Factoryoutletstore.com / bad service

I ordered a friction mount for a Garmin 350 Nuvi. The sales representative on the phone was very clear that the item would come ready to use. She said that the it would fit on to a piece that the Garmin comes with. When I received the mount, there was no way to attach the Garmin to it. I called the company to complain and they would not take responsibility for their mistake. They said I had to order another part in order to make it work. I want to return the item but they will not pay for me to ship the item back to them even though I only bought it after they assured me that it would come ready to use. I requested to speak to a supervisor and was denied access. I am very unhappy with this company and would never use them again.

Ta

Comments

• Ki
      16th of Jan, 2009

• De
      25th of Mar, 2010

yes because i have been calling to speak with a tech by the name of chuck and haven'"t received a call yet about my spypen

• Sc
      15th of May, 2011

I received my purchase of a dashboard disk for my Magellan 702341 GPS only a couple of days later than had been promised. Unfortunately, it was only a partial delivery as I only got a single disk of what they had advertised to be a "2 pack" deal. I complained over 3 weeks ago, and they have not even acknowledged my email. It was not an expensive item, but their lack of responsiveness is more than annoying. I will make it a point to warn my friends and colleagues never to order anything from this gang.

• Hi
      10th of Feb, 2012

Do Not Purchase From This Company!

I have been dealing with this vendor since Sept 30, 2011 when I placed the order. My order never arrived. Below is a timeline of what happened:

10/7 - called to inquire about the order and to tell them that it had not arrived. Was asked to call back 10 days after its shipping due date.

Called back on 10/14 and talked to "Ken" who told me if the package had not arrived by 10/20 to call back and they would re-ship my order.

Called back on 10/20 to tell company that shipment had not arrived and I requested either a refund or a re-shipment. Was told at that time that I would receive a phone call by Monday the 24th of October with a tracking number. No call was ever received.

On 10/26 I called and was told that now a tracing team was looking into the matter and that I would need to wait until 10/28 at which time I would either have confirmation of the new shipment of my order or a credit to my account.

On 10/31 I called and was told by Beth that I would be receiving a credit to my account by "the end of the week - but since it was Paypal it might take a little longer - a couple of weeks maybe" (Note the timing - if on 10/31, I wait a couple more weeks I will be beyond the time requirement for disputing the charge with Paypal)

On November the 15th, I called because the credit had not appeared in Paypal. Beth said that the warehouse had not processed the order for the refund yet but that she had sent three emails regarding the case. She asked me to not dispute the claim because they were "working on it." In good faith, I agreed - still (naively, it appears) believing that the company was also working in good faith.

On Dec the 9th, I called Beth again and she assured me that my refund was "in the queue" and that it would be processed in December. She couldn't give me a date and blamed their accounting practices (refunds processed only once a month) on the delay.

On 2/9/2012, I called again and spoke with Kia who is (supposedly) Beth's supervisor. Kia told me the best course of action would be to file a dispute with Paypal. Since I had never filed a dispute before, I stupidly agreed to do so only to find out that there was a 45 day limit. I believe that Kia, in her position as a supervisor of supervisors (general cost service --> Beth --> Kia), knew that there was a 45 day limit and was simply continuing what has now become apparent -factoryoutletstore.com is a scam and customer service nightmare for its customers.

I called factoryoutletstore.com again on 2/9/2012 when I became aware the Paypal had a 45 day limit; I was told by Beth (who refused to let me talk to Kia) that "I would need to take it up with paypal."

Factoryoutletstore.com deliberately strung me along in the hopes that I would go away and/or miss the deadline for filing a dispute. Their business practices are shady at best and perhaps criminal.

• Aa
      8th of Mar, 2012

Just want to post my experience - made a purchase of a Uniden Home Security system (for use as a Baby Monitor), yesterday. It was delivered by UPS today - free shipping. I was amazed that it came that fast, no doubt due to my proximity to their warehouse in Austin TX. Based on my experience, I would buy from factoryoutletstore.com again. Especially considering I bought the same item on Amazon two weeks ago and it arrived damaged. Sorry everyone did not have a great experience like I did, but they were awesome to me.

-Aaron

• La
      7th of Mar, 2013

This company sucks. They sent me a battery for my phone which works however will not charge with my phone due to factory setting on the phone/non OEM battery. They gave me a tech # (a guy from the middle east?? which I could not understand) which he gave me a number to Samsung, sat on hold and they said the battery does not work as it is a non-OEM battery, and that I would need to buy a Samsung battery???? Go figure????

• Pd
      21st of May, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to warn people. I only wish I had seen your review before making an order myself with them.

• Zp
      19th of May, 2014

I have ordered a battery pack from the Factory Outlet Store. It was IMPOSSIBLE to return it. The return form rejected when I entered the order number exactly as it printed out. The Factory Outlet Store missed represented the item they advertised in the Internet. Bad experience the first time and it is the last time! It not worth it the hastle.

• Na
      30th of Jun, 2014

This is a rip off store. I ordered a GPS model no. 2450 LM which is a 5 inch screen gps. They sent me a wrong model and when I returned them and requested that they send me the model that I ordered. They sent me the very same model back to me. I talked to 2 different people and they both took an hour each to get thru to a live person. Finally, I gave up and gave the unit to my nephew to use it as there was no chance of them sending me what I ordered. THE ARE HORRIBLE AND I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM EVER AGAIN. WARNING...DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.
    Mrs. Shah.

• Ro
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Factory Outlet Store - lowrance transducer

I order a transducer from you and it was the wrong one. I gave all the information to your sales person, I even email you back to confirm it was the rite one. Got an email back saying it was the rite one. Wrong !! And to top it of your return policy stinks. It's not worth my time to buy from you again

• El
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Factory Outlet Store - I was sen three batteries the wrong size. I was given the narrow one a six at the end
    Saint Albans
    Maine

my battery is square has s 7at the end your people don't listen . I called twice