Fossil Watch / fossil watches

1 Dallas Texas, United States

I had been (past tense after this incident) purchasing a fossil watch a year for 5 years now. The last two years it has been two one for my teenage son. I noticed on two of my fossil watches and one of relics (same company) all having stainless steel bands. The colors on them have started to wear off making the watches look cheap. The three can not be worn any longer it looks embarrassing. The fossils are a ME1001 black band purchased maybe 4 years ago and a FS4867 gold colored band purchased 1.5 years ago. The relic is a grey/dark silver colored band. This one was purchased about 3 years ago. I noticed the wear on the bands approx a year or so after the purchase of them. I got busy and did not immediately address the issues.
I understand there is normal wear and tear on items however these watches are not worn every day. I have several other watches that I do wear more often, citizen and bulova watches.
Here it is January 2018. I looked high and low for new watch bands for these watches. None to be found. I reached out to fossil's customer service. They responded back quite quickly with a response about the issue of the worn of color of the bands and wanting a new bands. They informed my that they do not ship new bands out and that the watch(es) must be shipped to them for service. Not only do you have to pay for shipping you must also pay for the band $35 plus dollars, labor charge of $16 and tax. The total cost $64.50, add the shipping of $14.50 you have a total of $79.00. You can almost buy a new fossil for that amount off of ebay or amazon.
Realize that it is my fault on the watches not addressing the issue sooner rather than later. I am ok with even paying for new watch bands but when they do not offer this I have an issue with.
Be aware of the fossil, relic and other related brand names associated with fossil, there are several that offer a colored stainless steel band. Good chance that color WILL wear off of the band. You have a 2 year warranty with the watch, not sure if it will be covered under the warranty.
Seems they are making a sub standard product now, charging a premium price for their product and wanting us (the consumers) to pay for it all.
This January 2018 my wife and I visited a Fossil store at a local outlet mall (VERY UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE) This place had a meager selection of watches for being an outlet shop and the employees there even worse. Seemed I was troubling them, asking about a particular watch I was interested in. I was ready to make a purchase, thank goodness I didn't. After THAT experience I made my decision to purchase a Bulova (percisionist chronograph 47mm 98B228). Love the watch.
It is true what they say, You pay for what you get. Never again done with Fossil watches and all their associated brands.

Tg