Flydubai / never book tickets in flydubai

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I would like to bring this notice to all the readers and to warn them that before booking a ticket to a flight in flyDubai, Be prepared to the consequent trouble and harassment made by the FlyDubai for their own several reasons given. We made a booking to a flight from Alexandria to Dubai for 10th Aug 10.35pm, now we are been informed by them that the flight is cancelled and now they are not ready to refund our money nor they are ready to give us ticket in the same day afternoon flight, they are giving us vouchers which is of no use as Fly Dubai is only flying hardly to any destination for which we can make a choice. If we reschedule our tickets airline will charge us additional Dhs 100 for changing our tickets, but now when they are cancelling for their fault they are not even ready to pay our money back. We are going for a short leave and leaving the country in 2 days and returning back to the work as per the schedule is very important especially in the recession scenario and moreover staying a day or two extra means extra expenses in a new country which is out of our budget. We are three passengers traveling including my 1 year old baby, the joy of journey have turn into night mare. Our only mistake is that we booked ticket for Fly Dubai, which we now promise never to repeat back in our life and never again to fly by Fly Dubai.

Comments

• Ha
      26th of Jan, 2010

same scam with the online baggage booking... system doesn't take it and instead of paying Dhs 40 per bag, they make you pay Dhs 160 in the airport. so imagine wife, maid and 2 kids in the airport checking in??
    they just insult our intelligence and steal from us in bright daylight... no one ever replies to any complaint anyway and no superviors ever talk to you on the phone. they put the customer support in front to give you all the ### you can hear...

cheap.. cheap people who only want to make money... go and learn what a low budget airline is...

• Mo
      20th of Feb, 2010

I gave FlyDubai 2 chances and they failed big time. First time, I booked my flight to Beirut and a day later I decided to add 3 luggages since it was cheaper to pay online than paying at the counter. I filled up the extra service "3 luggages" and the balance was Zero. On the day of travel the Flydubai agent asked me to pay for the luggage again, he said their system doesn't show that I paid for luggage. I asked for a supervisor and they said "no supervisor" they made me pay 450 dirhams to fly. I emailed them with all details and I received a 2 line reply with a very poor written english that "No Refund". It's note worthy to mention that the counter agent advised me not to fly with flydubai due to the many many problems they face with customers, and of course customer service department doesn't exist at this low company.

Just on February 16th, 2010 I made a reservation to fly on the 17th, the Dubai immigration cancelled my boarding pass due to a Visa. Flydubai employee acknoweledged that Visas laws keep changing here in Dubai. I went back to their main counter at Dubai airport showing them the cancelled boarding pass and the lady informed me that there's nothing they can do to refund anything or apply towards a new ticket. I asked for a manager and the same answer "No manager" and the lady said what I'm telling you is what management think!

Flydubai is trying to copy Southwest airlines in the U.S. just go to their website www.southwest.com or call them you'll find the huge gap between Flydubai and Southwest. Low airfare will not gurantee the success of this airline, it's the combination of excellence in customer service and low airfare.

Flydubai: you have a very shortsighted marketing plan.!!! And remember word of mouth is more powerful than any marketing plan, just read.

17th of May, 2010

Flydubai does not give refund if the flight is cancelled. This is still acceptable as the prices are inexpensive. What is not acceptable is that their customer service and their own "conditions of carriage" promise rebooking to the next available flight. But in practice they will not call you back very soon in order to do the rebooking. Instead, you have to reserve next available flight yourselves, if you do not want to stay and wait and pay expensive additional hoteldays at your destination.
    If you would know beforehand that you should not believe the customer service people you would be save from a lot of disappointment.
    My returnflight was cancelled. I have now called 8 times during one week to the customer service, and they always promise to call me back. I still have not been receiving anything practical, no vouchers, just two missed calls.

• Lo
      26th of May, 2010

MILLION THANKS for letting us know about this airline.
    I was about to book through them

London Pasenger

• Tr
      2nd of Jul, 2010

I totally agree with all these complaints. This is the real flydubai which they are painting over with make-up on their website and in publications. Unfortunately I didn't look for reviews before I booked, I just trusted the airline. Now I wrote a complaint of my own on this website.

• Bc
      25th of Aug, 2010

My brother booked a flight from Kabul to Dubai on 25/Aug. The plane was due to leave at about 1700 hrs and well after this time the passengers were informed that the flight had been canceled. My brother had to pay £200 to another airline to get a ticket to Dubai so that he could catch his onwards flight to London. Thank God there was anotehr airline flying shortly afterwards.

The staff at the airport told my brother that because flydubai is responsible for cancelling the flight, all passengers will be entitled to a full refund. However, when we contacted flydubai we were told they they had no money refund policy. They could only give us vouchers that are valid for 12 months and can only be used by the same passenger. My brother has no plans to go back to Kabul within the next few years so this means that we lost our money. This has to stop. What is passengers' fault when flydubai cancels its flights. Is being stranded without a flight and having to buy another ticket not enough punishment for a passenger who made the misstake of booking with flydubai. But on top of all this, we dont get our money back. I dont know why the law of any country allow for such scams.

This opens the way for flydubai to sell tickets and not fly to the destination and still get the money. What a business. Please please please, learn from our misstakes and never book with this airline. Pay a bit more or wait a bit more at an airport, but never put yourselves through such unfair an unjust situation in the hands of rude staff.

• Tr
      26th of Aug, 2010

I don't know what business they are doing. Since 2 months I still didn't even get that voucher (which I don't want)!

• Mu
      30th of Sep, 2010

Please read the below true story of how Fly Dubai treated me and my familly very badly, and how they have stolen my hard earned money :-
    In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind.

On 13.09.2010, I reserved a ticket (with familly) on the internet to travel to Dubai on the 20.09.2010 (Sunday). I paid cash at the UAE Exchange in Amman (Mecca Mall). I even have the Bill Payment which clearly mentions the Flight Reservtion No. On the 20.09.2010 (Sunday) I went to Alia Airport in Amman-Jordan, and the guy at the Passport Control told me that my name & Familly are not on the PNL (Passenger Name List) and that I can not fly on this plane. I got really angry and showed him the flight reservation Fly Dubai sent me on my Email, and the Bill Payment. He told me that the problem is from Fly Dubai themselves, that they seem to have cancelled your flight by mistake !

I phoned Fly Dubai and they told me that they cancelled the flight by mistake (there was a problem with the computer system) and that an investigation was going on, and that they could not give me the Voucher to travel straight away. They told me that they will phone me after 48 hours to try and get me a new flight. Well it is now 10 days and they have not even bothered to call. They did not even send me an email (I wrote to them on letstalk@flydubai.com & attached the Bill Paymemt). I am phoning them every day and they just tell me to expect a call within 24 hours (it seems they are programmed to say this). Any way I don't know how to complain, because the Staff are all Jordanians and are not trained at all, they have no sense of Customer Service Satisfaction, it seems that they were all hired because someone pulled some strings to hire these idiots. Look at Etihad and Emirates Airlines, they are relly good and really know how to treat there customers. I wish I could have reserved with another Airline, but I wanted to save some money. Well instead of saving some money, I ended up paying for another Ticket.

Please do not fly with this Airline, or if you do decide to fly with Fly Dubai, then pray 1000 times before reacing the airport, so that the same thing does not happen to you.
    My name is Muhammed Flaifil, and I can be contacted at muhammedflaifil74@hotmail.com

I think it is time that someone does something about this rubbish Airlines called Fly Dubai. I call it Bull [censor] Flying.

• Ka
      20th of Nov, 2010

I fully endorse all above complaints, and I'm disgusted with Fly Dubai. My wife and daughter were booked by Flt 434 from Lucknow (India) to Dubai early this morning (02:55 hrs). The incoming flight arrived 4 hours late, and the crew weren't willing to fly back ! And there was no prior announcements, passengers were asked to go for security check (so that they could not leave the airport). The Manager was inaccessible for hours, and gave incorrect information all the way. I called Fly Dubai (in Dubai) this morning and could not get any concrete reply, except the fact that the flight was expected to be delayed by about 12-14 hours. I asked them to forward my message to their complaint cell - they called me after another 3 hours to say that the flight had landed in Dubai on time !! Is this a joke played on the customers ? Complaint was filed by about 70 passengers at Lucknow, as they were stranded for more than 10 hours at the airport (30 kms from the city) without being allowed to move out ! After angry outbursts from passengers, the Manager at Lucknow airport arranged for accomodation, with still no definite departure time, at the time of writing this. This is a real PITY ! When I told them their information was inaccurate, they were helpless and asked me to contact Dubai airport.
    Even last year, when Fly Dubai advertised their services to Lucknow, I bought tickets much in advance, only to be informed a week prior to flying that the service could not be started as they hadn't received permission to fly ! I had to make alternate arrangements at a much higher cost with another airline (due to peak season and last minute bookings). Then they offered us free tickets for certain destinations (Lebanon/Syria) where we have no reasons to fly to.
    We do not use FlyDubai much due to their limited service, but already this has happened twice with us within a year. So, if you are flying with a time schedule to keep to - or unless you enjoy being stranded for 10-12 hours at some airport with no facilities - PLEASE do not use Fly Dubai.
    kalyan1959@gmail.com

• Mo
      22nd of Jan, 2011

All should need to learn their responsibilities

• Me
      21st of Feb, 2011

i totally agree with all thats been said above. they processed my creditcard without confirming with me first, and i tried to call them, no reply, send them an email nothing!!! and when i finally got to them, they refused to give me a refund, and they want to deduct a cancellation fee and they didnt even send me the refund vouchers!!! its been 4 months now!!! and i contacted my bank to help me get my money, and they r giving the bank hell!!!
    i will keep on trying till i get my money from these thieves but i believe we all should do something, this company shouldnt fly planes in the air!!! they should be shut down.

i think we should write a grouped complain and find a supervisor their, or find an agency that supervises flydubai and we should make our voice heard! i know that they are managed by Dubai Aviation Corporation.
    this is my email: menna82@gmail.com

• Ni
      8th of Jun, 2011
    nicolas - Letter from flydubai
    Nicolas
    England, Middlesex
    United Kingdom

A RELIABLE AUPAIR, HOUSE KEEPER AND DRIVER NEEDED URGENTLY IN OUR HOME

We are an America family, we just moved to England, UK 2 months back.have two kids aged 5yrs and 3yrs old

respectively!we are looking for a AU PAIR/NANNY//CHEF/HOUSE KEEPER from Any Country willing to stay with us for a

minimum of 2-3years

ABOUT OUR FAMILY:

We are a professional couple, my wife is a banker, while i work as sales executive for a a
    multinational oil company.My kids are easy going and relaxed, they would enjoy someone with lots of energy and

enthusiasm. Having English as a first language is not required.
    We live in a great area with lots of nice parks, shops and restaurants – and there are loads of familiy with young

children nearby with pairs /nannies so it will be easy to meet people.

SALARY/WAGES ARE BELOW:

AU PAIR/NANNY: £2, 500 Monthly (weekly allowance £180)
    DRIVER: £3, 000 Monthly (weekly allowance £200)
    CHEF: £2, 500 Monthly (weekly allowance £180)
    HOUSE SITTER: £3, 000 Monthly (weekly allowance £180)

ACCOMMODATION:

You shall have a big room, huge, and has a double bed, with sitting area and TV/DVD/Video/Hifi.There is also a

wireless broadband internet in the house!!Do well to send us your references or resume, and we would get in touch

with them.We shall discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you.

If you satisfy with the above criteria, please email your CV with (preferably) a photo attached to

email address : nicolasalex11@yahoo.com

We sincerely look forward to hear from you.
    Best Wishes,

•   24th of Jul, 2011

مرحبا بعد التحيه
    يرجى العلم بانه تم الحجز عن طريق طيرانكم وواجهتنيمشكله ان الموظف اضطرني الي دفع مبلغ 100دينار كويتي بسبب عدم الدقه والي الانهناك خطا كبير يرجى مراجعه بيانات الرحله
    رمز الدفع2939519
    رمز الدفع2939496
    يرجى الرد باسرع وقت ممكن والا سنضطر اسفين اللجوء الي القضاء
    وشكرا

• Ib
      19th of Aug, 2011

Fly dubai is the worst air line ever you could ever think to book your ticket with !!! I booked my round trip ticket with them once with baguage allowance and all of sudden while i'm checkin in at the air port counter the on my return trip i've been informed that i don have baguage allowance and I WAS VERY SURE ABOUT WHAT I BOOKED but not body listened to me and I ended up paying about 500.00 USD to have my stuff shipped and now I've been fighting with them for long to get my money back, but it seems to be useless! I decieded not to fly with them ever again my entire life !!!

• Ni
      20th of Aug, 2011
    Fly Dubai - Letter from flydubai
    United Arab Emirates

I would like to request a letter from your compagne to present it to imigration deppartment in qatar proufing tha the passenger under the booking reference:b7x2q6 was traveling with your airline on the mentioned date on the booking as the passenger left the qatar airport without exit stamp on the passport and qatar imigration requesting a letter from flydubai. For more details do not hesitat to contact me nicolas 00971504769431 looking forwerd to hear from you

• Mu
      15th of Sep, 2011

Yes...! it is true Fly Dubai is the worst air line. I was traveling from Dubai to Karachi, I booked 6 seats, my self, my four family members and one for my mother she is disable, we suffer lot while check-in they were extremely lazy we reached at airport before 3 hours in morning and departure time was (2011-Aug-25 Th) 8:15 AM at 11th hour we on-board around 8:10 AM. Secondly I reserved seats (online) together in two rows they shuffle our sets throughout the plane. It was my first time travel with Fly Dubai. Now I decided to never travel with this airline.

15th of Sep, 2011

way how been treated in front before boarding the flight by supervisor in beirut .I, have been missed treated very very badly by the supervisor ( Omer)where been asked to stand on line where there was no line and the 3 stuff was free to give me my boarding card he push me and refused to let me be serived and forse me to take my bag away or i, will not be alowed to board the flight he also told that he is not here to service people like me .i, told him you are the representative of fly dubai and we have never seen this before with fly dubai this type of attitude by costumer services supervisor, am requelar traviler for business with fly dubai .please note this happen infort of person whose was travilling with me .i, believe fly dubai deserves better customers services and better polit stuff . am here asking for apology from the same supervisor my flight details as under ; flight no fz 160 date 14 sept 2011 seat no. D 12 coming from Beirut

Fly Dubai - Mis treated by supervisor in lebanon air port
    fly dubai
    United Arab Emirates

Way how been treated in front before boarding the flight by supervisor in beirut. I, have been missed treated very very badly by the supervisor (Omer) where been asked to stand on line where there was no line and the 3 stuff was free to give me my boarding card he push me and refused to let me be serived and forse me to take away my bag until i, go back and use the line once again where there was no people standing in the line or i, will not be alowed to board the flight he also told that he is not here to service people like me. I, told him you are the representative of fly dubai and we have never seen this before with fly dubai this type of attitude by costumer services supervisor never happen to me with any flight, am requelar traviler for business with fly dubai. Please note this happen infort of person whose was travilling with me. I, believe fly dubai deserves better customers services and better polit stuff. Am here asking for apology from the same supervisor my flight details as under ; flight no fz 160 date 14 sept 2011 seat no. D 12 coming from beirut

• Co
      11th of Oct, 2011

All of u can complain to Emirates embassy in your countries also to IATA.
    follow up your cases do not leave them at all ply with others. We have to stop them.

• We
      3rd of Nov, 2011

Yes Flydubai is the worst airline i ever used
    i booked a ticket to Beirut last summer and for some reason i canceled the reservation
    they sent me a voucher code that i could use it with in one year
    but the problem that this voucher should be used by just me !!!
    they didn't accept to refund the amount
    i asked to change the name on the voucher so my wife could use it
    but they refuse !!
    i don't know why but they took the booking cancellation charge so after that i should have the right to use the rest of the amount to book a ticket for any body not just me