[Resolved] Ethan Allen / price increases as of september 18th, 2018

1 Raleigh, NC, United States Review updated:

Today, Ethan Allen increased their prices on nearly all their products, with an average of nearly 10 %...and some items nearing 24% ! Example...Geo Lamp went from $499 to $619! Some items got prices increases in April and they now they got another on top of that .

In the past, EA would least give their customers a heads up and an opportunity to buy before an increase.

Pricing shocks like this will force buyers like me to look towards Bernhardt, Stickley, Lexington and etc here in NC.

• Resolution statement

• Ethan Allen Customer Care's Response, Sep 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, Ryan. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment in the price increases that went in to effect this month. I certainly understand your frustrations. As production and material prices increase, we as a company must strive to stay competitive in a market that is constantly changing. In order to maintain the outstanding quality and service that we provide clients like yourself, retail price increases occur to help preserve the high level of service that Ethan Allen is known for. We thank you again for your feedback!
    Sincerely, Dan (customerservice@ethanallen.com)

Ry
Sep 18, 2018

Comments

• Et
      23rd of Sep, 2018

I was looking to buy my entire bedroom set from Ethan Allen, which was already pricey. Ethan Allen has gone through numerous price increases over the last one year, I don't see how it makes them competitive when customers are not buying the products any more.