Freebeegas.com / Fraud and scam

United States Review updated:
My wife and I attended a sales presentation hosted by Global Vacation Network in Dublin Ohio. We were promised a free four day, three night Mexico getaway and $300.00 in free gas. We found out after a month or so that the Mexico getaway sponsored by Mexico Paradise Getaway (MPG) was not quite as promoted.

After sending them a $100.00 deposit and waiting for forty five days or so, I received an email requesting a money order or certified check for an additional $300.00. This money had to be received by them by certified mail within 30 days or they would cancel the trip.

Thanks to some input from others on how they had the same or worse experience, I immediately requested a refund. I did not hear from MPG, but after numerous phone calls, threats and complaints to Global Vacation Network, I did receive a $100.00 refund check.

My $300.00 gas voucher also provided by Global Vacation Network and sponsored by FreeBeeGas.com, also turned out to be not as promised. I sent them a $5.00 deposit, collected $100.00 in gas receipts, mailed the receipts promptly to the address requested and waited. I received an email from FreeBeeGas.com stating that they had received my receipts and would be processing my gas card.

That is the last I have heard from them. I am now well past the time period that I should have received my first gas card, and have not received anything. All of my emails to them go unanswered and the phone number I was given to contact them only states that there mailbox is full.

My advice to all is stay away from Global Vacation Network and their “Free" prizes. I personally spent three hours listening to a “90 minute" sales presentation and received nothing. Mexico Paradise Getaway and FreeBeeGas.com both turned out to be worthless prizes that only proceeded in costing me more time and money.
Ge

Comments

Ly
  8th of Feb, 2009
We too attended a presentation from Global Vacations. For our prize, we got to choose a gift. I chose a GPS that they said was worth $250.00 with the upgrade. By the time I paid for shipping and the upgrade, the GPS was not free. In fact, the value was much list on the retail market than they stated there's was worth. Shame on us for being scammed!

Also we received a card for $500.00 free gas from freebeegas.com after purchasing a $35, 000 vehicle. Thanks for saving us the hassle and $5.00.

lynque
Jo
  18th of May, 2009
From what we have seen on loval TV and at the Ohio ttorney General's Office, you are not alone.

If any Ohio consumer wishes to discuss his or her concerns about GVN (Global Vacation Network), please call our law firm, Ferron & Associates, 614-228-5225 (Columbus, Ohio). We have sucessfully sued GVN in the past and have a case pending against them at this time. We would be happy to speak with anyone about their concerns -- as we are still gatherng evidence concerning GVN -- and there is no charge of any kind.