fees popping up EVERYWHERE. I've never had money transfer issues unless I won a project while a transfer was being processed and Freelancer debited the project fee from that balance. This time, I transferred my balance and when it didn't transfer on the dates I was told it would, I went to freelancer.com to find out why. What I found were two project deletion fees taken from my balance. That $10 kept me from getting my entire transfer. These fees were taken on June 20, 2012 and I have not posted any projects as an employer on Freelancer for over two years. So what it appears to me is this: I had a couple of old projects hanging on the system and they deleted them and applied this latest new fee. It would have been nice to have gotten some sort of automated warning so I could have made the adjustment to my transfer. It also would have been nice to have received notification from Freelancer regarding this new fee, but, no, I was completely blindsided on this.

Freelancer, unless you email policy changes to your users, fee additions, etc. or place the changes on your homepage so your users aren't surprised, you're going to have people calling you crooks. At one time I was very satisfied with my experience on your site and have had long-term relationships with some of the clients. Now, you all look like a bunch of money hungry beasts, placing tons of fees on the slave wages that clients using your site want to pay writers. Those of us who write full-time just want to make ends meet, but surprise fees that interrupt money transfers is right out WRONG. Quit surprising your users, tweak your system to avoid the payment issues mentioned by others above, and maybe, just maybe, you can once again be considered top-notch among more writers than those in India, Pakistan, the Philippines, etc who are not permitted to use the higher quality outsourcing sites. I don't use your site much these days, but I get the occasional repeat client who contacts me and deals through there. Your clients pay less than clients on Elance, yet your fees have become more ridiculous than Elance. Fortunately, I secure most of my work independently from outsourcing sites. I do feel it is quite unfortunate that my client wanted to use your system. My client got their work and gave me perfect feedback, yet I got burned. I have 100% positive feedback, which looks good on your site. However, you want to burn the writers and employers that make your site look good with fee after fee, reduced numbers of bids, and higher Gold Member fees.

• Me
      Sep 13, 2012

The website is a police state with rough "security team". One of my project has got "banned" 1 week after the completion, and the money was "returned to the client". Here's the explanation I was offered by the customer support:

"with the project ID: -----, was deleted because it was an Invalid Project.
    For further information about Invalid Project, you may refer to the link given, under Employers: http://www.freelancer.com/faq/view.php"

After a week my account was made "Limited" because it turned out that I was selected for an other project by the same employer, and they "suspected that this project is related to the Invalid project". My money's frozen now.

I highly discourage anyone to posting projects or working here "

• Ol
      Oct 05, 2012

Try searching freelancer.com scam on google.
    PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR MONEY ON FREELANCER, THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY.

Oct 19, 2012

Like most other people who land up on this page my freelancer.com account was recently limited ( Needless to say just when I got a large sum of money and tried to withdraw it). I have been a dedicated user of their website for just over 5 months now and have completed about 31 projects with perfect outcome, I was lucky enough to get some decent reviews and a 5 star rating.

One fine day I log in to my account and my withdrawal requests have been cancelled, I contact support and they say my employer needs to be verified and I should ask him to do so, it was annoying, I was getting paid to do the project not to get employers verified but anyways I contacted the employer and told her what freelancer support had told me. She being a kind lady immediately contacted support and verified her phone as they asked. Hoping to see the matter resolved I got back to work. I log in next day and I see the ‘YOU ARE SCREWED’ message:

‘Your Freelancer.com account has been limited for account security reasons.
    Until we can verify your identity, we need to limit functionality of your account. You can continue to work and receive payments, but you won’t be able to transfer or withdraw funds.’

I logged in to their verification center and it is then that I realized that the real issue was one of the previous potentially fraudulent $15 project ‘Photoshop a document’ that I had undertaken. It turned out Freelancer.com suspected I was involved in Frauds and all my projects were under their RADAR. So when I got a 4 digit account balance, they decided to pick their bone. Not entirely a fair timing at their part I believe but OK, there were mistakes at my end too.

I provided them my scanned ID and a photographic proof that I was actually the owner of the ID, I wanted to explain it to them that ‘Photoshop a document’ was actually a project where the employer could not read the photograph of a paper and wanted me to make it less blurry so as to make it readable and that there was nothing potentially fraudulent about it but I could very well see what the title of the project suggested and I had no means to prove my point so I decided not to waste both their and my time. I assured them that I will in future not undertake such projects which would potentially put me and them in trouble.

Within a few hours I received this delightful e-mail:

‘Your identity has been successfully verified and your account is no longer limited from being able to deposit and withdraw funds.
    Thank you for helping to keep Freelancer.com safe and secure.
    The Freelancer.com Team’

I realize that most of the horror stories posted about freelancer.com’s monopoly and unfair use of power are incompletely told where people miss out the part where they committed a mistake and jump directly to the account suspension part.
    I fully agree with one suggestion that I saw posted all over the internet though that verification should be done before a payment is made and not after so that the users get a fair chance to decide whether or not they want to use freelancer.com’s services. It is unethical and fraudulent to invite people ‘Hey! come and do anything on our website. :) ’ and when they come and do ‘anything’ then teach them your T&C after you have their money.
    Apart from this one major service flaw, they are a great website!

Thankyou for reading.

• Re
      Oct 19, 2012

LOOK @ VINNIE GO !

Oct 22, 2012

@Anonymous123. This is Max from Freelancer. We greatly appreciate feedback. Be assured that we dedicate ourselves to provide the best customer experience. We've taken into account your recommendations about our account verification procedures and we will forward this to our teams for evaluation. Should you have further concerns or enquiries, please send an e-mail to [protected]@freelancer.com and I'll address them promptly. Thank you again.

• Ju
      Oct 29, 2012

The online chat client support is totally useless, and yes, they've suspended the funds in my account too without an obvious reason and without even informing me. At that time I had more than 10 completed projects and successfully withdrawn funds to my PayPal account without any problems a few times.

It started like this: I've tried to withdraw the funds from my account for three consecutive weeks and for some reason, the day the payment had to be send, the withdraw request was just disappearing from the financials section.

Thinking that there must be some sort of bug with the website I've contacted the online chat support only to find out that my account and the account of a client of mine is the object of some sort of verification (they didn't mention what type of verification) and the funds in my account are suspended until the verification is complete.

They wouldn't answer my questions regarding the type of verification that is being done or when it will be completed. They kept saying that the proper department is taking care of this issue and they can't tell me anything about it, not even give me the email address of someone in that department until the verification is complete.

Eventually I've managed to withdraw the funds after another two weeks (5 weeks in total) and countless emails sent to them. Didn't even got the chance to ask them what was the reason for that verification because after informing them that I will contact a lawyer to see if what they are doing is legal they've sent me a copy paste message that the verification is complete and I can withdraw the funds and closed the ticket.

In conclusion, after working on a project and completing it it took more than 5 weeks to be able to withdraw the funds. Not to mention that I am pretty sure that if I didn't contact them and wasted hours insisting and asking for clarifications they would have surely kept the funds.

More than that, I didn't even once receive a pertinent answer to my questions posted on the ticked board. All the message I've received were just copy paste messages which had nothing to do with what I was asking. Very professional conduit.

• Em
      Oct 31, 2012

@justanotherregularuser - Hello. My name is Max and I work for Freelancer.com We appreciate the feedback. Be assured that these account verification procedures and policies in place are meant to provide a safe and secure environment for users such as yourself. We apologize if your customer support experience was unsatisfactory and the resolution of your account issues took too long. I will forward this incident to our Support Managers and we will conduct an investigation. If you have further concerns, please send an e-mail to [protected]@freelancer.com and I will address it. Thank you and we hope to see you use again Freelancer.com services.

• Ar
      Jul 01, 2013

Freelancer.com are cheaters! They generate virtual users with projects and after someone "accepted as freelancer for this project" they steal money from accounts of the honest freelancers who connect their bank cards to the site system. Then nothing... virtual user with project just disappear and freelanceк have to pay for nothing instead of getting job!!!

• Yes, I think freelancer is turning into scams, I'm also suffering from the same issue, when I requested withdrawal my account was limited, firstly this was not a legal requirement, I have to trust them because my money have my money, even after submitting the documents as they have requested they now say that this is not according to our standard. I'm just curious about these paid replying machines from, are they bots or just paid ###, they don't reply on there support ticket that urgently that they reply here. I recommend not to deposit any money on freelancer account unless you don't need it because this once you press withdraw button your account will be limited.

• Be
      Mar 20, 2014

Freelancer.com is the world's largest global scam platform with over ten million registered potential victims. We don't give a ### about feedback from our users and would like to take the opportunity to steal your money whenever we can.

This should be the footer on their website. Same story here, they closed my account and kept all my funds on it for having opened a second account on their website. When I requested them to refund my money, I received this response:

"Hi,

Thanks for mailing us back.

Note that in the event of termination, Users found in violation of the User Agreement will not receive any credit or payment from Freelancer.com. Without limiting Freelancer.com's other remedies, to the extent you are in violation of this User Agreement, you must pay Freelancer.com for all fees owed to us and reimburse us for all losses and costs (including any and all Freelancer.com employee time) and reasonable expenses (including legal fees) related to investigating such breach and collecting such fees. You agree that Freelancer.com is entitled to deduct such charges directly from any existing balance in the offending Account, or any other Freelancer.com Account owned by you. Kindly review our Terms & Conditions for additional information.

We hope for your understanding.

---
    Chase
    Freelancer.com Support"

I then requested a legal invoice for the money they are taking from me, which was denied by freelancer.com.

Then, I requested them to delete my accounts and all my personal data related to them, which was also denied for the reason that MY PERSONAL DATA are now PROPERTY OF THE COMPANY... WTF????

Enough is enough, I have just files a lawsuit against them. I am willing to pay whatever it takes, but I will take these scammers down! They just initiated a long legal war with me, and I dont care how long it takes, I dont care how much it costs, I will kick Matt Barrie's bold head. Matt, if you are reading this... This time you will not just get away with it. We are about 50 former users now, and will sue you all together.

If anyone else would like to go against them, you are most welcome to join us at any time.

Apr 02, 2014

Hello ben18285,

This is Will from Freelancer.com. I would like to help you by understanding and reviewing your account. Please send the details of your concern along with your username at [protected]@freelancer.com so I can review your account.

I look forward to your kind email.

May 26, 2014

I agree that freelacer.com is a sacmming site. Their support sucks. They have suspended my account without listening anything. I would suggest people from india and pakistan and china and bangladesh to stop working on this site.

May 26, 2014

Hello ben18285,

I totally agree with you. Freelancer.com is nothing but a money making site. Recently they suspended my account without clarificatins. Someone reported against me and they suspended my acount. I have cleared everything now with the employer however its been 5 days there is no news. Earlier they used to reply asap but now they r mum.
    I am not a liar, i do not cheat, sometimes i have delivered free work to attract people here. I really liked being on freelancer but this was my first bad experience, which i think is the worst.
    I have clients waiting but freelancer people do not listen. I do not understand how they say quality if they do not know the meaning of quality.
    I wish i get my acount back coz i use to earn much and used to do charity to poor people... in church and temple etc... i do not understand y they do not reply. i keep on asking them the status but they do not reply...

May 28, 2014

Hello sam79,

This is Will from Freelancer.com. Please give me a chance to review on what happened on your account, on why it has been suspended. Shoot me a message at [protected]@freelancer.com with your username and let me see what I can do for you.

I hope to hear from you the soonest possible time.

Will

• Ab
      Jun 20, 2014

It was all going fine and I completed 2-3 projects with excellent 5 star ratings until I put a withdraw request and with in 2 weeks Freelancer.com have started their so called verification process.
    Even then I comply on the same and On their request I have again and again submitted multiple documents from last 1 month for Id, address proof including Driving License, Bank statements, Utility bill, Government issued certificate but all of these documents are rejected without giving any proper logical reason while these documents are accepted by government including VISA processing etc.
    It seems they are preoccupied to steal my hard earned money as they have done with many other freelancers before. I found many articles on web and their current actions are again similar. There are no changes in their behaviours.
    Please suggest me some strict actions that can be taken against freelancer.com. Thanks !!

Jun 24, 2014

Hi Abhilasha Gupta,

This is Will from Freelancer.com. I understand how you feel regarding your withdrawal request and in verifying your account. Please shoot me an email at [protected]@freelancer.com along with your username and the details of your concern.

I look forward to hear from you.

Will C.

• To
      Jul 21, 2014

I agree that Freelancer does not care about its customers.
    Back on the weekend of July 4th, 2014, I had requested a wire transfer withdrawal of around $500 I had on deposit from the days I worked with VWorker (Rentacoder) as a client.
    I had previously hired offshore programmers to complete a project, but they abandoned it, as has happened several times before.
    Today is 7/21/2014 and I have not yet received the funds. I had emailed support, via the site, but no response. I even asked for the federal wire number, but again; no response.
    Today, I notified them that I am going to the authorities in the US (FBI) and in Australia.
    I plan on blogging my experience all over the Internet to keep companies like this from abusing its clients.
    Since Freelancer took over VWorker, who I liked working with, it has been a disaster. I find Freelancer site very confusing and difficult to navigate. It is hard enough to find resources to work with, let alone dealing with a company that does not care. It is time for Freelancer to shape up or simply shut down their doors, which I expect will happen soon.
    I would stay away, as both a developer and buyer, until they get their act together.

Jul 22, 2014

Hello Tom P.,

This is Will from Freelancer.com and I would like to help you regarding the withdrawal of the funds. Kindly shoot me an email at [protected]@freelancer.com along with your username and I will personally assist you.

I look forward to hear from you.

Will C.

• Al
      Oct 03, 2014

hi i am alinawaz88 from freelancer
    my account is closed for no reason on fake proof... i am here on freelancer from last 5 years, worked extreme hard and have earned 5 star reputation . i have got 298 5star reviews as freelancer and 303 as an employee.. Yesterday a client new registered client told freelancer a fake store that i put his site down and they suspended my account, when i provide them with proof that he is taking false, in return they closed my account !! Please anyone from support of freelancer can help me in getting my account back, all of my clients are upset .. they can even contact freelancer in private via tickets from their accounts to provide a feedback how they feel working with me !! i have 40+ clients they are now upset how to move on future projects, i don't want to shift on to other sites like elance etc as i have earned a lot of reputation here after 5 years of hard work .. please ASSIST ASAP

• Re
      Oct 07, 2014

without any warning of account limitation they limited my account, if they are so suspicious about my account why they just don't refund it to my original account from where they received the money. I want full refund of my money.
    this is rebellionist from freelancer