Forest River / forest river flagstaff super light emerald 278rlws

1 Elkhart, IN, United States Review updated:

I have a 2015 27RLWS Forest River Flagstaff Emerald travel trailer. This year upon taking it out of storage, I noticed delamination taking place on the upper half of the front of the trailer. The lower have seems unaffected. By upper half I am speaking of the seem which you can see under the fiberglass just about wear the front window is. It is only affected above the seam. I check my roof seals annually and have never seen any degradation. This is not from water damage, it is from sun heat and a poor quality job of lamination of the upper piece!!! Funny, how when you call or ask they always blame the owner in someway! I told them I check the seals annual, they told me all seals should checked every 6 months. That is total crap! It would take a long time to inspect the entire RV and to do it every six months. Imagine being told before you by you have to inspect or have the seals inspected every six months to prevent leaks and delamination! Would you buy the product? Hell no! Especially on a upper class RV! I going to attempt to get resolution. If Forest River reads this please contact me!

Jt
Jul 10, 2018

Comments

• Bl
      12th of Jul, 2018

If That R.V. has A/C ducts in the ceiling...Unload that R.V. fast. I have recently taken on the job of fixing the roof/ceiling of my daughter in laws ultra lite R.V.
    After taking down all the water damaged ceiling panels all I could do is stand back and scratch my head...And wonder how much the guys that design these things make a year...
    The roof and ceiling consist of 2 1/2 " of Styrofoam with 2 pieces of 1/4" plywood bonded to it on either side...That wouldn't be all that bad until you put the weight of a roof A/C unit on top of it...
    So what they did was put in 2 cross supports made out of aluminum U channel...But in order to run the ducting for the A/C they had to cut out 4 sections of the aluminum...Basically leaving about 1/2 inch of aluminum U channel to support all the weight of that A/C unit . Needless to say it won't take long for that roof to sag and create water leaks...Oh and by the way we live in florida so there was never any snow on top of it to add weight ...god forbid

• Jt
      13th of Jul, 2018

@Bluewaters64 Thanks for the info!!! Wish the companies would back the words when they sell to you! From now on I will get there sells pitch in writing or I won’t buy! I was told of the superior craftsmanship and strength of the roof and laminated exterior! Yikes!!!