Everest College / Educational

Ottawa, ON, Canada Review updated:

Everest is very good at selling their programs to perspective students, but once they've got you and your money, there is little to no follow through. The programs are weak in substance and the promises they make of getting you a job? What i've seen is people being placed in minimum wage jobs for co - op placements doing work that no training is required to do. (Serving food or emptying garbages / cleaning) . I 'graduated' one of their programs this year (I prefer to keep this confidential) and can honestly say i learned very little. Mostly common sense stuff. Towards the end of my 'education' at everest college (Ottawa) , there was a really negative vibe going around at the school. A lot of students being rightfully upset about being misled. Not a very good experience that just left a bad taste in my mouth. I would advise against going to everest. Its a short cut that you'll wish you hadn't taken. This of course is just my opinion, but from the looks of things, i'm far from the only one with this experience. If you're interested in going to a school like this, take the time to walk around and speak to some of the students and find out what they think. Take your time in deciding and do your homework about the school you want to attend. I wish i had done more. Good luck with your education :)

Jo
Feb 19, 2014

Comments

• Bo
      21st of Mar, 2014

I think it is more of an issue against men. How many unemployed female nurses are there? How many male nurses are out there? We as a society need to stop being so anti-Y (the chromosome, baby.). I am a men's rights activist and hopefully I can get enough work done to get you from cleaning up cafeteria vomit, to inducing it in a hospital room.

• Ta
      24th of Sep, 2014

I am think about applying to Everest college but reading your complain made think again is it possible to know what are the weaknesses and did u found any jobs after graduation ?
    Regards