Frank Bee Enterprises / Charge taxes on clothes, not returning refund

Hi my name is Ms. Myrta E. Vila and my granddaughter is going to the 9th grade at the H.S. for Law Enforcement and Public Safety at 116-25 Guy Brewer boulevard Jamaica, NY 11434.

On 8/11/2007 I was at their store in the Bronx and we purchase a total of $99.95 in uniform, my son pay the bill and according to them the total was $107.80. When we left the store and after we had drive thru the Whitestone bridge on our way to Queens, I asked my son for the receipt to recheck it and then I notice that they had add $7.85 tax on the receipt. New York State Law on clothing is that you do not pay any taxes on clothing that is under $110.00 dollars.

I immediately I called the store and told them what they had done and the name of the sales person Jessica B. they put her on the phone and I went on to explained to her the NY State Law on sales tax on clothing, and her explanation to me, was that the cash register was set up to charge tax, after that she said to me that she will mailed me a check for the $7.85 and I gave her my name and address in order for her to mail me the check.

On 8/20/07 I called the store back because I week had pass and I had not received my refund on the overcharge ( tax ) I spoke to the same sales person Jessica B. and she told me that she did not understand why I had not received my refund, and that she will reissue a check for that amount $7.85.

On 8/27/07 I called the store again and the person that answer hang up on me. I called again and the phone was ringing and ringing for a while and no one answered, finally after so many times of calling some one answer and I asked for the same sales person Jessica B. and they told me to hold, and it took her about 20 minutes to come to the phone, I told her that I was Mrs. Vila and that it was the 8/27/07 and I had not received my refund, she went on to me tell me that her boss sign the check and mailed it to me on 8/25/07.

In one of those conversations I told Jessica B. that it does take a whole week for mailed to be delivered from the Bronx to Queens.

Today 8/27/07 I called the New York State Dept of Finance Tax Complaint Dept at [protected] and [protected] to make the complaint against Frank Bee Enterprises Inc.

I was advised by the New York Better Business to file a complaint thru the internet, this is the address
www.tax.state.ny.us <http://www.tax.state.ny.us/> and filled out form au-11

It is best to go to the web page and print the form, and then make copy of the filled out form and use the hard copy to make another complaint to the school that your child is attending, so they will be aware of the kind of fraudulent services that this company gives to parents of the students that are send there by their schools to buy their uniforms.

This company not only supplies the H.S. for Law Enforcement and Public Safety, is also supplies many other schools, Catholic and Public, Boy's Scout's etc.

In my granddaughter school they are 1700 students, so you can imagine how much money they have scam if only by chance they were overcharge the same amount they overcharge me $7.85 per student, I only purchase $99.95 in uniforms, but I'm pretty sure that other parents spend more than that per child.

As soon as my granddaughter starts her school on 8/29/07 (orientation day) I will be at the Principal's office with my complaint and request from them that they should write a letter to every student in that school informing them of this incident, so they will recheck their receipts and put a claim for refunds, if any overcharges has been made.

This is a warning to all parents of children's in schools, recheck your receipts and make sure that you are not charge any taxes on any type of clothing that is $110.00 or less. That is the New York State Tax Law on clothing.

Sincerely, Mrs. Myrta Elena Vila

Comments

• Fr
      13th of Sep, 2007

I am a manager at Frank Bee Enterprises,
    This compplaint is true, our customer was mistakenly charged sales tax by a cashier in training. The customer was sent a refund check for the $7.85 by check. We apologize and hope that we made propper ammends
    Sincerly,
    Frank Bee

• Yv
      24th of Sep, 2007

I really should have made a complaint and demand a refund after using this company for my granddaughter's birthday party. They cheated you out of 8 $, well,I wish I could have gotten back the money I paid them for costume characters. Dora and Diago were dirty, Diago's costume was torn and I had to staple him into it, neither could speak English and could not interact at all, rather well,with the children and the hair and the heads were dirty and tangled up. This is what I got for a little under $400. This was not the first time I used Frank Bee"s but this has never happened before yet this one time makes me afraid to use them again. Pinky Party Place may not have the large array of costumes that Frank Bee"s has but never have they taken my money and not provide top of the line service. I should have learned my lesson when the year before the sent a very pregnant tinker bell. She was very good with the kids so I let it go.

• Ji
      7th of Jul, 2008

I totally agree with you. Frank Bee Enterprises has cheated me as well, I place an order with them that I never received but was billed for. I began calling to find out the status of the order, They never took my phone number or e-mail to get in touch with me, it's as if they really didn't care about the problem at all. I had to keep calling and checking, and they keep claiming it went to shipping and should have shipped, after numourous calls and months later I received a partial order and to this day I have not received everything I was billed for and Richard (Manager) at the time stated "He Would Credited the order for me" which "HE NEVER DID". Do not trust this Company.

Jimmy Z

• Fr
      24th of Jul, 2008

Frank Bee Enterprises is an American company. The company specializes in design and distribution of school uniform, military uniform, caps, gowns, honor cards, tassels and different accessories. Frank Bee Enterprises services the most prestigious private schools in the country. Frank Bee Enterprises offers ceremonial uniform, camping clothes, workclothes, scouts uniform, outerwear, backpacks, gifts, name labels, and so much more. The company offers clothes for kindergartens, pre school nap mats, careers apparel, industrial clothes, church choir usher hats, vintage t-shirts, and so much more.

Frank Bee Enterprises is considered to be one of the leading and most reliable companies in the industry.

• Ha
      8th of Aug, 2008

This is a TERRIBLE company! DO NOT trade with Frank Bee Enterprises!
    I ordered from them, recieved confirmation and they have shipped NOTHING two weeks later (their catalog advertises "3-4 day shipping") google them to read NUMEROUS other complainnts. Exctly who considers Frank Bee "to be one of the leading and most reliable companies in the industry" (see above) is beyond me!