Fit factory .com / unauthorized charges to my card

1 Pensacola Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

So I order Acai Berry for free...just pay shipping of 3.95. About 1 week later, I am charged 89.31. Yes I am irate, and call the bank, they tell me when I receive the product to send it back with a tracking number. It's been 15 days. Today I checked my statement online, they hadn't sent my money back. In fact, another company fit factory, has charged me another 60.00. Yes both companies got an earful...but I have yet to get a penny back. I will take this up with my bank, who told me what to do...This really sucks. As if anyone has money to burn right now.

Ro

Comments

• Gw
      30th of Dec, 2008
    Unknown Product - Unauthorized charge
    Fit Factory and IPHEALTHIERME
    Norwich
    Connecticut

an unathorized charge of $29.95 came out of my checking acct. The company name was Fit Factory. I don't know what the product is. I called the phone number associated with the company, 800--660-8489, and got a recording saying the call could not be answered at this time to speak to an associate (or words to that affect) press 0. I did. another recording saying the person wasn't available to enter an extention please enter it now followed by the pound sign. (again or words to that affect), but there was no extensions that were valid. I called my bank, who asked if i was online at that moment, when i told them yes they asked me to google the company name. When I did i found this complaint site. On this site I noticed another company I had trouble with, IPHEALTHIERME, a company who advertises a 14 day free trial of ACAIBerry, which I did order, paying for shipping and handleing only, however did not receive it for almost 10 days. I saw a charge on my acct for $89.95 for this company and called that number,
    1-888-771-7029, spoke to someone I couldn't understand, and explained to them that i had the product less than a week and asked why I was being charged $89.95 for a free trial, it hadn't even been 14 days, the charge came out 12 days after the product was shipped. He told me I accepted the terms on-line. I told him thats not the agreement. The product advertisement said free trial for 14 days pay only shipping and handling, again he told me I agreed to the online terms. I told him I hadn't opened the bottle, that i was taking a picture of it and the envelope and notifying the Attorney General for fraud, false advertising and extorsion. I told him I didn't want anymore from their company and to reverse the charges. He kept repeating the same thing. I ended up hanging up on him and tried to call back. This time it was "Sorry we are experiencing high caller volume, the best time to reach us is 6pm mountain standard time. if you wish to speak to a representative please stay on the line and your call will answered in the order it was received." I then waited for an hour and a half (that time), an hour another time and 45 min. another time. These two companies are connected. Online, when I ordered the acaiberry another advertisement popped up for a bowel cleansing product, which I clicked on "skip". Yet here I am. Oh, I also received another shipment of the acaiberry and received an "international currency fee" charge for $2.89 or 87 cents. Imagine that.

• Hc
      23rd of Jan, 2009

Today, the same thing happened to me, except I ordered
    "AcaiPower", thru CNN (Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc.). And, I DID read the Acai web pages VERY carefully.

The site lead me to believe that if I wanted the additional supplements offer, I had to 'click' the 'offer' box. I did not want it, so I didn't click it!

I only found out about this "Fit Factory" charge when my credit card company called me about my credit card being possibly compromised. We reviewed all my charges, but I had no clue what the "www.fit-fac.com" charge for $29.99 x 2 was.

The credit card company gave the tel.# of Fit Factory: (866-407-1022). Called and spoke to a very nice Jane, and her supervisor Holly, who took care of the charges and cancelled my account/ membership, with a confirmation # in about 10-15 minutes.

But, if it hadn't been for the diligence of my credit card company, I wouldn't have know about this non-authorized use of my credit card. And, I also changed my CC#.

My advice, DON'T order on line!
    If you want to try or buy something, call their 1-800#, so you can verbally decline the 'additional offers'!

But, if you weaken and order on-line, I've found CNN and Fit-Factory customer service to quite OK.