EverHome Mortgage / Bad Service

Totally agree. My mortgage got sold to Everhome Mortgage last year. And they suck and have awful service. They are rude and do not know the ABC of Customer Service.

I finished school in the summer and was still looking for employment after graduation. All the while that I was in school, I never missed a payment and even though I was still unemployed, I continued to make timely payments. But when in November, I called to find them for alternatives and to ask them to lower my interest rate, they were so rude and although by then the government had interwened and had lowered all the rates to abysmal levels they would not budge. In fact, in response to my phone enquiry they then sent me an e-mail stating that I was delinquent when I have never ever missed a payment or even been late.

For anybody looking for a mortgage, don't use them and if possible have a clause in your mortgage that they cannot sell your mortgage to Everhome.

De

Comments

• Al
      10th of Feb, 2009

It would not hurt to try and have such a clause added to yout note, but highly unlikely. Blocks of loans are sold daily by lending institutions. The way the system works is lending institutions sale loans to gain funding to generate more loans. Servicing companies purchase loans to replenish the loans that were paid off or refinanced out of their blocks of existing loans.

As for interest reduction, unless it is something mandated by the government or a clause in the original note, the mortgage company will more than likely not enter into an agreement with with a borrower to reduce the interest rate. It would be like your employer who signed an agreement to pay you a fixed salary of say 6, 000 per month, then come back and say to you because sales are down I am having a hard time making payroll, so I want you to agree to a reduction in salary for the rest of your service here at XYZ company. See my point? They are in business to make money.

Thanks, Al