Extra Space Storage / inadequate pest control at a climate-controlled facility in ellisville, mo

1 Ellisville, MO, United States

Upon moving my furniture out of Extra Space Storage on Strecker Rd. in Ellisville, MO on Sunday, July 8, 2018, I saw there had been rodents nesting in my queen size mattress. Matter of fact, a dead mouse was found between the mattress and box spring. I have had my furniture stored at the facility for over 6 years and my monthly payment was $230 per month for a 10 X 15 ft. space. This mattress and box spring set was purchased just before moving into the facility 6 years ago and I had to destroy the mattress on 7/8/18 due to rodent infestation. This was really upsetting to me since I paid $800 for the mattress set just before storage. I expect adequate pest control measures to be taken at a conditioned facility with all internal storage. Evidence of the rodent damage to my mattress and the actual dead mouse was shown to the Store Manager along with pictures of the mattress and box spring thrown into a dumpster. Management has done nothing in almost 6 weeks to rectify this situation. Rodent control at the facility is inadequate as I pointed out several deficiencies to the Store Manager on Monday, July 9, 2018. I consider myself to be a pest control expert as I was responsible for all pest control at numerous food production facilities for over 20 years as a Quality Assurance Manager. Do not store your items at this facility because they will not stand behind damage due to their negligence and inadequate pest control.

Larry Stroder