Europcar — charged for fuel.
My group was renting a car at nice in France. Europcar rental were at desk my travelling partner was asked for a 1500 euro security charge on her visa card she could not afford it. This meant i had to use my card for the rental security deposit. Without my consent the complete rental was moved under my name.
In the end it was asked if we wanted the full tank option and i stated that i would return it full.
On return a lady took our keys .. turned on the engine and checked fuel and mileage. It was full. Filled twice.. once along the way and then topped up at the famous airport petrol station (expensive).
A week later i was amused to get a letter from Europcar stating i had been charged for fuel. I rang the irish Europcar rep and they stated it was normal and they would refund it. 5 weeks later my credit card bill has arrived and i have not had a refund. I am in the process of mailing them and asking for a refund. What are my options if i dont get a refund?
Thanks in advance.
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar - charged vat on a rental advertised as being 'vat included'
- Europcar Italy, Trento - unauthorized credit card charges, unethical behaviour
- Europcar International - fake additional discharges-rental 4500330924 dr49153-15/03/2019 
- Europcar International - refund
- Europcar - damages not caused by me