Europcar — lied about refund
Last month I made a booking with Europcar to hire a car. The following day I contacted them again to change the pickup point. I was informed that in order to do this they would have to cancel the original booking, refund my fee, make another booking and take another fee.
When they confirmed that the original fee had been refunded I proceeded to make another booking with them. However, after 25 minutes on the phone, the operative was so incompetent, he lost all the information I have given him and asked me to go through the whole process again for another 25 minutes - his English was not good, hence the length of time it took to make the booking in the first place.
I declined to waste any more time. I confirmed, again, that the refund had been made and was assured it had. Well, he lied. No refund was made to my account. Having little faith in British businesses I tend to record all conversations when entering in to contracts. I now find myself possibly having to sue Europcar in the courts as I have no doubt they will ignore my letter before action (it must be my lack of faith again!).
My advice: If your going to hire a car, avoid Europcar. Any company that can lie with such impunity doesn't deserve to gain any business.
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar - charged vat on a rental advertised as being 'vat included'
- Europcar Italy, Trento - unauthorized credit card charges, unethical behaviour
- Europcar International - fake additional discharges-rental 4500330924 dr49153-15/03/2019 
- Europcar International - refund
- Europcar - damages not caused by me