LookFantastic

Sat9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Customer service and refund — 45 days ago I bought from look fantastic

I bought toothpaste from Look Fantastic 45 days ago, and until now I haven't received my product. They just tell me to wait, it takes forever to get my money back. Right now I wanna Look Fantastic just fully refund my order. It already waste a lot of time. During this period, I contact Customer service 6 times, they give me the wrong tracking numbers, so when get the correct tracking numbers, it shows this package has been refuse. Until now they still ask me to wait, it's ridiculous that customer wait 45 days still don't received product and the website refuse to fully refund.

Look Fantasticmultiple products in black friday deal

This is a copy of the email I have been attempting to send but it keeps bouncing back. Near impossible to make a formal complain!

Dear Look Fantastic Team,

I am writing to express my serious disappointment about the poor customers service and response to my recent purchase from look fantastic.

I had ordered multiple items on look fantastic during the Black Friday event. There was an automatic 22% deducted from my bill and I was able to also add a voucher code enabling another 22% off. I was incredibly pleased and actually informed lots of friends about the amazing offers. There were no visible terms and conditions on the offer homepages or product pages across the website. The order was accepted and money was taken from my account.

I then received 2 emails stating there was a problem with my order and no specifics as to what the issue was. I then received an email saying my ordered had been cancelled due to a pricing error on look fantastic' end, with no further information as to why. I made a complaint via Twitter and then had to follow up more than once before anyone responded.

I have since received an email confirming it was a pricing error on your side. Due to the fact this was Look Fantastic's pricing error and own fault combined with the fact there was no clear communication or T&Cs across the website informing customers about how the offer mechanics work, I expect my order to be honoured for the price it was originally accepted at for £59.31.

I look forward to your fast response.

unauthorized payment

340516 To whom it may concern, I have noticed there's a payment transaction of my credit card yesterday that went through from your website LOOKFANTASTIC.COM, however I have not...

service

I preordered the advant calendar, when it come to the date of arrival The 1st of October, i went on the chat and asked where it was, to be told that they ran out and waiting for more to be shipped in, so I was waiting waiting waiting upset because you preorder stuff so you shouldnt have to wait! finally be told that it had been packed to leave warehouse for shipping, so over a week later I look and it was still sitting at the warehouse, so I went back to the online help to be put through to someone named Macy! all I was asking is why hasn't it left the warehouse to be told that they can't help till the 5th of November! Not only has my look fantastic subscription box hasn't been shipped yet and still is sitting at the warehouse and got told they can't help me with that ethier! So o asked to cancel my subscription box as I'm so upset with what happening to me and to be hung up on! That is so rude, to hang up on a customer needing help!

customer service

It's a pity their CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS FANTASTIC?..
Terrible service over something that should have been quite simple and uncomplicated to deal with.
REF : ORDER NUMBER [protected]
Cutting a long story short . Didn't get parcel, after many phone calls to try and resolve the issue, AND BEING PROMISED IT WAS ON ITS WAY ..???? From WHERE ???? ANOTHER PLANET .

Simply asking for a refund FOR AN ITEM THAT I NEVER RECEIVED seems to be a GREAT DIFFICULT TASK .
AND AN EVEN MORE DIFFICULT TASK JUST TO CONFIRM THAT BY EMAIL.

GET WITH THE PROGRAMME FOLKS .. without customers ..!!!.. THERE ARE NO SALES ..

Order not received

I had ordered goods worth 78GBP from lookfantasic.com. my order number is [protected] it's been more than a month since my order is not received.
I E-mailed the lookfantastic team several times but they were not ready to help and only automated messages popped.
now after emailing their registered courier service which is DPD I was informed that my order is stuck in the customs.
then lookfantastic team is asking me to contact the Indian customs by myself and their team has no role to play in that.
DPD said they can help if lookfantastic provides with KYC DOCUMENTS.
I don't know why the lookfantastic is not ready to help or provide with required documents even after telling them 1o times to provide those documents and not even taking any initiatives.

I have not received my order.
I have posted several reviews on every possible website, contact the courier company, the export department, the look fantastic company several times.
i have ordered goods so many times but never had to involve several people/companies to resolve the issues. the customer care team took care of everything.
very unprofessional.

please ask lookfantastic team to either provide me with a refund or solve my problem if they can. I no longer want to deal with these issues and no longer want to keep in contact with this company.
I have even reported to trust pilot website twice about how horrible their customer service team is.
they don't even care if their customers are facing inconveniences

Order not received

I lost my order and I has been investigated for one month without any progress

My parcel was lost and I got the refund but for an incorrect order

On the 26th of June, I wrote the following review on Trustpilot:
My parcel was lost and after 22 days, the progress is just "in investigation". I am really disappointed about the delivery and customer services as well as the efficiency.

UPDATE 1 (the 27th of June):
On the 21st of June, I was told by the Customer Service,
"This is still being investigated, can you please get back to us mid next week if you haven't heard from us."
I left my feedback on the 26th of June and got the reply on the morning of 27th informing that my order had been refunded.
I was happy and I sent a message to Customer Service team to check the refund but was told,
"There is an investigation still ongoing. Until it is not solved we can't unfortunately refund your order. I'm sorry for it."
On the afternoon of the 27th, I did get the refund but was for incorrect order. My lost order is [protected], £52.80. But the refunded one is [protected], £28.80.

UPDATE 2 (the 28th of June):
I contacted the Customer Service on the 27th to correct the refund. But got the following reply:
"Thank you for getting in touch about your order [protected].
Unfortunately, we are still investigating the question regarding your order [protected], which is why the refund for this has not yet been processed. As soon as we have a response from Royal Mail, we will contact you."
I do not think it requires three to four weeks to contact the Royal Mail. And contacting the Customer Service by leaving a message on the official website is totally useless. I can only write my review here, which is the only way for me to get my money back. It has already been one month since I placed the order!!!
Now, I just hope you can correct the refund, not for order [protected], but for [protected].

My review seems to be very rude to you. But it is my true experience and I am really disappointed.
PLEASE NOTE: I DO NOT DESERVE TO LOSE MY MONEY FOR YOUR MISTAKE.

lookfantastic/ false advertisement

So i decided to order the Loreal Elnett Satin heat protect styling spray, great product. I had options on where to buy it, but decided to do it here. I prefered it because it had a great nozzle which is easier to use, it was more $, but that is what i wanted. So i get the product, to find that it had a press down button which is not what i paid for or saw on their page. I called to let them know that is not what i ordered and was told, it was and was asked to send it back at my own expense. I explained that it is the product, just not the correct nozzle. I was asked to send a picture and i did. Then again i was now asked to send a picture of the bar code, i did. All of this is ridiculous since they based on my account they know exactly what they sold me. After almost a month of back and forth, nothing was done. It is stupid that i send the product back at my own expense since they didn't send what they advertised. I called again and was told that that particular nozzle was disconntinued. So why not advertise that as well. Basically, make sure you get what you are asking for and not what they want and have available, beacuse you will be asked to send it back at your own expense.

refused to refund return shipping.

Company sent me the wrong item, I returned it and requested that they pay the return shipping fee, as it clearly states on their policy page that they will pay return shipping if it's their error. They refused to reimburse me because I didn't have the original post office receipt. I sent them a screenshot of the post office charges on my credit card bill with the date, location, etc. but they still won't refund me. Totally unacceptable given that they sent me the wrong item in the first place, and that there's nothing on their website indicating you have to provide the actual post office receipt in order for them to refund shipping charges.

refused to refund return shipping.

order did not get delivered

I ordered a bunch of items back in November (over 7 weeks ago) and they still haven't been delivered. I've contacted the customer service many times and they only response I keep getting is that it is under investigation, which is ridiculous after 7 weeks of waiting on the products. I've contacted lookfantastic through all their channels and nobody provided me with a solution or any other form of help. I find this unacceptable.

order cancelled but refund not done

340516 My order # [protected] has been cancelled automatically on 23/05/2018, order date is 22/05/2018 amount of 77066.00 rs. And received the mail for the same and said refund will be...

impossible to cancel

Lookfantastic should change their rules regarding orders cancellation. Now it's impossible to do. Please, understand, people are different and all of them may have different...

won't order again

I used to be their regular customer, often made orders and never complained. Probably something has changed n their return policies and everything went bad. I don't like the way...

Lookfantastic.comthis company is really unprofessional, better avoid them

I want my money back! I had the worst time with lookfantastic and all the horror continues up to this day!
I made an order and haven't received it and I can't get any explanation from them. They can't even tell where my order is, they don't know the deliver date, lookfantastic support is highly unprofessional.
I asked for a tracking number so many times, and every time they say ok, no problem.in my every message I remind them about the tracking number and still no result.
I'm so angry and disappointed! If only I had checked the reviews I could avoid all of this. I will not order from them again and of course I will make sure to spread this information.

Folica, Inc. — their phones don't work and they don't respond to emails

I ordered a flat iron and received a confirmation, but never received it. When I call it goes into a recording about winning a cruise and other stuff. They don't respond to...

horrible experience, order is missing

Hello, I would like to warn everyone about this terrible scam website lookfantastic. I highly recommend to stay far away from it and shop elsewhere. I bought a gift from lookfantastic and my original order was made on december 1 and according to their rep I was supposed to get my item within 14 days. It is now mid january and my order did not show up yet! I have no idea where it is and I can't contact anyone from lookfantastic support! After I checked the reviews I now think that this site is a scam!

• Le
    Lesa Le Monnier Jan 18, 2017

Sorry to hear about your online retail complaint, if you wish we can help resolve this for you easily and quickly. Our new online Law Firm Go Complain offers a one-off fixed fee legal complaint service for only £29.99 for goods bought up to the value of £3, 000.

We appreciate that some goods are low value but a refund can cover the cost and sometimes its simply about the principle and unfortunately, often the only way to make companies take note and improve their goods and service is a legal or official route that cannot be ignored.

For this low fee we handle everything about your complaint from calls to correspondence direct with the company, whether it’s a return, refund, exchange, credit note, mis-sold to you, terrible customer service or faulty goods, both in store and online. You simply submit the complaint to us and we manage it on your behalf, removing the time consuming calls, emails and stress so you can get on with your life.

Please be aware that we are a SRA registered law firm not a claims handler or administration company we offer a legal evaluation, advice and service for your complaint all within the fee.
    For any refunds or compensation we may win for you it goes directly to your bank account and we do not charge any extra fees, just the one-off fixed fee taken at application.
    As a law firm we can also escalate your complaint through the courts if we feel you have a strong case.

All you need to do is complete our online form and upload any photos of correspondence, receipts and the product and we take care of the rest.
    Simply visit http://bit.ly/2iHCJ3a and start your complaint now, and then relax.

horrible experience! product arrived damaged!

I have ordered two bottles of shampoo from www.lookfantastic.com and both bottles arrived damages and half empty!! I contacted lookfantastic customer service immediately and provided so pics and they promised to send out a replacement. Waited for two weeks and decided to contact them regarding my order status and they claimed that my new shampoos were on their way. Another two weeks passed and nothing arrived so I called again and they said the same thing. I asked how long will it take and they said that they have no idea and that I need to contact the shipping company to get some information. This company is absolutely ridiculous! I'll never order from them again and will not recommend them to anyone!

missing order

Hello, I placed an order with lookfantastic and their website says that my order was already delivered, but I did not receive anything. I'm sure I have provided the correct...

can't access my account!

I ordered some beauty products from lookfantastic and when I wanted to log into my account to check the status of my order I was not able to access my account! I thought there wa...

Lookfantastic.comhorrible experience

I have purchased several things from this company. I ordered a shampoo for my sister and shower cream for my mother. These were supposed to be christmas present for my family. So I paid extra, because I had bad experience with other sites in the past. I received a confirmation email and was told there will be a free gift for me. I was so excited about it. But three weeks passed, ad nothing was delivered. I checked the website again, but there was no information about my order. Few days ago I finally received the package. But there was only two tings there, shampoo and soap (free gift). They forgot about the shower cream, but charged me for it. And the worst part was that free gift wasn't so free after all. They also took $5 for the soap. I complained about it, but there was no response. I won't use this site ever again! There are plenty of other good places that care about their customers.

no help for damaged goods

I had a big order with look fantastic, 4 times 1000ml bottles and more. They shipped this big heavy bottles in one small box with no bubble wrap/protection. Hence, many of the...

Folica.comyou've lost a longtime repeat customer for good

Beware: warranty not honored! Folica's customer service has taken a nose-dive!

My sedu 1-1/2"flat iron stopped heating up. I returned it via priority mail within the 2-year warranty period to folica's return dept. Along with a copy of my original receipt, the folica return form found on their website, and a check to cover costs — all as instructed by folica. What a waste of time and effort! Within a week the package containing all of the items was returned to me unopened and marked refused - return to sender! I called folica immediately, and the customer service rep falsely claimed they sent my broken flat iron back because"it was a 2007 model, " when in fact they did not even open my package to discover that the item I returned was purchased less than two years ago in 2011.

It's a great iron, but it does not last long at all, and one cannot count on folica to honor the warranty. I switched to a baybyliss pro nano titanium for nearly half the price and a 4-year warranty and love it even more than the sedu.

Folica: you've lost a longtime repeat customer for good. Shame on you.

Lookfantastic.comunfortunately they have lost my trust

Please be really careful if you are thinking of purchase items from lookfantastic! I purchased the moroccanoil moisture repair conditioner a few days ago. I have used it for only 3 times. Two days ago the bottle was accidentally dropped from a merely 30-cm platform and to my surprise the pump dispenser just broke in half! And the entire bottle is ruined!

I have used other cheaper shampoos with pump dispensers, and this problem has never occurred before. I strongly suspect that this bottle that I have received has spent a long time in the storeroom, and is already of depreciated quality before it is sold to me. I tried to contact the contact the customer service and after 2 days of patient waiting, they replied that “a product can only be replaced if it is delivered to you damaged and cannot be replaced if damaged after delivery.”

I have had similar experiences with feelunique.com and asos.com and have received either a replacement or a refund f
Rom the 2 sites.in contrast, the customer service in lookfantastic has been really disappointing. After sending me a product of such poor quality, they are just trying to avoid their responsibility without even offering me an apology!

Think twice before making your purchase with lookfantastic because your basic right as a consumer to receive a product of reasonable quality cannot even be guaranteed!

It is not the money, but the ability of a company to earn consumers’ trust that matters. Unfortunately they have lost my trust.

Folica.com — defective item cannot return / exchange

Lookfantastic.comworst customer service I have experienced so far

Worst customer service I have experienced so far. Do not recommend to order from this site!! i have received my order, there was a wrong item in it. Have tried to contact customer service via Internet and email-no answer. I live in Sweden and do not wish to spent my money on calling them. I wait for responce some more and then see if I can turn to charge them legally through our swedish konsumentverket, which deals with $#*!ty companies like this one. May be that will teach them.

• Ci
    CINDYWE Dec 05, 2012

HORRIFYING ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE WITH LOOK FANTASTIC
    Lookfantastic order number 23151151
    I live in Australia, and I've paid 207 pounds and ordered 2 x GHD metallic gold hair styler + bonus ghd final fix hair spray from ‘lookfantastic.com’ on 13/11/2012.

On14/11/2012 I've received an email saying the order has been dispatched.

On28/11/2012 I've received the parcel, it's posted from Belgium, it's a fairly small box, my first thought was there was no way that both of the hair irons could have fit in there. So I opened it up, there was only 2 bottles of the bonus hair spray.

The next day I wrote to them to explain that I've only received hair spray, but not the hair irons, asking where is the rest of my order.

On 30/11/2012, I've received an email from lookfantastic saying sorry that my order is missing, they will look into it. I replied the same day explained AGAIN that I've received part of my order, the hair spray, I am still waiting for the 2 x hair irons.

On 01/12/2012, I've received another email from a girl called Joanne from LF(lookfantastic), saying that she will send me declaration form and she checked stock level there are still stock left, she will be sending the hair iron& hair spray to me within 24 hours.

I replied again to say thanks for that and I have received the hair spray, no need to send them again.

On 03/12/2012, I've received another email from LF saying they've checked the tracking number, someone has signed for the parcel, asking me to check with my neighbours if they've taken it!!! This is the parcel of the 2 x bottles of the bonus hair spray that I've explained a million times to them about. They’ve even attached my original inquiry in that same email, where I've clearly said that I have received a parcel and it only had the hair sprays...

On 04/12/2012, I finally received the declaration form, there is once again a huge mistake on it, it only mentioned 1 x ghd hair styler +bonus hair spray missing. I manually crossed out 1, wrote 2, and crossed out the bonus hair spray, wrote next to it: I've received hair spray, no need to send them again.
    Then I explained the whole situation on the body of the email, as well as on the deceleration form to them once again just in case someone new handles this claim again. I've even attached the photo of the box that the hair spray came in with and also my order confirmation sheet.

on 05/12/2012, I've received an even more ridiculous email saying that my order has been REFUNDED. And the refund value is only half of what I’ve paid (I’ve paid 207pounds, they’ve refunded $103.50 pounds).

My frustration is beyond words could describe, and I am total disgusted of the whole experience with lookfantastic.com.

I would not waste of my time any further trying to sort things out with lookfantastic, I have decided to take this to British consumer authority.

I have also published my horrifying experience on a local influential Chinese forum, I am sure they will learn from my lesson, too.

Lookfantastic.comdidn't even bother to call us back

We have been using l'f' for around 5 years plus, spending around 3000ukpounds per year, do you think that would be classified as a good customer?? Apparently not, our last order for 800 pounds was made 11 days ago... After 5 emails no replies then 4 telephone calls costing us around 50 pounds [as we live in kenya] we find out from some of the most surly unhelpful people, i've ever come across, that it's still in the warehouse, not even been sent, when we explain that someone is carrying it over for us in 2 days time, you'd be mistaken in thinking they'd rush it through, no no no, didn't even bother to call us back, we ring again 20 of the 40 items are out of stock and wont be in stock for 3 weeks or more!!!

• Bo
    BoothMaritza Oct 05, 2011

my best friend's mom makes $77 an hour on the computer. She has been out of job for 9 months but last month her check was $7487 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read about it here CalmCash. com

order not arrived, terrible service

The worst customer service on the planet!"

anonymous8787 Dec 05, 2011

Something has gone very, very wrong with this company in the last few months. You are by no means alone in your experience. I have found that the only way to get a response from these people is to complain on their facebook "help" page: http://www.facebook.com/HelpMelookfantastic, however I have yet to find out whether they come through with the actual refund. Good luck!

Emma888 Jan 25, 2012

I too am less than enamoured with Lookfantastic, despite having been a good customer in the past. At the beginning of December they sent out the wrong item, which I promptly returned - obtaining proof of postage as requested (7 December). Despite numerous emails to them via their website contact form, my account was still not credited, despite acknowledgement of my proof of postage and assurance that my account would be credited within 24-48 hours. 3 weeks on and my account has still not been credited. I raised a dispute with PayPal (because that is how I paid), but have had no joy there either. They wanted me to provide a tracking id for the returned item, yet the customer adviser at Lookfantastic told me I only needed to obtain proof of postage. Because I was unable to give tracking information, PayPal have said that I will not receive a refund. I won't give up. They must be making a mint from all the customers they rip off in this way. I will be taking this further.

anonymous8787 Jan 26, 2012

HI Emma888. Just to let you know I did eventually get a refund, but only after hassling them A LOT on their Facebook page. Just to take the biscuit, when I eventually spoke to someone who confirmed they were giving me a refund they initially DEDUCTED the amount they owed me again!!! Thankfully - after a bit more hassling on FB - they eventually refunded both amounts. I also got in touch with consumer direct, who as a matter of course will pass your complaint on to Trading Standards. Good luck.

Lookfantastic.comi've never been treated so badly by buying online

Terrible experience. Order made 7/3/11 today it's 8/22/11 and my order hasn't been sent yet. I've sent at least 10emails to the support service, they say that"part of the order is out of stock so this is holding the full order". Well, I decided to cancel this part "out of stock", (so the never ending order could be sent right? wrong!) another e-mail, but NO ANSWERS, NO NEWS. I'm really fed up. I'VE NEVER NEVER BEEN TREATED SO BADLY by buying on line. Not only I'll never buy there again, but I will also warn other customers not to fall into the trap of low prices free shipping as I did... just look at the result!

Lookfantastic.comthank you for nothing

I came here to share how bad experiences I had with lookfantastic.com. I must confess I made a mistake when I ordered some goods from this "webshop" (no idea how to call this company, in a shop usually you get what you pay for). They claim: "Our orders are sent via courier and are normally delivered within 48 working hrs". Well I waited for my package a month. Received the holy nothing. Sent them dozens of e-mails. No answer. Called them, asked to refund my money. They said my money will be in my account within 5 working days. Another 2 weeks has passed by. Still have not received my money. At least I contacted my bank, hoping to finally see my money again. I conclusion: forget this obviously fraud, untrusty company. Thank you lookfantastic.com. Thank you for NOTHING.

anon120 Dec 14, 2012

I experienced a similar thing. I ordered a product from the UK Lookfantastic.com company and not only did they send me the wrong product but they also did not refund me when I sent it back to them, apparently their warehouse did not receive it. Be warned!

Look Fantastictheft

Never buy from this company. I placed an order a month back and have not received it and despite demanding a refund have not had my money back either. My emails are either ignored or responded to with automated emails. Most unprofessional company ever absolute bunch of jokers. Never ever shop with these con artists. Have eventually had to claim the money back on my credit card and will let HSBC chase them up. They are basically thrives and have no idea how to run a business.

• Be
    Bec82 Jun 05, 2011

Couldn't agree more. Placed an order a month ago which I never received. Contacted them about 10 times so far - initially they replied with automated emails that had no relevance to my query at all. Then just stopped replying. They have my money AND my order and seem to have no intention of giving me a refund. I have never known such incompetence - for a company to ignore consistent emails demanding a refund just beggars belief. I have been refunded by my credit card company and my bank will claw back the money from them. I will be making a formal complaint to trading standards and have warned everyone I know never to use this joke of a company. Reckon we'll see them on Watchdog before the year is out. Charlatans.

Emma888 Jan 26, 2012

I agree totally. They sent me the wrong order, so I returned it and obtained proof of posting as requested. This was almost two months ago and they have still not provided me with a refund - even after I sent them the proof of posting receipt. When I told them that I was going to take the matter further, they deleted my account - presumably to try and remove all evidence. However, I have my payment to them as a record, plus copies of their correspondence. They won't get away with it. It amounts to theft. Everyone who is dissatisfied with them should lodge a complaint with trading standards and the Ombudsman.

Lookfantastic.comterrible customer service, do not recommend to anyone

Terrible customer service. do not recommend to anyone. My first order came 2 weeks later and there was mistake in it. I wrote them 7 times, and they did not write me back for 2 weeks already. Another order is still on its way, for a 3rd week already. $#*!ty very $#*!ty customer service.

• Le
    lemonsheep Aug 02, 2011

Yes, horrible service! I didn't get what i order, they contact me for refund or replacement, I choose a replacement, after 2days, they send me an email tell me that they have record a refund request so they cannot make a replacement (I never do any refund request but ok i accept it), but after a month, no refund at all, so I open case on paypal to complain, they send an email to tell they have refunded, but there isn't any, They are just use a lie to cover another lie.

Folica.comI would never recommend this site for any canadian to buy anything from there

I live in canada so I don't get the perks of free shipping even I spent over $200 worth product shopping but this website will charge you anywhere from $19.99- $30 for shipping but when they ship they do not tell that you will be getting dinged with extra duty charges. When the product arrive you have to pay over $20 minimum to release your stuff from ups.

I bought a flat iron which as soon I got (after paying for 2 day shipping I got it after 6 days) I plugged it on it didn't worked so now I am stuck with the flat iron which is not working after going through all that trouble. I wanted them to refund me for teh product which is not working if I send them the product back so now I have to pay for the shipping again. What kind of company is this they don't care about their customer and their problems. They have only one receptionist on teh other side of the phone line. So you have to wait ages to get through.

Over all I would never recommend this site for any canadian to buy anything from there.

JEPS Feb 17, 2012

I totally agree. I really regretted buying from Folica. I bought 4 hair appliances from them (Conair Straightener, Hot Tools Crimper, Hot Tools Deep Waver and Remington Hot Rollers). I really regret not reading these reviews first before purchasing from them. When the items arrived, I excitedly tested out the items, but only the crimper and hot roller can be switched on. The other 2 cannot. So I emailed Folica to ask.

Their reply was not only unhelpful, but also very matter-of-fact and insincere. First they told me that “international customers cannot use appliances without dual voltage”. I was surprised at their short and cold reply, with no offer to find out more about my problem. I then replied them with a question, asking if that’s the case, why are the items being sold to international customers? And why wasn’t it mentioned upfront to us that international customers cannot use them?

Anyway, I knew about the voltage difference, so I also bought a voltage converter from Folica. I told them more about my problem, that I could not power on the appliances with the converter. And their second reply to me was “You have voided the warranty by using it with a converter”. I was like…what??!! Where in the website was this stated? And the item can’t even be switched on, so how could I have used it? An appliance is used only when there is power running through it right? Some may even say an appliance is used only when it starts serving its function, not when there is electricity through it. The problem now is they can’t even be switched on! Moreover, the converter was from Folica in the first place!! They sold me the converter, and now tell me that I have voided the warranty by using it. Does that sound like a conspiracy?

Folica states on their website that if for any reason customers are not satisfied with their order, can exchange or return within 30 days. Now mine can’t even work….

Folica is not replying to my emails or queries. I really don’t know what I have landed myself into. I thought I could trust them…but apparently not….totally utterly disappointed….. I have paid so much for the items to be shipped over, and now they are only for display purposes……if anyone can help me…pls do… You can reach me at [email protected] Your help wld be greatly appreciated….

Lookfantastic.comtheir service has gone from good to the worst

Placed an order on 16th feb. They promise to deliver in 48 working hours. 4th of march and no sign of delivery. Sent two emails, no response. Now gone away for two weeks, so asked for my money back. Will never shop with them again. Have spent @ £600 with them in the last year. They have lost my custom. They must have been bought out by a bunch of cowboys! As their service has gone from good to the worst.

• Pd
    P darcy Apr 23, 2011

Very bad customer service. Take ages to reply after repeated emails. Then I called them to ask where my order was and gave me some bull about restocking at the time of ordering - yet they never bothered to email me to tell me that so to me, that was clearly a lie. Also, they had charged my credit card way before sending my order - a practice that I know for a fact Mastercard frowns upon and probably other c card companies too.

When my order did arrive, it was damaged. I emailed them and they replied and asked for photos which I sent but it's been 4 days and they haven't even acknowledged my email so I don't know what's happening. I've resent the email twice and in the last one I told them I would complain about their dismal customer service.. and I guess this is part of my complaining. I will be complaining directly to them and to any other relevant bodies.

So, best of luck lookfantastic with your crap customer service. Let's see how far it takes you till you realise you're losing customers because of it.

• My advice for you guys: Do not trust this ### webshop. Do not order anything unless you have a lot of money to throw out the window. Just some words enough to describe these ###in idiots: terrible costumer service, stolen money.

• So here it goes my story including the worst experiences I’ve ever had. I placed an order on 31th May. They claim: ’’Our orders are sent via courier and are normally delivered within 48 working hrs” I waited for my package 2 weeks. I received nothing. I sent them dozens of e-mails. No answer. I called them and asked to refund my money. They said my money will be back in my account within 5 working days. 5 even 10 days passed by, still nothing. Finally I contacted my bank hoping to see my money again. This company is untrusty, their costumer service is terrible, (not sure they even have a steady one). My advice:avoid & do not order anything from this webshop (???? no idea how to call them because in a shop you usually get what you pay for). I just wanna thank you lookfantastic.com. Thank you for the holy NOTHING.

Folica.comprice match

My dad ordered a flat iron for me off their site. I read reviews on that page and people were happy... I get the iron quickly but its not the same pictured... But the name and specs are the same. Figured I got a newer version... Then I remember seeing it for 60 bucks less on overstock.com

I filled the form out and also mentioned their picture was not up to date and described what I got. Think they care their pic is false? So... Now I find out they will not price match. Grrrr

emagn91 Apr 15, 2010

Dear Maleet,

I am sorry to hear about your experience at Folica.com. I understand how frustrating it can be to receive an item that is different than what you anticipated.

I would like to learn more about how the image on the Folica.com website is different than the product you received. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and would like to hear more of your feedback. Since your contact information is not available on this message board I invite you to contact our customer service department at 1-888-919-4247 where you can speak with me directly. My name is Eric, I am the Customer Service Department Manager at Folica.com. If you ask to speak with me directly one of our Representatives will transfer you to me.

Unfortunately we are unable to do a price match on an item listed on Overstock.com
    Here are our Price Match Terms & Exclusions (which are posted on Folica.com):

1. Price Match applies only to online retailers that have the identical product in-stock.
    2. Price Match requests must be submitted to Customer Service within 10 days of purchase.
    3. Price Match comparisons are based on TOTAL price, which includes product cost plus charges for shipping, handling and taxes. Excludes gift with purchase.
    4. Folica only sells new, genuine products; we do not accept comparisons on remanufactured, refurbished or counterfeit products.
    5. Excludes sale and promotional prices.

NOTE: Folica does not accept Price Match comparisons from classified sites such as Craigslist, auction sites like eBay or other unauthorized resellers.

Sincerely,
    Eric, Customer Service Department Manager Folica.com

maleet Apr 27, 2010

Yeah that is quite alright but what got me was spending extra when the product was not correctly pictured... I sorta understand why you dont price match with overstock.com.

Anyways, I see you guys accepted my review but never commented back on the emails I have already written and sent about the picture being incorrect.

I wish i had returned the iron and got my dad his money back and gotten it elsewhere.

its ok... everyone can keep ignoring when I said I will even send a pic of the original box/packaging and packing list but now its been gone. I never told my dad because he would flip on you guys.

maleet Apr 27, 2010

Sorry-- i meant i no longer have the original box it came in just the iron and packing list.

emagn91 Apr 27, 2010

Dear Maleet,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and would like to hear more of your feedback regarding how the Flat Iron pictured on Folica.com was different from the product you received.

Since your contact information is not available on this message board I do not know which Flat Iron you are referring to.

You may contact our customer service department at 1-888-919-4247 where you can speak with me directly. My name is Eric, I am the Customer Service Department Manager at Folica.com. If you ask to speak with me directly one of our Representatives will transfer you to me.

I am anxious to help untangle this situation.
    -Eric

maleet Aug 05, 2011

Aug 2nd came and went... then it said Aug 5th. Now it is Aug 5th got another email saying it will be an estimated ship Aug 12th. I guess I need to get this package sent to new address, I bet I will be moved out of here before it arrives, if ever! So far, this has been very frustrating. Perhaps I should shop around and see if I can get this somewhere else but I cannot find anything on REMIN (the manufacturer) but I will keep looking. CarID- this has been a very bad experience so far...

maleet Aug 05, 2011

Sorry. no idea why this is posted here when I was adding to my CarID complaint about them delaying an order 6 times now... (over $545 spent). Please delete last comment.

Folicafraud

I researched a long time before finally shelling out 255.00 for a ghd flat iron. The one I wanted at sephora was no longer available and since I didn't want a pale pink one I looked for another color, thus finding folica who has posted on their website that they are a ghd approved online retailer. I also read the reviews, one saying they had no problem registering their iron through ghd who holds the two year warranty and guarantees it is an authentic iron.

The iron came yesterday after a lengthy wait. Its gorgeous purple and came with a bag, but I went to register it and low and behold, it is not a valid number. This had me in tears since I could have bought the pale pink one from sephora for the same price and had the real thing.

I called folica at six in the morning my time (they are on the east coast) was treated rudely and told different stories. One asked me why I didn't buy from sephora and I told her because I wanted the purple one... No other reason,... The price was the same, plus I would have gotten freebies. She hung up the phone on me. I called back to get another story from another rep... Who said that folica registers all of its flat irons with ghd and my warranty is with them which makes no sense at all... Plus why was their a fake review on their website that said they had registered theirs then. They tried to give me a phone number to ghd and I said I have their number and will be calling them myself. Do they think I was born yesterday? They could have me calling another one of their numbers! I asked if their was a return slip in the package so I could send this back and was hung up on a second time. They also sent me two discount cards that were expired. What would you expect from a company whos owner is a crook?

notquiteabutterfly Jul 31, 2012

my flat iron died and I needed a new one, so after hearing consistently that folica was real I did not hesitate. Unfortunately when the iron arrived, I knew it was different than my previous one so I questioned my first ones authenticity. 8 months later the plates literally melted off the iron and I did more research. The one from folica had all the telltale signs, sticker instead of engraved label, red bulb instead of white and no swivel cord. Don't be fooled by hologram labels. those can be replicated thousands of times and my NEW one bought in a salon retailer store that is certified to sell them did nt have hologram labels. FOLICA denied the iron being fake when I contacted them and wanted 20 more dollars to ship a new one. No way. don't be fooled by youtubers who are paid to sell their product.

• Li
    Lin2Newb Jan 05, 2014

I bought hair dryer from the company Folica. I paid for it $150, and it arrived on time. I opened it and decided to try it, but the hair dryer burned out. I contacted the customer services in order to solve this problem. It was impossible to reach this company, because their phone was busy all the time. When I finally contacted them, I received rude response, and they refused to refund. I would like to inform other people not to buy from them.

Folica.comfolica sells fake ghd flat irons/ no warranty through ghd

• Pr
    preciousstyler123 Sep 04, 2012

This is a complete flat out lie, don't be a rude about something you have no idea about. Clearly you did something wrong because I ordered my GHD straightener on Folica and registered it with no problems at all.

Folicafake fraud & rude customer service!

I am making a complaint about them to the better business bureau and suggest anyone else who has had this kind of treatment to do the same.

Folica.comfraud

$125.90 unauthorized charge when I tried to return my defective sedu hair straightener. Company tied up my money for days when they weren't authorized to charge me more than $9.95. Rude customer service agents and totally unhelpful customer service supervisor. I would never buy from folica.com again! In my eyes when they charge you a full retail price to replace a defective product that is fraud! I did not get a resolution quickly and sat on hold for 4 separate calls due to their poorly trained customer service individuals. It was a otal nightmare! I tried to get my money back so I never had to deal with them again and the flat out refused to return my purchase price. Fraud!!!

• So
    sodam Dec 10, 2009

That doesn't sound like fraud but it does sound like some sort of miscommunication/poor customer experience. I'd guess there's more to the story than what you posted. Seems too weird for that to be how things run at a company as big as Folica.

• Jc
    JCross Dec 11, 2009

It sounds to me like you're one of those people that are just impossible to please, I've actually dealt with Folica's customer service on numerous occasions and was incredibly thrilled at how eager they were to assist. If you don't like Folica, it's pretty simple, shop elsewhere and pay more while getting a fraction of the service.

maleet Apr 15, 2010

The person above said- shop somewhere else and pay more while getting a fraction of the service... well... if their site was up to date, i would have shopped somewhere else and got the same product for $60 less. I would rather have mine returned but i used it before i went back to their site to write a review. (and looking at a zillion flat irons, you tend to forget which you have looked at already and initially I thought it was correct)

I just hope they update their site so others dont get a different or OLDER model!

Folica.comdefective product

I ordered an Emjoi light caress corded epilator from folica.com. When I received the product it looked fine but when I opened it and plug it in to use it, it never worked. The product was defective so I returned the item paying 7$ for shipping/handling. They returned only 48$ out of 59. So technically I never get to use the product and went through the pain of ordering, waiting, returning and costed me 7+11=18$ for nothing!! Is it my fault that they send me a defective product??? They need to take responsibility for their action!
And one more thing when I did not give a good review to their service on their website they never actually uploaded my review. Apperently they keep an eye on reviews and upload only good reviews for other customers to see to increase their sale. Very cunning people. This website should be banned for its unethical means.

• Fo
    Fol. Cust. Serv. Jul 09, 2009

It sounds as though an error was made in the return by not refunding for the shipping. If this customer would call Folica we would gladly refund her the shipping charges.

JEPS Feb 16, 2012

I totally agree not to buy from Folica. I am from Singapore and I bought 4 hair appliances from them (Conair Straightener, Hot Tools Crimper, Hot Tools Deep Waver and Remington Hot Rollers). I really regret not reading these reviews first before purchasing from them. When the items arrived, I excitedly tested out the items, but only the crimper and hot roller can be switched on. The other 2 cannot. So I emailed Folica to ask.

Folica, Inc.bad service

I purchased a very expensive Bio Ionic Nano I 5X hairdryer ($165) and also the diffuser ($25) that goes with it from Folica.com. The diffuser would not stay on the dryer due to some defect. I contacted Folica to get a new diffuser. After numerous conversations per email and telephone, they finally agreed to send me a new one. It's been 6 weeks and it never showed. I finally contacted my credit card company and asked them to deal with it and credit my card for the amount. This was an immensely frustrating experience, especially when you spend that amount of money. You expect it will be right or at least be made right. I'm currently searching for a diffuser that will fit the dryer : (Stay away from this company. They don't deserve to be in business : (