For: Western Union Payment Service Malaysia / scam inheritance

1 1904 delwood driveIowa City, IA, United States Review updated:

Here is another email sent from malaysia. why me...?
For: western union payment service malaysia

Subject: (western union payment) contact lee yung via [email protected] for payment
Date: thu, 3 mar 2011 10:02:29 +0000
From: [email protected]

Western union money transfer
Malaysian pay-out center

Attention beneficiary,

We wish to inform you that the united nations (un) has taken over the inheritance/prize winning payment issue which you currently or previously had with your transaction agents. your funds was withdrawn by un on your behalf based on the fact that you where subjected to too many processes that will make you spend more money before receiving your funds.

Your inheritance/winning payment was paid out to the united nations organization, and they have succeeded in depositing your funds with us. they have ordered western union to take full responsibility in the transfer process of your funds, and we have received your application for the first installment of $7, 600 usd from the total amount of $1, 500, 000.00 usd, one million five hundred thousand united states dollars.

For some security reasons, we need you to reconfirm your name, address, age and phone number before receiving the mtcn for the first installment, and we will email you others after 24 hours of receiving each payment.

E-mail dr. lee yung @ [email protected]

Or call our 24 hours helpline @ +60.149.423.902 for any inquiries on the above message.

Important message: your details for payment must be sent to dr. lee yung @ [email protected]

Yours truly,

Miss. laine ruus
For: western union payment service malaysia

Comments

• Mi
      5th of Mar, 2011

Through this machination Western Union rips us off. Click here http://www.westernunion-no.nonkok.net/

• Sh
      2nd of Apr, 2011

Same email has been come to me.

• Na
      2nd of Apr, 2011

I am now getting UPS scam letters in South Africa

• Sj
      16th of May, 2011

i got the same scam e-mail almost word for word. i tell them to show me the money and nothing comes back.

• Ta
      19th of Jul, 2011

From: Tadiyos Minota
    To: WESTERN UNION
    Sent: Tue, July 19, 2011 6:25:14 PM
    Subject: Re: Payment Order #: WUMT-8880635/2011 (MTCN: 454-570-8176)

Hello Dr, Lee Yung thansk to your E-mail. I like to thanks u for your amiling. I know that U R mailing many times to me.
    I know that there are many office of Wetsern Union Avasilabe Incliding Private & Govermant Banks.
    I have been discused with the Bank Manenger & He said in our Country no sending before receving. For this case I can't first to send.
    Please Dr, Understand me I am the man of God & Working in Christian Orgnazation "SEraptha Foundation Ethiopia."
    If You can send for me I will send ### soon as possible. For this case please send in my name as follows and send the Secret Question & Answer. With MTCN & the name of the sender. I wil promise in the sight of God. I will do it. Trust in me. I am the man of The Living God. Just send by faith & then U can see the result.
    In case of Our all banks are under The " National Bank oa Ethiopia". For this case they are not able totransfer money before Receving.
    This is the Only problem that I can't do any thisng. All is above from me. If and the only if the the Solution is in The hand of Western Union office & in Dr, Lee young.
    If You can Transfer the Fund then I will show themThe Confirmation & I can Send the $267 USD. After that I can Transfer .
    Other wise Please take the Charged amount of Money from the Total that you send for me. I lik e to here from you as soon as possible.
    Then you can transfer the rest money directly to my account. Please understand me, The Only oproblem is our Country banking system is Differnt from the other world.
    For mre information Please you can call me +251-911-360784
    May the Lord Bless as you seek his will.
    Sincerely Yours
    Tadiyos M. Jorga

• Bh
      5th of Dec, 2011

I just received the same email two days ago. I get this kind of email almost everyday. I would love to find the person who is taking advantage of people who are suffering with this stumbling economy by coming with this lame emails. They are very obvious that emails are scams; they start the email by using one name and they end up with another name. It this was so true then why they cannot find out a way to send the money via mail. If they are that good finding emails then they must be good finding addresses. They either want your info to steal your identity or they just want to mess with your head. And that is not right!!!

• Bu
      25th of Feb, 2012

same here.. but i did play dumb, , emailed a fake MTCN No. and fake name, , to get even with him for wasting my time reading his email .. i know he's message is a part of email fraud. There is no such thing like winning without any entry.. keep in mind...

• Em
      25th of Mar, 2012

I also received following emails and followed by phone call. Are they true email or scam.
    WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER
    MALAYSIAN PAY-OUT CENTER

Attention,

This is to officially notify you that you have been selected as one of the Beneficiaries of 2012 United Nations Compensation Programme. Your e-mail address was randomly chosen by the Topaz Ballot System. You have been awarded the sum of $1, 500, 000USD by United Nations in its on-going Social Responsibility Cash Aid Programme. This amount is to be paid to you via the Daily Limit Payment of $7, 600 USD.

Do send the below stated details to Dr. Lee Yung of the Western Union Payment Center via email: [email protected]

Your Full Name:
    Home Address:
    Telephone Number:
    Sex/Age:
    Occupation:

You can reach Dr. Lee Yung on +60.164.823.605 for more information on how to receive your first installment of $7, 600 USD.

Regards,

Miss Daisy Binti Noor
    For: Western Union Payment Center

Over Locations Worldwide380, 000Send Money Worldwide

Attention: Western Union Beneficiary,

Payment Order #: WUMT-8880635/2012 (MTCN: 703-193-0253)

This is the Western Union Money Transfer® - Money in Minutes service

Western Union Payment Center has received your application for the release of your daily payment. Be advised that it has been designated that the sum of $7, 600.00 USD

(Seven Thousand Six Hundred United States Dollars) be paid to you daily using Western Union Money Transfer service as approved by the U.N and the IMF until we send you a total of $1, 500, 000.00 USD (One Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars).

Your first transfer of $7, 600.00 USD has just been authorized, sent, but you can not pick up the amount yet. Activation required.

See transaction Details Below.

-------------------------------------
    TRANSACTION DETAILS:
    -------------------------------------

SENDER'S FIRST NAME: John
    SENDER'S LAST NAME: Chika
    MTCN: 703-193-0253 (Please Remove "-" from MTCN before checking status of transaction)
    AMOUNT SENT: $7, 600.00 USD
    WILL RECEIVER HAVE A VALID ID? YES

You can confirm the status of your transaction by visiting our website at and then click on "Check Transfer" or "Transfer Status", you will then be required to enter the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) as well as the Sender's First and Last Name, as illustrated above for confirmation.

As a matter of urgency, in order not to waste more of your time before you start receiving your funds, Please be informed that you will need to activate your full transaction for the sum of $267 USD. The activation is necessary for the endorsement, validation and legalization of your transaction.

The activation fee for your first transaction must be paid, before you can pick up the above listed transaction. And to this effect, our Head of Transfer Department instructed us to stop the transfer of the first $7, 600 USD, to avoid problems with the International Monetary Fund and the Bank Negara Malaysia. Owing to the reasons reiterated above, you cannot pick up your first daily installment of $7, 600 USD.

But not to worry much, you will start receiving your daily installment of $7, 600 USD, after confirmation of your payment of $267.00 USD for your activation fee, and after that your first installment will be released to you 6 - 10 hours after your payment for your activation is confirmed.

When you are ready, we will provide you with the payment details to have the fee of $267.00 USD paid for to us for your activation. You will be required to email us or give us a call to get details needed to make the payment for your activation. Please be advised that you will need to activate your transaction at the soonest, so as to avoid forfeiture.

We await a confirmation from you, informing us when you want to settle your activation fee needed, so you can start receiving your installment payment from today.

Yours truly,

Dr. Lee Yung
    Telephone:+60.164.823.605
    For: Western Union Payment Service

Send Money Worldwide
    ©2001-2011 Western Union Holdings Inc. All Rights Reserved

• Fi
      3rd of May, 2012

i chatted to a guy who name alex and now he plan to come here in macau according to him he can't come to macau because he put his money more than $10, 000 usd he said he need to produce a certificate that he have money on luggage so i been calling him because he said 5pm is his arrival to macau and we plan to fetch him in the macau airport and its already 8 pm i didnt recieve any text message or call from him so i tried to call his number saying that there is a problem the custom don't release his luggage till he dont pay $ 500 dollar so i told him i have only $ 200 dollar here in my wallte he said i need to help him her mum will send $300 dollar and i send $ 200 so i do send it now, i think this is a scam but i will know it later.

• Bi
      28th of May, 2012

Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:39:02 +0800 [04/23/2012 10:39:02 PM CDT]
    From: Western Union Malaysia Add [email protected] to my Address Book
    To: Recipients Add [email protected] to my Address Book
    Reply-To: [email protected] [email protected] to my Address Book
    Subject: Final Notice!! $7, 600 USD Daily Payment For You..
    Priority: High Priority 1 (High)
    WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER
    MALAYSIAN PAY-OUT CENTER

Attention,

You are entitled to receive a total sum of $1, 500, 000 USD which has
    been successfully deposited at the Western Union Payment Center, Malaysia
    by the United Nations. This payment is in conjunction with the Social
    Responsibility Cash Aid Programme of the United Nations in which e-mail
    addresses are selected randomly by the Topaz Balloting System.

The Management of the Western Union Payment Center, Malaysia has designated
    that the amount be remitted to you via our Daily Limit Payment of $7, 600 USD.

Please provide your Full Name, Address, Age and Phone Numbers to

For: Western Union Payment Center, Malaysia

ITS ###IN' SCAM !!

• St
      1st of Feb, 2013

i just got an email that state's that i will receive 7, 800 per day if i send 238$ for activation! i guess the united nations feels that they wan't to give me a million and five hundred thousand cause i'm so sly and cunning and that i would never fall for such scam!!!LOL...[edited].. ya folks if u have to send any money first its a big scam k!

• La
      24th of Apr, 2013

why does that western union in malaysia tailer was so dull my money until now wasn't receive just because of that wrong receiver name..and it was already change why till now...it doesn't appear in the Philippines that it was change already...hate it..?

• Cs
      21st of Aug, 2013

Big freaking scam. Every time u send them money to release it another so called "problem" arises and they need money for some other reason!! Yet they won't take any money out of all this money their suppose to be paying you. The crazy thing is that they are using western unions name and have real MTCN numbers. I'm really surprised western union is allowing them to use their name this way!! BE ADVISED THIS IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT SEND MONEY!! YOU EILL NOT RECIEVE ANY MONEY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! How could you when money from a country that you have never even been too and a lottery that you never entered. But people fall for it and they are making a ton of money from honest hard working people. These scams should be a Capitol offense!!!

• Bi
      30th of Jun, 2015

This email was sent to me on 20/06/15
    > Subject: RE:Ref Number: WUMT-MY7653***/2015
    > To: [email protected]
    > From: [email protected]
    > Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:44:05 +0800
    > You have won $1, 500, 000.00 USD (One Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars). in their on going United Nations (UN) Poverty Alleviation Program 2015 and we have been instructed to start sending you $7, 600.00 usd daily using our Western Union System. send details full name, address, and phone number to Mrs.Franca Lee. for more information on your transaction status or call our 24 hours helpline +601-648-453-21 for any inquiries.
    > Yours Truly,
    > Barbour Susan.
    > Western Union Malaysia.

On following up on these scams as I am often interested to do, this ends up with the following:

Be advised that without your payment of $367.00 USD for your activation fee, your name can not be activated as the receiver of the funds. the reason you were ask to pay for activation is because you will be receiving 196 installment payment to avoid any problem.

Note: Be Informed that no deductions can be made from your funds as we where not authorized by U.N to do so. Your complete $1, 500, 000.00 USD (One Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) was deposited to Western Union by the Attorney General of the United Nations Organization, and the funds must reach you in its fullest.

I had previously told them to deduct the fee from the first transfer they sent me.

From my experience, these emails which offer inheritance or other monies always end up with you paying an "activation fee" or some type of upfront payment before any monies can be sent. No doubt, if you are silly enough to do this it will be the last time you will hear from them!!!

Thank you for using Western Union!

• To
      15th of Oct, 2015

Can someone tell me what I can do or who to
    contact, I have these scams all over my email

• Go
      18th of Apr, 2016

Today I was using western union service at klang branch Malaysia, I was sending 5000 to Vietnam, I count the money twice at home with my gf and 1 more time in front of the counter, then I separate the money to 5 part that's 1000 each but after that fat Indian lady take all the money into the counter and mix all together then 'puff' like playing magic, money is 4950 left, I try to ask her to recheck then she throw all the money back to me, seriously I'm not going to use any of your service ever again and I notice that a lot ppl had the same problem I had, money go into counter n go missing like magic, I dunwan to accuse that she stole the money because I had no proof but no more western union service again

• Ra
      18th of May, 2016

I also received one of these to-day in my inbox...what a laugh...

• Se
      16th of Nov, 2016

I get the above email at least 3 times a week sent to me in northern England G.B. Thank goodness I know it's a scam an of course will not be interacting with these idiots ! (Wish it was true though)🤓