Fixya.com / unable to fix pc and unauthorised deduction from bank a/c

Melbourne Metro Area, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

I browsed the internet looking for a solution to have my Vista laptop communicate with Canon projector. Fixya offered free advice or a small ongoing fee until the problem was fixed. I inquired further and was then offered an option of a one off fee which I paid. One expert could not fix the problem, another expert told me that Vista did not talk to projectors and was not fixable, a third expert did not want to get involved because other experts were handling the problem. I did not ask for a refund of the first amount because it was fairly minor - but I have now just received another charge on my bank account which was unauthorised. I am about to ask for a refund on that but not sure whether to hold out any hope of recovering the money in view of the comments I see on this site in relation to this provider.

Comments

• Fi
      9th of Mar, 2010

We are always willing to assist you. Please contact premium.[protected]@fixya.com so that we can look into the matter and resolve it.
    Please send as much information as you can.

• Gr
      2nd of Jul, 2010
    Fixya.com - Wouldnot let me log in
    Fixya .com
    fixya.com

Wouldnot let me loggin. That i could see the answers.they Emailed back to me. Kept on Showing improper Email address And Password. Finely got Though to company .Ask to have subscription cancelled. didnot cancell my subsciption. Was charged for assisstance. And any time .I tried to email them again .The same thing happened.

• Sh
      6th of Oct, 2010

Please read my complaint at Fixya.com-scam and expertise. How do you get this site to stop the attachment adds as a comment?

• Gt
      23rd of Dec, 2010

with windows vista it sometimes will not find some drivers try somewhere like driver files.com for drivers I was running vista but switched to windows 7 no more problems hope this is of help
    windows vista had a lot of problems and sometimes can be hard to find and fix.

• 2w
      14th of Mar, 2011

Note the address 192.168.0.50 is possibly your own computers ip address, or another computer in your house. This is a private ip range that is reserved for your own computers in the house, these addresses are not public, your so called attack did not come from outside your house.

You are paranoid and technically inept to trace any kind of so called "attack attempt" to your computer.