EverHome Mortgage / Lately fees!
We were unfortunate enough to have our mortgage sold to EverHome, Sept., 2007. Later that month my husband, the sole provider, lost his job. We busted our butts, borrowed money, took temp. jobs to make sure that our mortgage payments were held in priority and paid by the 16th of the month. We made our November payment, mailing it 5 days prior to the 16th so that it would arrive in plenty of time. With our prior mortgage company (NetBank) that was always sufficient time.
I noticed that it took quite a bit longer for that check to clear our bank. So much so that I was beginning to wonder if they ever received it or it got lost in the mail. It finally cleared and we were hit with a late fee. With any other creditor a simple phone call would have cleared things up. Not with Everhome Mortgage. They told me that we have to go through a 'review process' to get that late fee cleared up. That alone told me that we were going to get hosed and big time.
My suspicions were confirmed with a denial letter. Whatever happened to common customer service? We have excellent credit, not a single payment gone past 30 days. We have made sure our bills were paid through unemployment, but we get punished anyway? I went to their website to find an email address, and conveniently enough, no email addresses!!!
I am unsure as to what to do but to continue fighting them. I am looking forward to selling our house this spring for more than getting out of a crappy neighborhood, but also a really crappy mortgage company. We also know who to avoid and to advise others to avoid when making our next home purchase.
More EverHome Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- EverHome Mortgage - Foreclosure Fraud 
- EverHome Mortgage - Fraud alert 
- EverHome Mortgage - Foreclosure 
- EverHome Mortgage - BOGUS FEES ILLEGAL PRACTICES 
- EverHome Mortgage - Short Sale for over a Year 
- EverHome Mortgage - Reporting incorrect info on my credit reports and owes me money 
- EverHome Mortgage - Customer Service
- EverHome Mortgage - Over Charge, will not return money
- EverHome Mortgage - Escrow shortage, and excess fees 
- EverHome Mortgage - No service at all!