Florida Blueclaim rejections

D Nov 22, 2017 Review updated:

Hi my name is delia and I work for the woodruff institute in estero and naples area. I have been working in billing for almost 20yrs and the last two years have been the worst when it comes to getting claims paid by florida blue. We used to be able to appeal a claim and thing would get paid but in the past two years it has been very difficult because the language barrier between us and the person on the other end or the telephone. It is very difficult to understand the person who is on the other end of the phone because the english spoken is broken english. Besides not able to understand the person, claims are being rejected even with proof of timely filing. This getting out of hand and something needs to be done about this.

• O
      Dec 16, 2017

If your providers belong to the Florida Medical Association I would consider letting them know what is going on. Our own local medical association is awesome about helping practices with issues just like this. Florida Blue sounds worse than Humana. I hate dealing with Humana's customer service. Even when you tell them that what has nothing to do with your question, they make this sound (kind of like Hmpt) and keep right on talking. I think it should be a requirement that if an insurance company's call center is located in another country that they should have two years education on the American Medical System with the last year being done solely in English.