Fred Loya Insurance / unauthorized billing

1 1800 Lee Trivino 101,El Paso, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 915-595-0595

On Saturday April 18, 2009 my son who is in the Army at Fort Bliss, TX went into the office of Fred Loya and canceled his policy for auto insurance. He found another insurance company that was $60 cheaper per month. He spoke with Carla Gandarilla, who basically verbally assaulted him with questions as to why he was canceling, what company he had his coverage with, how much was he paying. My daughter-in-law informed Carla that it did not matter they just wanted to cancel that day. My son was told the policy was canceled.

Today, Monday April 20, 2009 my son checked his bank account which has gone negative because Fred Loya Insurance put the payment thru on a canceled policy. When my son called Carla, he was told it will now take 30 days for a refund. Meanwhile my son will be charged $8 per day for each day his account stays negative; his next payday is May 1, 2009. My son advised Carla of this and she told him she would call him right back she needed to call accounting to 'try' to have a special payment made to him. After an hour, I called her and she refused to discuss his policy with me. He no longer has a policy with Fred Loya so she would not be violating privacy.

Carla immediately called my son after hanging up on me, and informed him that accounting was closed for the day and she would have get back with him tomorrow.

What a way to treat military personnel. My son is defending this country and being ripped off by this insurance company.

Ev

Comments

• Bu
      9th of May, 2009

First, you went to a service provider on a Saturday to cancel a payment that was coming out of your account on the following Monday and actually expected it to be stopped? News flash!!! Banks are closed on weekends!! Typically payments that get drafted on weekends or Mondays are always sent in the Friday before which means your son came into to cancel at the last minute. Its also typical for companys to request these type of transactions be conducted well in advance (business days) from the actual day your payment comes out. Although I appreciate your sons service to our country he doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Second, do you always fight your adults sons battles? Privacy doesn't stop at cancellation.