Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In
The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website

Florida Department Of Revenue Child Support / Wrongful accusations aggravation loss of money and time

Posted:   User 
Complaint Rating:  70 % with 10 votes
70% 10
Contact information:
Florida Department of Revenue
United States
I have gone through so much aggravation with the Department of Revenue child support! They have constantly sending threats of DL. suspension, Interception of Tax refund, garnish wages. It has gone to the point of me loosing my home my car. They garnished my wages for years and when the children are emancipated they still say I owe? Even after they took payments months past the children emancipation. I have tried to negotiate with them and try to prove them wrong but nothing happens to my benefit. I can not afford a attorney I am lost as what to do. Is their some type of rights I have or a lawsuit that a attorney can file against them? I have minor children that I have to care for I can not afford them taking more money from me. Please help or comment about this situation.
Complaint comments Comments (11)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Law & Civil Rights


Sort by: UpDate | Rating
A  9th of Oct, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Maryland did the same thing to me I had to file in court for a modification of child support before I could get it stopped and had to sue my ex wife for the over payment she received. They are fast to start collecting but when its time to stop they takes months and years sometimes. In my case I had paid for 2 years more then I should have. To date I have not received one cent back at least they are no longer taking money from me. Take this to court you can file your self and go to court your self. Good luck
N  9th of Oct, 2010 by  user  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
You need to file a motion to clarify support owed. This could be done Pro Se by having a Doc Prep Service, or a Paralegal, create the motion for filing with the Clerk of the Court.

To understand more about dealing with child support, and your rights:
A  31st of May, 2011 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
True florida child support and department of revenue is people that we pay there salary and yet they are the most rude and never have time to listen to you but is quick to send notices and warnings of child support that has been paid. I can not believe how and ex can walk in office and give wrong information and don't follow court orders and also say you owe more money after paying on time. It's worst fight to prove your innocence in this state.
N  23rd of Nov, 2012 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
i am a very responsible loving parent, my child does not live with me due to my crazy traveling work schedule. i have been faithfully paying my child support since the date of the divorce, which is also when they the dept of revenue ordered the support. my employer has been sending the money, i have proof of that. DOR sent an amended order for the amount to be lowered, but it also says that i have arearages too. how can i have arrearages if my employer has been sending the money on a weekly basis. my worries are this, my license can get suspended or worse, a bench warrant for my arrest. all very detrimental to me and my job. how can they just be this irresponsible with peoples lives. if these things happen to me in result of their screw up, who do i sue for expenses, loss of wages, and damages? Florida department of revenue are all high. they have half-witted idiots working in their offices. to get on the on the phone with them, takes approximately 45 minutes, and even when I do finally get someone, I'm treated like a criminal. in this state you are always guilty before innocent.
i also don't have money to pay for an attorney, they want 1000.00 to start? the attorneys get paid no matter what they do. i can barely keep my head above water as it is.
N  14th of Dec, 2016 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
My husband has had nothing but trouble also. Always paying on time--a RIDICULOUS amount of money. We can't afford to pay rent anywhere and are forced to live with family because of how high his monthly payments are. He has received multiple letters that he is past-due on payments (which is he isn't) and just today received a letter that his license has been suspended. This office is a joke. And they never have to claim responsibility! Is it even possible to sue them ever? It's so unfair. They have caused us so many headaches and can't be forced to be held accountable.
A  22nd of May, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Where do I start in dealing with the Department of Reapers, sorry they disguise the last R are as Revenue . I've been paying regular child support on time through my employer for past 7 years (2010) for my daughter, never late. Starting 2015 they came up with me being in the rears after I established time sharing modification. The lawyer bill for me is $3000 vs my child's mother =paid $0 as Department of Reapers/ Revenue represented her. They intercepted my tax return 2015 (which they have never done or given proper notice) and handed tax money over to my child's mother which she was not entitled too. When ask why they have done this to me, the representative pointed fingers to IRS and didn't want to help me after waiting 45 minutes to talk to rep. Makes me a logical person wonder why even do the right thing to file your taxes in the first place if the two organizations are in bed together and work hand-in-hand to separate you from your money legally. They get to good fathers mixed up with the bad and don't care the repercussions an impact it has on that individual to move forward financially. Now I have to either sue or beg on hands & knees for child's mother to give me what she wasn't entitled for in the first place because of D.O.Reapers blunder. When are there going to be held accountable for their mistakes in the lives that they're affecting negatively??

from Ff. Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
N  17th of Jul, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
They've taken nearly 30k from me since 1991, yet I was raising my daughter, kept garnishing my wages all the way til 2013, plus intercepted my tax returns, when it was finally stopped after talking to a supervisor. Here it is 2017 and I have yet to receive my money back.they admitted that a serious mistake was made but still no refund, followed up with a call again in February and was told they can't find the money that was taken, how is that? Going to be looking for a lawyer to file a substantial lawsuit against them for negligence and failure to use do diligence.after reading some of this on here, almost wondering about a class action suit
N  17th of Jul, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Can anyone give me the name of a attorney willing to file a 1.8m $ lawsuit against FDOR/CSE, I've had enough of their games tired of the lies and deception, it's been 28 yrs
N  1st of Nov, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@Steven Kyle I don't know of a lawyer...but am willing to join a classaction lawsuit as I believe a lot of other people would be as well. Will do some research.
A  20th of Jan, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I would be in on a lawsuit as well. I paid every Friday and they still threatened my license saying it didn’t come from an employer. Then took 2800 dollars and my ex wife only got 2000$ where is the other 800$. I never got notice of taxes being taken. The people you talk to on phone are rude or you get a different story every time you call. It’s on going that they just take and take. I’m always more behind then what I’m suppose to be by thousands of dollars. You go to court and you can’t say a word. If interested in starting something about it my email is mikeyd32073@gmail.com
A  22nd of Jan, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I would love to join this as well because I am paying my child support through my job in NYC, and they have no jurisdiction over my case since my daughter was never conceived in Florida, nor have I ever lived or owned anything in Florida. In fact, my child support was done through NY Child Processing Center. They keep sending me letters and last week I realized I did not get paid.

Post your Comment

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree
Comment text
Attach photos (optional)

Florida Department of Revenue Logo Florida Department of Revenue
Customer Care Service
5050 West Tennessee Street
United States - 32399
+1 800 352 3671
+1 850 488 9482
View Full Information
Contact Us

Reply to