Fairfield Inn and Suites / customer service

Canada Review updated:

My wife and I stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites, 261 Essa Road, Barrie, Ontario, Canada for the night of September 22, 2018.
We checked out the following morning.
In the evening of September 23rd, we realized that we had left a garment in the room - a ladies nighty.
The next morning, September 24th, I called the hotel and learned that they had found the item, and had it ready to return.
I asked the gentleman on the phone to put the nighty in an envelope with my name on, and I would arrange a courier to pick it up the next day. Amazingly, he pushed back, unwilling to do this simple task. I persisted, and he finally agreed.
Two days later, after tracking my parcel with FedEx, I learned that their messenger had stopped twice at the hotel to pick up the parcel, and both times was offered an unpackaged piece of cloth, with no name, etc. Needless to say, the courier was powerless to collect the item, as it needs to be in an envelope with a name, and ideally address.
Learning of this travesty, I decided to write off the nighty, and resolved to never stay in a Marriott property again.
No resolution is requested. This is just for the record.

Bl
Oct 02, 2018

Comments

• Da
      Oct 02, 2018

I also asked them not to call my wife about the missing garment as it was not hers and I slept with another woman while she was out shopping and they still called her and now she knows that I cheated on her and won't talk to me and is talking about divorce. I surely will never stay with them again. I specifically asked them not contact my wife about the garment they found.