Ez Storage Woodbridge / Charged for Entire Month Although Unit is Vacant

United States, Virginia, Woodbridge
EZ Storage
14924 Jefferson Davis Highway
Phone: 703-490-4701
I rented a storage unit at the EZ Storage in Woodbridge, VA for a deployment to Afghanistan in October 2014. My account was set up on auto-payment and my bill was always paid on time. My original rental rate was $135 a month and then increased in Jan 2015 to $157 a month, which I continued to pay faithfully. I finally went to pick up my belongings and move out on Saturday, August 1st before 5pm. Upon check out, I was told that I would be charged the entire month of August the full $157 anyway. When I asked if I could be prorated for the 1 day rather than charged the entire amount the Store Manager told me in a very unprofessional way that "I should have read the fine print and would have needed to be out by 5pm the day before to not be charged". I was shocked to be treated this way after being a good paying customer for many months, especially after going overseas to defend our freedoms. I normally don't complain but I was appalled by the lack of customer service and the unwillingness of the Store Manager to even attempt a reasonable resolution. If EZ Storage plans to conduct business this way, then I will be sure to tell all my military colleagues to NEVER use EZ Storage.
Aug 2, 2015