ESBI / Unauthorized Billing

ESBI placed a charge on my AT&T land line for $14.95 this month for voice mail that I never requested. I wrote an email to ATT, and they actually called me today wanting to help. The lady I spoke to told me I must call ESBI at
[protected] and tell them that I never asked for this service and want it removed. I did just that. ESBI asked a million Q's and finally told me that someone named Blair Frosaker (don't know him) requested the service for me. ESBI said that they would end the service and also credit me... but that I should expect one more charge on this month's bill. He also said that I should not call them again about it. Hmmm, well we'll see if it ever stops, and if I ever get the promised credit.

Pa

Comments

• Va
      2nd of Oct, 2008

Esbi billed me for two months of "service" that I had not signed up for. I don't know how or why they have my information but verizon wasn't able to do a thing for me and when I called their billing department I was on the phone with some type of child who had no manners or rather did he care for the way I felt about the situation. Very rude people, they get their kicks on riping us off. Now when I called they stated that I would be refunded in 2 yes 2 billing cycles, believe that I'll be waiting for my refund!

• Va
      21st of Nov, 2008

I am being charged for services that I did not apply for and the phone numbers that are listed for the company billing is not in service 1-800-660-6574. This is the first time that these charges have appeared on my bill and they are unavailable for a response or cancellation of services.

26th of Nov, 2008

I work for a major telecom company and I constantly get customers who are billed by this and other "3rd party billers" without knowledge or permission. USUALLY this happens when a customer answers an online survey or contest ("Get a free $100 gift card just for taking survey" etc.) and there is usually some sort of disclosure (3 pgs. of fine print that people don't usually read) that says something like "by accepting this you will be billed by XYX company for XYZ service...".
    Don't be a victim! Read your bill every month and contact your phone provider asap to dispute charges, sometimes they can credit your account and help you dispute it with the 3rd parties. Be careful (and warn family members) about giving out your tel. # online for any reason.

• Pa
      9th of Jan, 2009

My most recent Verizon phone bill contained a charge of $12.95 from ESBI, on behalf of 'Enhanced Services.' The description of the service was voicemail monthly fee. Neither my husband nor I ever signed up for this service.

I called ESBI to dispute the charge. The representative asked me to identify myself, and then informed me that someone by my name had indeed signed up for the service over the Internet. He kept insisting that I had signed up, and it sounded to me like he was not going to remove the charge.

He only changed his tune when I said that I would file a complaint with the FCC. Then he agreed to remove the charge.

He really had me wondering what stupid thing did I do while web browsing. Then I remembered that I had already given him my name, so it wasn't hard for him to then use my name as that of the person who allegedly signed up.

I reported the charge to Verizon. While I was on the phone for a long time with Verizon, I found their representative much more helpful. She put a third party block on the account and said that she was filing a cramming report (I think that was an internal Verizon thing).

I also filed a complaint with FCC.

What torques me is that every time I call Verizon to make a change in my phone service, I have to give them a lot of personal information to verify that I am who I say I am, but some company I've never heard of can just waltz in and slap a charge on my bill.

• Di
      23rd of Jan, 2009

After reading all previous comments about Integretel and ESBI companies, I felt a little better. I immediately sent 2 online complaints to the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Div. I will call Qwest right away on Tuesday and order a block on third party billing and block all future long distance calls. It ticks me off that Qwest lets them piggy back on their customer's phone bill and then we have to pay to have the service blocked. GO FIGURE! If Qwest is aware of their illegitimate business practices, shame on them for providing it anyway.

• Me
      10th of Mar, 2009

This company has charged me 3 months for services I did not authorize. It seems to be a scam ran by the company. I certainly hope they are stopped soon. It appears there is an issue with them stealing money from innocent people.

30th of Apr, 2009

Hope you get the credit, we landed up getting a different number to call, and talked to a lady, she said they would remove, seems as I entered a drawing, for $1, 000.00, from a receipt I had, and that is how I got charged this. I have a number for this place that you can really talk to a person, and get part of your money back--GOOD LUCK this is FRAUD, and when you call it PLEASE repeat to the person on the other end FRAUD, it helps state your case.
    1-866-473-1981 Pass this on to others, maybe we can help STOP this.

30th of Apr, 2009

Not sure if I sent a comment to you, am trying to send to all, on here, the Atty General, is a great one, did not think of that one, I sent to BBB, my phone company was helpful, in trying to resolve this for me, but I like most on here had trouble getting an answer on the number they put on the bill, so I kept trying and got this number. I hear you can get these charges many ways, I entered a drawing, (online) for $1, 000.00, from a receipt I had, and that is how I got charged this. I have a number for this place that you can really talk to a person, and get part of your money back--GOOD LUCK this is FRAUD, and when you call it PLEASE repeat to the person on the other end FRAUD, it helps state your case. she gave us a web address and it is a fake. here is the number we used
    1-866-473-1981 Pass this on to others, maybe we can help STOP this.
    I am trying to give this number to all on this forum, hoping to help others, and STOP this place and others from taking our money. Donna

30th of Apr, 2009

I agree, you have to give all this personal info. yet some place like this can add MONTHLY. I called them and he said call ESBI, the number on the bill rang busy, busy, forever, called Verizon back, and got another number, called it and was on hold forever, then finally, and the lady said she would transfer me to someone that could remove the charges, I asked for the number in case we were cut off, and GUESS WHAT? yes she gave me the number and hung up on me, I do not think she liked my saying FRAUD over and over. I had these charges added for several months, because I had voice mail thru verizon, but cancelled when they quit working (because of ESBI)
    and wondered why verizon NEVER took the charges off, found out today, it is ESBI, anyway she said she will remove 3 months and gave a web address for the rest, it is a bogus address, so I got on here, giving the number I got, you can talk to a real person, and repeat FRAUD, then they do something, this forum is great many people have good ideas and help, maybe together WE CAN STOP this FRAUD, and others that think they can take innocent people. thanks for your advice, and good luck-1-866-473-1981
    Donna

• Li
      29th of Jul, 2009

Please help to stop this company scam. It charged to my mom US Qwest phone bill for $14.95 for the service that my mom did not know about. I called the number 1-888-302-3724, they said that the person named Ashley requested that service for my mom, they said they will credit my mom bill for $14.95 for this month July/2009 and I should expect one more month bill in August/2009.

I just wonder there are so many people complaints about this company, why they are still allowed to continue billing unauthoried charges to people

• St
      30th of Aug, 2009

I received a phone bill that had charges from ESBI for 14.95. When I called them they said I someone named John Jacob ordered Intellicom Messaging service. I told them that there is no one named John Jacob that I know of. They said they were going to credit me and cancel the service, time will tell.

Consumers Beware!!!