FilterQueen / Sales pitch gone wrong

1 Oakville, Ontario, Canada

We received a phone call from someone claiming we had "won" a prize, for filling out a survey. My husband assumed I had done it, and agreed for them to drop it off. The individual (Kenny) came earlier than appointed time, and was really put out that my husband wasn't home. He told me he had to do a short demonstration before we could have our prize, which seemed strange. He said it would take 15-20 minutes, but he couldn't do it without both of us there. Not like I was letting a stranger in my house, anyhow, without my husband being here. He was supposed to come back at 8.30pm (the original appointed time), but came late, and the spent almost 90minutes doing the demo of an air filter and vacuum. Which seem like good products, but by the time he was done, it was after 10pm. I have little kids, who really needed to be in bed, and asked him to wrap it up, and he told us that unless he completed the full demonstration, we couldn't have the "prize". Which by now, I could have cared less about, we really only let him in the door because we felt sorry for him, and figured he was probably paid only if he did the full thing. He also wanted us to drag out our central vac to prove how much better his system was, and when we told him it was okay, we got it, he again said he couldn't give us our voucher unless we saw the whole thing. He didn't have any literature (business card, pamphlet about products etc) to give us, just told us most people buy it outright when they are done their presentation, which I find hard to believe. He wrote a website on a scrap of paper, so we could look at it more, but it was the wrong website. When he was done, and cleaning up he dumped all the stuff he'd vacuumed out of our carpets (demonstrating how good his product was) back on the carpet, and cleaned off the beater brushes etc, only to drop the fuzz back on the floor. Really??? Not a good impression to leave us with.
In the end, we got a crumpled pamphlet of places we can take a "free" trip to, doubt we will get involved with it. I feel badly for Kenny, he didn't really seem to know what he was doing, how they got our address etc. The whole thing seems like a big scam. All I can say is if anyone gets a call from these people, don't let them in.

He