First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation / Dis-service and unfair bills
This is to inform your company that I was able to settle the dispute yesterday by contacting VP for Sales and Marketing.
I did not want to wait another day hoping for them to contact me. Besides, I wanted to talk to someone who would acknowledge their representative made a boo-boo. I was also tired of hearing their customer service specialists repeat over and over that once a technician has been dispatched and arrives at said address, we will be charged.
VP said to disregard the notice and apologised.
Note: forwarded message attached.
July 20, 2017 - Consumer Message:
Towards the end of May, I noticed water stains on the garage wall where my main circuit breaker is located. The stains surrounded the circuit breaker which concerned me but what puzzled me was that the wall was dry to the touch.
So I called First American and told the representative that answered my call the situation. The plumbing company called the next day and we set an appointment. When the plumber showed up at the appointed date and time, he looked at the wall, touched it and declared he could not do anything with it because it's dry! So he leaves but informs us that we will be billed anyway. I called First American right after that and told the representative (I think his name was Eric) what just happened emphasizing that I had informed the first representative (a female) that the wall was not wet. Eric told me that he cannot send another plumber until the report from the first one is received then they will be in touch.
In the same weekend, I take matters into my own hands and call a plumber directly who comes and looks at my wall, looks at the floor above that wall and ascertains that there doesn't seem to be a leak. Perhaps those are water stains from previous damage.
So more than a month goes by then I receive an invoice from First American for $50! I am in the middle of a dispute with this company because I did inform their representative from the very start that the wall was dry. They should have informed me that sending a plumber would be a waste of money since the plumber would not touch anything dry.
I have spoken to two customer representatives who say the same things over and over and that is, if they send a technician out, I must pay. They can't seem to understand that it's unfair to bill me when from the start, their representative should have informed me sending a plumber would be a dis-service because he would not do anything anyway.
More First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - I would not recommend First American to my worst enemy! 
- First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - VA Inspection not good enough?? 
- First American Payment Systems - Ryan De Vitis, a scam artist
- First American Payment Systems - You'll get Screwed! 
- First American Home Warranty - Rip off-poor service, taking advantage of customer 
- First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - service not provided and gross amount of $taken from me
- First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - failure to provide services in a timely manner
- First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - samsung washer
- First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - home warranty
- First American Home Warranty - drain pipe