[Resolved] Florida Department Of Revenue / payment withheld from my child with no real explanation or investigation

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

My name is Brenda Pedroza and I'm filing a complaint because since March of 2018 the department of revenue has withheld over $313 from my child alleging that I was receiving government cash benefits when that is completely false. They claimed the same thing in 2017b and after months of back and forth and proving that I did not they finally released the funds in January of 2018. However, once my child's father finally paid a big amount they held a portion alleging the same. To be clear, I did receive cash benefits on a trial bases of Sept & Oct of 2017 and $60 in Aug of 2017; HOWEVER, the non-custodial parent started paying child support which EXCEEDED the actual cash assistance and they kept the entire thing to include the difference. When I withdrew from the program in October of 2017 all departments were notified verbally, electronically and I made sure it was faxed as well. This has been an ongoing issue with the department of Revenue because I am a single mother and those $300 they are holding are in dyer need. First off it's unfair that they kept the difference of the actual child support and the cash benefits but I accepted it because they claim it was the law; but then to keep more monies without reason or proper investigation is unethical and cruel to do my child. I have called and have screen grabs of the department claiming its been transferred or payment processing is reviewing but its been since March 2018 and we're now into Sept 2018 and this is becoming ridiculous. I need help and this is becoming extremely stressful.

• Resolution statement