Forzieri / Refund policy

1 Italy

Forzieri has a refund policy which would be illegal in Australia and I am still not sure that it is legal. After numerous email exchanges and some telephone calls I just gave up and gave the company over $800 as I was exhausted. Most of the international branded merchandise is way more expensive than on other sites in America and Europe but I loved their own brand leather jackets and that is where the trouble started. The jacket was too small. From Australia I had to pay courier postage of $ 120 which was not refundable AND I was hit with taxes returning it to Italy of $80. When I queried the logic of this as the goods were made there I was told it was law in Italy. So I was already out of pocket $200. I should have quit, but I didn't as there was another Forzieri jacket I wanted to try. I was assured that they would refund me the incoming taxes if this jacket did not fit and I needed to return it. The second jacket was more expensive so they held my refund ( I thought) and asked for an extra $600 for the new jacket from me. I asked for measurements of the new jacket which I never got so that I could check if it would fit. When it eventually arrived ( I had to wait for both jackets to be made I think), the jacket was too small. I had already spent $200 on return postage and taxes and now needed to pay another $120 for a courier for the second jacket. I asked for a full refund on the second jacket and was told that the return window had expired and as a favour I could have the second payment of $600 as a refund but that I had to spend $800 with Forzieri. The accounts department had not refunded the first amount but transferred it to the second purchase with the original purchase date, hence the 'expiry". I was pointed to a second return policy on the website which said I MAY not get a refund!!
So I am now out of pocket $320 on two return couriers, one lot of Italian import taxes for an Irtalian jacket and have an $800 credit when the biggest size jacket IT 50 does not fit me. This is the worst experience I have ever had. Please be careful if you are returning something and NEVER entertain an exchange.