Folica (folica.com) / failure to refund returned item

Hello: I placed an order at Folica.com (Order No. 4754926) on March 2/07 for an epilator (hair removal device). Two days later (March 4/07), I realized that I had actually intended to a rechargeable model, not the non-rechargeable model. I immediately asked Folica to cancel the order, who advised me:

"Unfortunately we are unable to change your order since it has already shipped out. If you do not want the merchandise you can easily refuse the package with UPS and they will quickly send it back to us or you return any single product back to us within 30 days of the purchase for a full refund."

I followed these instructions, refusing delivery of the first order, that was subsequently returned to Folica, verified by the UPS tracking information. Charges for both orders subsequently appeared on my credit card statement, and despite 5 emails subsequent emailed requests from me to Folica, I have not received *any* response, whatsoever, from them from March 5/07 to now, Apr. 21/07.

I am very disappointed by the lack of response from Folica regarding my inquiries /refund. They are clearly not adhering to their stated Customer Satisfaction policy (http://www.folica.com/Customer_Servic_d1280.html), which states:

"100% Secure and safe. 30 day money back guarantee.... 'At Folica, we provide consumers the information they need with world-class customer service, no gimmicks, no games, no hidden cost!' - Jackie, Customer Service Team."

Perhaps an outside party can help me get a response from Folica, regarding this matter?!

Sincerely yours, G.S.

P.S. Please email me, if you would like to review a copies of my order with Folica, my email correspondence including unanswered requests for clarifications and updates, and the UPS tracking history, that I can send via email.

Folica, Inc.
8 Corporate Drive
Cranbury, NJ 08512

E-mail: fcs@folica.com
Tel: [protected]
Tel: [protected]
Fax: [protected]

Gs

Comments

• Ka
      14th of Sep, 2007

My name is Katharine and I am the operation manager of Folica.com. I came across this site and would like to address this complaint appropriately. I would like to first apologize for the delay in response as I did not come across the site earlier. In addition, I would like to offer my sincerest apology for the unpleasant experience G.S. had with this order and the return process.

We have issued a full refund on his account as per his request on 04/23/07 upon the receipt of his return package. This complaint has been resolved and I would like to offer my direct contact information for any future issues or complaints.

As a customer centric company, we value our customers and strive to make every single shopping experience a pleasant one. Please rest assure Folica.com stands behind our products and services. Should you have any questions or concerns, I will be more than happy to address them personally. My contact email is Kathy@folica.com

• Li
      11th of Jan, 2008

I have had a terrible experience with folica.com. I would not order with them ever again,

• Tr
      2nd of Mar, 2008

My hair is (was) in healthy condition, not even colored treated, and I never had any problems with hair breakage. However, since using the Sedu Revolution, my hair has been breaking off tremendously, especially after using the iron. I use the iron on the lowest setting and I also use one of the best heat protectants available before ironing and it makes no difference because most because of my hair breaks right off during and after its use. When I used to use my old cheap iron from the grocery store my hair didn't break off. I thought this would be a better investment but it is most definitely is not, so I'm very disappointment. Since using the Sedu, I have a lot less hair. I really wanted to like this iron but I cannot.

I tried to return it to folica and emailed them but I received no response from them. Folica has POOR customer service. Folica manufactures the Sedu which is why it is marketed so heavily on their website. Sedu’s marketing is misleading as it is just a cheesy paid ad in Allure magazine and not a product chosen by Allure. It also explains why several of the “reviewers” put down other brands of flat irons on folica (chi, solia, hai, etc.) stating how much better the Sedu is, which it is not. I wonder how may "reviewers" will bash my truthful review in defense of their beloved Sedu if it even gets posted by the moderators. I have also read that Folica gives members a $5 store credit for a positive review. I give this product and folica a -5 score.
    I really hope to help others not fall in the same predicament that I am in because now I’m out of $140. Please visit the following websites.

Visit: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/folica-folicacom-c8993.html

• Vk
      18th of Jun, 2009

I agree with you. My experience with the epilator order was a bummer too. "100% Secure and safe. 30 day money back guarantee" seems to me a bit of an exaggeration. I never received full refund for the defective product i returned. They gave me partial refund. Liers.

28th of Dec, 2009

i ordered a $150 straightener for my sister for christmas.. it was not here on time.. after waiting 2 weeks after it's sceduled delivery date, i canceled my order and asked for my money to be refunded to my debit card. First i was told it would be refunded by two business days. I waited 5. I called them back and the representative said i had been "misinformed" and that it could take up to 6-10 days. It's been 12 days and i have not received my refund, and i haven't gotten the product in the mail either. Folica's customer service and website sucks to the highest extent. SCAM!

• Da
      6th of Jan, 2010

No offense to you Kathy, but after not being able to register a 255.00 item myself to make sure its legit and your customer service hanging up on me twice...no yelling or obscenities whatsoever...just asking for answers...now I am madder than a hatter and have to say that your company Folica is "customer centric" my ###! You have stolen money from me, time, along with additional money to send it back...no return slip and from what I have seen written numerous times...they claim they dont have the item back and your "customer centric" company refuses to send a refund without additional time wasted, along with more rude customer service reps who blame this on you for buying it. WHY AM I UNABLE TO REGISTER MY OWN GHD IF IT IS LEGITIMATE? WHY IS MY WARRANTY NOT COVERED UNDER THEM?? There is no other answer to this other than they are not real. I am waiting for GHD to call me and will updating this situation on every single complaint website I can find along with the BBB.

• Je
      17th of Feb, 2012

I really regretted buying from Folica. I bought 4 hair appliances from them (Conair Straightener, Hot Tools Crimper, Hot Tools Deep Waver and Remington Hot Rollers). I really regret not reading these reviews first before purchasing from them. When the items arrived, I excitedly tested out the items, but only the crimper and hot roller can be switched on. The other 2 cannot. So I emailed Folica to ask.

Their reply was not only unhelpful, but also very matter-of-fact and insincere. First they told me that “international customers cannot use appliances without dual voltage”. I was surprised at their short and cold reply, with no offer to find out more about my problem. I then replied them with a question, asking if that’s the case, why are the items being sold to international customers? And why wasn’t it mentioned upfront to us that international customers cannot use them?

Anyway, I knew about the voltage difference, so I also bought a voltage converter from Folica. I told them more about my problem, that I could not power on the appliances with the converter. And their second reply to me was “You have voided the warranty by using it with a converter”. I was like…what??!! Where in the website was this stated? And the item can’t even be switched on, so how could I have used it? An appliance is used only when there is power running through it right? Some may even say an appliance is used only when it starts serving its function, not when there is electricity through it. The problem now is they can’t even be switched on! Moreover, the converter was from Folica in the first place!! They sold me the converter, and now tell me that I have voided the warranty by using it. Does that sound like a conspiracy?

Folica states on their website that if for any reason customers are not satisfied with their order, can exchange or return within 30 days. Now mine can’t even work….

Folica is not replying to my emails or queries. I really don’t know what I have landed myself into. I thought I could trust them…but apparently not….totally utterly disappointed….. I have paid so much for the items to be shipped over, and now they are only for display purposes……if anyone can help me…pls do… You can reach me at dreamsbolt@gmail.com... Your help wld be greatly appreciated….