Firestone Complete Auto Care / scam and cheating
I am pretty disappointed at the way Firestone Irving (5410 N Macarthur Blvd, Irving) tried to rip me. My old car was giving some noises when one turned the steering wheel especially in the mornings when the car has not run for a while. Firestone recommended that an immediate replacement of rack and pinion is needed - price quote $920 for parts and labor. When I checked the price of the part in Advance Auto Parts it was about $150 less than what Firestone quoted for the part.
I took the car to PepBoys Irving (opposite Irving Mall) the next day, they quoted almost $300 less than Firestone (parts+labor). When I asked if the fix is essential, they told it was "nice to have" since there is no hazard involved. They gave me a cheaper alternative of having $12 hydraulic liquid filled in. PepBoys is honest, trustworthy and a true friend. My total bill at PepBoys was $39 - no noise now.
More Firestone Complete Auto Care Complaints & Reviews
- Firestone - overcharge/not living up to warranty 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - overcharging and hiding 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - managers lie to you and employees 
- Firestone - manager 
- Firestone Service Center - overcharge 
- Firestone Tire - tires, wheel alignment, billing & payments, customer service
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - wrong size tires
- Firestone on Houston Texas 594423 - broke control arm both sides left and right big damage and a squeaky noise by the driver side
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - inexperienced mechanic misdiagnosed / issue
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - bad service also sells that never happened