Esurance / Charged $50 to cancel

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

After our truck was stolen, we cancelled our coverage with Esurance. They said they were charging us 50 dollars to do so. We said we never read anything like that in any our policy literature, and they said we had agreed to it by clicking through one of the many screens we had to in order to become insured. They could not give us anything in hard print stating this and so we just had to "take their word for it!" Unacceptable. Horrid customer service, especially considering we had just been victimized and left without any means of transportation. The CSR was rude to us in an upsetting time on top of their skeezy policy that could not be pointed to in any feasible manner. Stay away, no matter how their cute little pink haired cartoon character makes them sound so honest and socially aware etc...

Aa

Comments

• Th
      18th of Jun, 2009

horrible company!!! I called after my rates were to drop due to a speeding ticket 3 years ago. No one could tell me how much my rates would drop. I got my renewal and the rates dropped $5.00. I asked why so little and they said there were new policies in effect in CA that raised our rates, when I asked by how much they said they didn't know then said it was different for each customer.
    I researched new insurance and found Geico charged less than half of what I was paying esurance. They are a ripoff, do not use them!!

• Th
      18th of Jun, 2009

OH! and then tried to charge me a $50.00 cancellation (a policy that was a small line buried in their fine print). I asked how much my refund would be for canceling and they said they couldn't know that until I canceled, she was very short with me about me trying to find out this information. I asked for a manager and got the answer $42.00 refund, I am letting it run out but never ever had I had such a horrible experience with people not answering policy questions we have a right to know about.

8th of Nov, 2009

Unless you signed dont pay them the $50. If they do a negative action against your credit report sue for a couple of million!!!

• Je
      26th of Jun, 2010

Base rates change ALL THE TIME!

They can increase, decrease or stay the same.

These changes can be very noticable depending on when they occur.

If you have an accident and a base rate change occurs, your next renewal could be extreme with ANY company.

IE: Current term 4/1/2010 to 10/1/2010:

Currently clean Record, no accidents, violations, claims.

Currently Paying $600.00/six months.

10/1/2010 to 4/1/2010 may show:

$600.00 base rate
    $80.00 base rate increase
    $100.00 loss of accident free discount/savings
    $120.00 accident surcharge
    -------------------
    $900.00 for renewal.

Easy issue... shop around... find out if still the best rate you can get.
    If so, keep it.
    If not, buy a new policy, and do not renew the current one.

We all shop for cars, clothes, food, cellphone service, etc... What says that you have to renew with any company!?! Esurance, Geico, Hartford, Safeco 21st century, any of them???