EverHome/EverBankLoan Modification Fiasco

1 Review updated:

We were evidently approved for a loan modification (HAMP?) and found $12000 in legal fees being added to the principal. Everhome representatives ignored our inquiries and those from our attorney about the details behind those fees. We refused to execute the modification documents and found some contrived-deadline imposed (30 days after receipt of mod documents) before foreclosure proceedings would begin again. All this after wiring about $6000 to the company for what appears to be the escrow account; asked about that too without an answer. In some ways, we believe Everhome/Everbank is attempting to extort funds from those qualified for HAMP and other programs, as such may overdue for a/nother class action lawsuit. Our complaints are on file with the BBB, the OTS, and the OCC. PMI is also paid to FannieMae.

More EverHome/EverBank Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Kh

Hello,
    Unfortunately those fees are probably foreclosurer fees and attorney fees. In your mortgage contract they probably have it written how much they can charge you...class action is not going to help. Unfortunately you are probably going to have to pay the fees or they are going to take the house :-(

Sep 13, 2010

My advise to you is to be diligent. I have a mortgage with this "servicer". Something stinks here. Class action suits in NY and Florida recently seems to support this. Class action will not help but will give some sort of justice.

Sep 13, 2010

Oh, did you know that the Jacksonville Jaguars' football field is named after Everbank? Found out that little tidbit searching around for Everhome info. Interesting - my house was foreclosed upon - they get their name in lights!!

• Sn
      Feb 06, 2011

I made a loan with Everbank about 10 years ago. I paid the mortgage on time (as I should have) for 9 years and was never late. When the economy started to decline I called the bank and told them I was having difficulty and would like to sit with someone and discuss my options. I was hoping my interest rate could be negotiated down a little because interests rates had dropped tremendously. I also asked if they could convert my loan to interst only for 2 years with hopes the economy would get better and I could continue to make my payment. What they did was, accelerate my rate (raise it - it was in the terms of the loan). Not long after they filed foreclosure and have pursued me like they were "pitbulls". The got there foreclosure and are persueing a defficiency judgement and are going to force me into bankruptcy and not only destroy me but also the other banks that I currently owe for loans. My employees will lose there jobs and the tenants that I rent to will lose there homes. They brag about how they help the community (when the press is looking) what about when they are not looking. The press needs to get ahold of this and expose them for what they are.

• Da
      Feb 06, 2011

There is a Facebook page called Everbank sucks. Post your stories there.