[Resolved] Finrite Administrators / cellphone insurance - unethical behaviour

I am very disappointed with the service I received from Edgars and Finrite. I insured a P9 lite in Dec 2016. My phone recently got stolen and visited a nearest Edgars store; I was very alarmed when the sales consultant told me that I was over insured; I learned that they were charging me a premium for a cell phone band between R5000 - R8000 while my P9 lite was never above R5000. I immediately enquired about the way forward in terms of being refunded for the overcharged premiums as it also had an impact on the access fee that I had to pay. The sales consultant in Edgars Parow contacted the manager in Zevenwatch mall to inform him about my complaint however he didn't seem to want to take any ownership whatsoever, he advised that there was nothing he could do. I then contacted Finrite and spoke to a very rude agent( Tshepo Skamane) and TL( Neli Zicha) if that is her correct name. They told me that it would take 7 - 21 days for them to come back to me, imagine! I took the cover for a peace of mind should something happen, on the contrary it's been a nightmare. All I want now is the refund for the overcharged premiums, the reduced access fee of what I would have paid on the correct band. I do not even want to go into details about the amount of inconvenience and losses I went through so 7 - 21 days will not work for me. I need this sorted ASAP. Can someone competent contact me to resolve the query.

• Resolution statement

• Finrite Administrators Customer Care's Response, Sep 10, 2018

Good day Sir/Madam

We acknowledge receipt of your complaint and we would like to assist you accordingly in investigating the matter.

Could you kindly provide us with your ID/account number in order to assist.

Kind Regards