EverHome Mortgage / Mortgage Extortion / Fraud

1 6800 Park Ten Blvd., Suite 180SUnited States Review updated:

Ever since my mortgage was taken over by EverHome I have had nothing but problems. Their staff is incompetent and has harassed me for two years since they took over my mortgage. Every year they claim I did not pay taxes and threaten me with financial harm. The taxes are public records on the internet! All they have to do is google my county's tax website and enter my address to see that the taxes were in fact paid on time! I send proof after proof (canceled checks and other documentation), and I always get threatening letters until I call and scream at the people on the other end--to which they always reply it is a computer error. Doubtful. Why does it happen every year? I think it is probably a scam to rip off people who don't stand up for their rights or are away on vacation and don't receive the threats to deal with--they only give you 15 days to respond and it takes 7 from the date on the letter before it gets to your home--they probably hang on to it in the mailroom a little while to help reduce the 15 day period even more. That way they can scam people out of fines, fees, and whatever else these unscrupulous fiends can do to cause harm. They are predators just trying to squeeze money out of honest people.

Te

Comments

• Te
      24th of May, 2011

By the way--all of us who are harmed by EverHome should file a complaint with BOTH the Jacksonville Florida Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. The Federal Trade Commission investigates entities if there are enough complaints. Filing a complaint is easy and online: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

28th of May, 2011

Everhome made an error in my escrow calculation increasing my payment 300.00/month. NOT YEAR, PER MONTH. I eventually lost my home to these scumbuckets. I only have one word of advice for you...Document everything. However petty it may seem to you, document. I am waiting for the day I will be able to get back at
    this racket of a company.

• Pi
      15th of Jun, 2011

They did the same thing to me! Two years in a row they miscalculated my escrow. Currently I am paying $400.00/ month more than my original mortgage to make up for an escrow shortage of $7700.00. This will be my new rate for the next three years, after which time my payment will decrease to $200.00/month more than my original mortgage payment. This is on a 30 year fixed rate mortgage! I have never been late with a payment. (Originally to make up for the $7700.00 escrow shortage these idiots scheduled me to pay $1000.00 extra a month for 8 months!! They're funny.)
    How is it our government wont protect their citizens from unscrupulous companies like Everhome? I didn't choose these ###s to be involved with the biggest investment of my life. My original mortgage was sold to them. Those of us with our mortgages held by Everhome are all in a very vulnerable position.
    My question is are they crooks or just incompetent?
    I know a class action lawsuit is inevitable but how many more of us will be screwed over before that day comes?
    NEVER again will I buy a home. The American dream is a load of $%#&*!

• Mi
      2nd of Dec, 2011

I will be quick and to the point, I had to take a Chapter 13, only to save my home (July 2011) and not because I owed a bunch of creditors. First I went tried going through NACA, no luck there, I was almost 3 payments behind with Everhome, made payment arrangements, because the first payment of $1, 000 wasnt sent in the on the 1st (but mailed out on the 7th), they decided to turn my loan over to their attorneys to start pre-forclosing actions. My check never cleared, because they sent it back to me. Well that same week, I made an appointment with my bankrupcy attorneys, filed the Chapter 13 to save my home. I am a single parent, and have been in my home for 20 years. I dont see how these people sleep each night, knowing they are putting families on the street. Thats okay, I hope one day, those of us who have dealt with these crooks, will see justice!!!