Exxoninconvenience

My 5'10" girlfriend, age 45, went to buy ONE can of beer...clerk demanded ID, which she didn't have on her (I was driving and I'm 60)...SO, I go into store to buy the ONE can of beer and clerk says she CAN'T sell it to me because I'm just buying it for my girlfriend. Next day I call Manager of store (James) and he says it's COMPANY POLICY and refuses to give any info on clerk or territory manager, but gives the "800 customer blow-off number" for me to get the number for the territory manager (because it's against policy for him to give the number to me),

I call the number, and Cindy, ID# 7665 informs me that she cannot give me any number of management to call, but that she can "file" a complaint (like it would matter to them anyway). She also informed me that the clerk was FOLLOWING COMPANY POLICY!!!

Apparently no matter how old you are, EXXON POLICY assumes that their clerks are ###s who can't act appropriately or reasonably for someone who OBVIOUSLY is OVER 21 and demands they annoy grown adults for an ID. This is plain STUPIDITY!

Ja

Comments

• Ke
      Dec 27, 2010

DOUBLE CHARGED FOR GAS..MANAGER TOLD ME OVER THE PHONE TO BRING RECEIPT FOR MONEY BACK, AND LEFT/HID BEFORE I GOT THERE, (CLERK /MANAGER: DEB location: 3998 Tx-6 S, College Station, TX 7784)
    I went to put gas and after i got charged for it and got my receipt, the manager asked me to come back and swipe my card again, because the cashier put it "on the wrong side" i asked 3 times if it would not be charged twice on my credit card, and she said it was canceled already. WELL I DID GET CHARGED TWICE, called the manager talked to her, she said " " if you bring your receipt i will give you your money back", AND I MADE THE MISTAKE OF LETTING HER KNOW I STILL HAD BOTH RECEIPTS cause by the time i got there two girls at the register told me, "she left because she knew you were coming, and sorry we can't give any money back, told me and my husband in a very rude manner to get out of her store or else she would called the police" treating us like the criminals, and finally after a long and frustrating 15 min, she broke her "store policy" and gave me my money back.